Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• rankinsect
    Original poster 52 posts

So I'm getting close to 100% for all areas... except for those dang offering altars that want fish. I think I need 20 small bullhead, which seems pretty ridiculous as that's an absolute ton of fishing, which is about the only thing I hate more than chasing those stupid tattoo designs all over the place.

Shooting fish is somewhat faster than the fishing line, but I often don't get loot and it wastes a ton of arrows, which then I have to restock.

Is there ANY way to complete these altars without doing any fishing? There's not a single merchant in all of England that will just sell fish?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• axlslak23
    100 posts

@rankinsect no. but sooner or later you will finish the main story and all the other content and all you will be left with is bugs, fishing and hunting. And blackout drinking...

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@axlslak23 what is bugged on hunting? I finished all his deliveries.

• axlslak23
    100 posts

@jcar4327 Well, I didn't say hunting was bad. I just said I am still to finish it. Having trouble with dog's fang, reindeer antler and raven feather. The first two shouldn't be a problem, but the last one worries me because I finished all "curse" event where you always had ravens.

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@axlslak23 that's cool, I'm glad I misunderstood. Thought you were gonna say there was another delivery to complete after the initial ones like there is with the fishing.

• axlslak23
    100 posts

@jcar4327 I can't finish the fishing because of big mackerel and big flat fish.

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@axlslak23 Me too. They have acknowledged there is an issue with them not spawning in game. I think he said there was a fix incoming, or that may have been for coastal fishing in general.

Edit: Just checked and it was patch incoming on coastal fishing and still under investigation for big mac and big flatfish.

• III_Hammer_III
    31 posts

@rankinsect

Go to Northwic in East Anglia. Northwic is surrounded by water. The north river is on a lot of videos about farming fish for silver, but it has perch and eels only. However, the canal to the south is teeming with bullheads of various sizes. Works better with 2 spears, but one will do. Just jump in the water from the small wooden bridge on the South East corner (just about straight South from the fast travel tower) and swing your spear(s) all the way to the wooden dam on the SW corner of Northwic.

Note: as of the last update, it seems they changed the behavior of the fish to swim away from you. So use your vision, and swing as the fish come to you.

• axlslak23
    100 posts

@iii_hammer_iii it's a great way to farm cash. just drop in any mountain lake, and it's like... they have nowhere to hide. zeus vision and arrow shots. you make hundreds in seconds. it's like shooting fish in a barrel.. literally. But a rather large barrel.

Still it's called grinding. Even in games you have to get a job to make ends meet. Work for gold to upgrade your armor. I guess it helps with emersion or smth. But not for me.

I think valhalla sux the worst. I can't even imagine what kind of grinding and time it would take to upgrade everything. I guess I would find out since they dont release a patch ...

but never the less, this game took me like 250 hours just to finish. origins and odyssey stand at 80 and 90 hours.

An assassin creed game where you stand like an idiot with a rope on a beach waiting for a fish to show up out of a bug. Thanks ubisoft. Best AC game ever. And the most expensive. Thank you kindly for treating me so well.

• BlueOrb85
    16 posts

@jcar4327

I need 2x Big Makrele, 2x Big Flatfish.

Can you tell me where I found it?

Thanks

• Kormac67
    821 posts

@rankinsect I got my small bullheads (10) from spear fishing the river in Norvich (the north one, near the harbor waypoint).

• rorobfo
    40 posts

@axlslak23 1 minute ago i got a raven feather in Norway ("Rygjafylke") at the somewhat bigger (has bears & foxes) most north-western island (the one without a fast travel eagle).

• rorobfo
    40 posts

@rorobfo found even a big redfish there 🙂

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@blueorb85 They're not in the game at the moment. The Devs are aware of the issue and supposedly working on a fix in a future patch. Unfortunately you'll have to wait for that to happen.

• rorobfo
    40 posts

@jcar4327 too bad. sorry for you. well i am stuck at 5/6 hints for The Father (have thor armor & weapons & all arcs finished)

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@rorobfo You finished the Hamptunscire arc and it didn't unlock it?

Suggested Topics