Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

She is lvl90 i am lvl 248 still i cant beat her.
    She keeps gealing herself, even do i have grit (a skill that doesnt seem to work) there is never much food around when you need it.

Where is the balance in this game? why is self healing so poorly designed?

Honestly i like a challenge thats why i play on hardest setting, but when the balance is this far off it makes no sense.
    Pretty unfair to we ourselves cant hardly heal ourselves in a long battle but the enemy can just heal back to full health.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ChuckKatse
    283 posts

Drop your game difficultly to the default or easiest mode and try again. Should be a cake walk if you are level 248.

• Asgardian02

@chuckkatse i refuse to do that, that would be cheating

• Petrnev12
    14 posts

@asgardian02 I remember that one, tried to beat her undereleveled, was difficult, once around her level she is ok once you are able to read her moves, dont forget to spam your abilities and shoot weakpoints.

• rankinsect
    52 posts

If you just keep playing, all the Zealots will be easy even on Drengr difficulty. Many of them are absurdly hard at their "recommended" level, or even above it, particularly the zealots who can disengage and heal because if your own DPS is low, their heals are proportionally so much stronger. At endgame (level 400) even the hardest Zealot healing will only negate, at worst, several seconds of work that you've done, whereas at lower levels it might be erasing a full 30 seconds or more of damage you've dealt.

Grit's the one that slows time on dodge, right? It does work, and it's basically the thing you need to abuse more than any other mechanic on hard fights because it makes the enemy openings longer.

I do agree, though, that the zealots are one of the weakest parts of the game. Until you get to endgame levels, they can be hard fights, but it's hard without being fun - as opposed to, say, Ragnar's Drengr or Lerion's daughters who are actually fun to fight in addition to being challenging. I never fought a zealot, regardless of how challenging a fight it was, and actually came away thinking it was a fun fight.

Mostly my complaints on the zealots is that all they seemed to do to make them hard is just make them monstrous HP sponges and give them almost infinite poise so you can't stagger them whatsoever (apart from sometimes canceling their rune attacks). Zealot healing just makes the HP sponge even worse. And the fact that all of them have some naruto arrow dodging BS just means you're really forcing a specific playstyle.

• Asgardian02

@rankinsect

agree with you, grit is supposed to heal yourself. I actually found out that that works great with miasma and poison damage.

Zealots are supposed to give info on higher members of the order, but since they are totally overpowered compared to lvl you cant really use them for your info hunt.

• rankinsect
    52 posts

@asgardian02 Ohhh yeah, the one that heals part of the damage you took if you injure an enemy right away. Yeah poison and fire are the best to proc that one. Poison and fire are almost the only adrenaline abilities I even found worthwhile to use, and grit is a big part of the reason they're so good.

And yeah overall zealots were a disappointment, felt like a leap backwards from Odyssey's mercenary system, which I really enjoyed. At least Valhalla had some other fun "boss" fights to make up for how mediocre the zealots were.

• Asgardian02

@rankinsect

havent found any fun boss fights yet, most are way to easy compared to the zealots.

somehow parrying works really well, but it also feels like a boring fighting tactic as you your just waiting to be hit and then block with a shield to do massive damage.

• Kormac67
    823 posts

@asgardian02 Approach from behind, fire charged shot at her head.

• rankinsect
    52 posts

@asgardian02 I really liked the Daughters of Lerion bosses, and I liked Ragnar's drengr, as well as basically everything about Jotunheim. In fact, I kind of wish the whole game was Jotunheim. It was by far the most well-done region there is.

The "final boss" of Sigurd's storyline is also a pretty fun fight IMO.

• Asgardian02

@rankinsect

didnt visit jotenheim yet, finding sigurd at the moment.
    Asgard was fun, but didnt much like the 30x wealth quest for 5 skillpoints.
    really hoped the blacksmith there would have made some cool weapon for when i offered those 30pieces...

The ragnar drengr were ok, havent been able to k ill the lerion daughters yet, not high enough yet.

• PGL-91
    6 posts

@asgardian02 try using poison and toxc runes on weapon and use the poison ability that should make things a lot easier I used this tactic on.all of the zealot and it worked just cant find the last zealot though myself

Suggested Topics