Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AthulVishnu20
    Original poster 10 posts

New here. Sorry if this has been asked before. I searched a forums a few times and didn't see anything.

Why cant we get some background income (per day or few hours) from the settlement? We invest so heavily in it to the point that most of the buildings are practically Eivor's. So shouldn't we get some taxes/share of profit? In older games which had these sort of player base mechanics we used to get an income.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Quor321
    232 posts

This would be a fantastic addition. As silver is oddly hard to come by for an active raiding viking clan some sort of passive income or mini quests for a lot of silver from the settlement would be great.

It is very unreal to raid a monastery for tons of goods to build a settlement but not enough silver to buy a rune.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@quor321

at the start of the game i did get some profits from sending raiders to help elshwere but thats wa sjust once, to bad indeed it doesnt happen more often

• Quor321
    232 posts

Additional up vote for this thread!!!!

What has my settlement done for me lately??? I went on many raids to build these people a home, show me the money!!

Pop culture references aside, it's a great idea. Even if they didn't fix the spear fishing in shallow water thing, that gets boring. Raids should really pay off better and passive settlement income makes sense. After all I have made alliances with half of England already. Trade income?????

• AthulVishnu20
    Original poster 10 posts

@quor321 exactly. I think we literally agreed on trade with some of them during the quest. And we are the Jarl, the muscle and the 'bank' here. Give us the cut. Or discounts at the general store.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@athulvishnu20 Ya, but oddly the settlement seems to be costly. Have to pay even to get the feast buff. Not that I would like it to be like a city building game either, playing mayor, but some income and materials would make sense.

• DreadGrrl
    165 posts

I don’t have a lot of money, but I’m not really spending any, either.

I’ve done all of the horse training, and I only bother with feasts when I’m going into something and I’m under-levelled significantly.

There doesn’t seem to be anything else to spend it on: unless I’ve missed something?

• AthulVishnu20
    Original poster 10 posts

@dreadgrrl

Iron ore, leather etc from the shop are probably the most useful.

But there are plenty of other stuff to buy from the shop as well.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@dreadgrr Fastest way to get runes is to buy them. As the merchants change the rune inventory often you can quickly build up many if you have the coin. Regardless if you feel the need to buy anything it would make more sense to have some income from the settlement and far more silver from raids. Getting rich is often a goal for many even if it's not necessary in the game.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@dreadgrrl Besides earning silver in this game is really backwards. I can get more silver selling one fish then I get out of a chest in these monasteries that supposedly contain wealth. There is more silver in the crates you break next to the chest then the chest itself. More silver on the guards then the chest. The list continues.

• rorobfo
    40 posts

@athulvishnu20 my Jomviking earns some 100 sp from time to time. Tryin to make her look cool, so others like to have her on their raids. And fish. Sell the big fishes you dont need for a reward.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@rorobfo Don't think I would call that reliable passive income. As the fish were fixed in the last patch there are better ways to farm silver now. But this is really about the settlement as a whole offering passive income and possibly materials. Or at least make the chests that drop silver offer more then then a few or less. I have gotten 1 silver out of a chest in a monastery, and the crates that i broke right next to it had more silver.....[censored]??? In the lower level zones those chest should drop at least hundreds of silver each. In the higher level zones it should be thousands.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

I get 100 silver almost daily, but I also re-assign my Jomsviking daily too.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@vanadiumcobalt That's nice, still not passive income. Taxes, trade deals, and such. They wanted to settlement to feel alive and important but it's just a cosmetic hub. Once and a while have to go to the alliance map.

• AthulVishnu20
    Original poster 10 posts

@quor321 Yup. A periodical regular income. could be raw materials, silver or even xp and reward giving quests. whatever happened to those daily quests from odyssey with killing bandits etc. 2 opal quests is just not enough incentive to login daily.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@athulvishnu20 exactly.

just so many things that i am missing from odyssey in this game, even though odyssey wasnt perfect

Suggested Topics