ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Seth_Greigis
    Original poster 7 posts

Hello Ubi ! I am frustrated by the fact that you neglect and don't listen your AC fans and moreover you don't keep up with the main feature of the franchise which is the historical accurancy!!!
    You did it once with Odyssey when you chose to remove the option of equipping a shield in ancient Greece (except the NPCs) and much more... And I understand in some extend that it wouldn't work due to the mechanics of the game with the spear of Leonidas abilities etc.... But you did it again in Valhalla with the One Handed Swords!!! You brought back the shields (at both hands) and we can't wield a sword??!!!! (again unlike the NPCs, where in finishing moves we kill them with their own one handed swords!!) ...And on top of all that, for no reason, when Eivor draws his/her WEAPONS, they got RIDICULOUSLY INFLATED IN BLOW-MINDING PROPORTIONS!!!!! It's outrageous!!! Even if you couldn't let us have one handed swords* what in the name were you thinking when you made the weapons INCREASE THEIR SIZE WHEN ARE HOLDED!!!! WHYY???!!!!! It is RIDICULOUS!! And on top of that you gave us the ability to hold TWO RIDICULOUSLY SIZED TWO-HANDED WEAPONS (one in each hand)!!! Instead of make them smaller/shorter so that can we use them as one-handed and have the feeling of one-handed swords.

*The only reason I can thing of for your omission, is the way we would draw our weapons when i.e. we hold an axe and an one handed sword at the same side of our belt....but I believe this is not justified owing the fact that in Black Flag we had two sabers drawn from the same side of our hands.

I am very dissapointed from your luck of realism and the decisions that you've made. I don't want to believe that Valhalla will be the last pre-order and Collector's Edition I am purchasing from you... Even if you removed Central-East Europeans their right to buy Physical Merchantise from your online store and we still found a way to buy them through other countries... But I guess you can't stay away from your C-Greed : "... Everything is permitted...in the name of profit"..

A fan of yours since 2008

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@seth_greigis It's Ubi's game, they can do whatever with it and I happen to like Valhalla so far. If you want historical accuracy go read a book. Not sure those will give to whole truth either but for some it works.

You and the other one handed sword, all caps types that think AC has ever been a historically accurate game are lost in more of a fantasy then video games in general.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@seth_greigis It's just a game, but I agree that single-handed swords should definitely have been in the game since vikings did wield them.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Seth_Greigis
    Original poster 7 posts

@quor321 Yes it's their game and they promote it as "More GROUNDED than Odyssey" , 'cause to inflate weapons/shields when you wield them it's all about "GROUNDED" .....I don't want to show off my ridiculously huge weapons..... They're just fine as they are in the belt..... And obviously I know that is not all about realism... It's the science-fictional explanation and the connection with real-time facts/events that depict to our present times... It's the feeling that these games passed on us and the notion that you can simulate to some degree those past times of history that makes us search for such details. If I wanted to play just another Action-RPG just to finish it or to look at the fantastic world , you know already that there are dozens of them...

Suggested Topics