Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SPRTNSQUADCMDR
    Original poster 3 posts

I am 55 hrs into this game and just disappointed. One of the big things I was looking forward to was the horn action ( do not get confused with the call your long ship horn) the "use horn" action. It stats in the loading screen it is used to call your men from the long ship to help fight beside you when your close to water. WRONG! I have tried it about 114 times with every possible factor. Attacking a camp near water- nope, attacking a town by a river-nope, attacking a fortress, a single enemy everything and it never works. I have read everything I can on it. People say to use it while doing a raid; a. At a monastery- it's already highlighted and I'm already heading there with my long ship. B. When raiding a post- nope nothing happens, no one comes. I have also read to use it in a restricted area and the action will show up as axes instead of a horn- nope it doant change and no one comes. Needs to be changed and actually implemented and useful for gameplay. At least allow it to call your lieutenant or the secondary story characters that join your crew to your aid. O also the zealots are way OP. even at power level 138.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• rankinsect
    52 posts

It does work.

You basically use this by going to a place you could have raided with your longship (like an abbey or a war camp that would give you the "raid" option) but the horn is intended for when you arrive without your longship - it brings your longship and starts the raid.

For example, if you walked to a monastery by land, as long as you're in the monastery area, you can use the horn to begin the raid just as it would have if you'd arrived by the river. If you didn't have this option, you'd have to walk to the river, summon the ship, swim to it, angle it to shore, and start the raid.

• SPRTNSQUADCMDR
    Original poster 3 posts

@rankinsect I've tried that. It does nothing. And with the whole monistary raid what is the point of raiding it without your longship. That's the whole point! To raid it with your longship.

• rankinsect
    52 posts

The point is if you happened to wander into the monastery without having your longship - maybe you're just riding through England on your horse and happen on a monastery while your ship is somewhere else - this option lets you summon the ship and begin the raid as a single action.

Once the ship is there and the raiders are raiding, there's no additional point to the horn. It's just a shortcut to both bring the ship and begin the raid at once.

• SPRTNSQUADCMDR
    Original poster 3 posts

@rankinsect my point. Why wouldn't they make it more useful action.

• JCar4327
    634 posts

@sprtnsquadcmdr The horn doesn't call your men to help raid. Don't know what its purpose is other than to make noise. If you are near the water and you can raid with your ship a new option pops up in the quick menu, "START RAID". This will call your men to the area.

Edit: The symbol is two crossed axes.

• FatefulBear921
    6 posts

As far as I can tell the "blow horn" interaction only calls the raiders to your position if they are already on a raid at that location, I think it's just mean to target the fighting where you want it in some of the bigger raid locations. I expect the devs didn't want it misused for areas that can be dealt with on a solo mission.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics