Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your continued reports of this issue with "Of Blood and Bonds" not registering as completed, and of "Reporting on Eurvicscire" not appearing in your quest log correctly as a result. We did implement a fix for this issue in TU 1.1.1, which you can read about in the patch notes below:

Addressed an issue in Of Blood and Bonds where the players couldn't complete the quest or couldn't report back to Randvi.

I can see from reading the most recent posts in the thread that this has been a successful fix for several of you, which I'm very pleased to hear. For those of you still impacted by the issue, however, rest assured that I've now passed your usernames to the developers for them to be aware that it is still happening. The investigation was already reopened, so it's something already on the developers' radar.

If playing on PC or PS4, we would appreciate it if you could send us your save files in a support case to help us investigate the issue further following TU 1.1.1. If you struggle to open a support case, please let me know so that I can open one manually for you. Any additional videos of the issue would also be much appreciated, just in case the issue is presenting itself any differently post-patch.

Just as a quick FYI as well - a separate megathread for the issue with Halfdan appearing dead in "Of Blood and Bonds" has been created. If your issue is with that, not with the completion of the quest and progression to reporting to Randvi, please post in that megathread instead.

Finally, I have seen a few players here in this thread and elsewhere mentioning similar issues with other regions (Grantebridgescire; East Anglia) - please post on a separate thread for these and do not derail this thread from its primary topic regarding Eurvicscire. I will be moving all unrelated posts to separate threads shortly, to try and keep the investigations separate.

@guest-mvu9oDP9 Regarding your issue with the settlement upgrades, have you fully upgraded the Cattle Farm, Fowl Farm and Grain Farm each to Level 3?

@PoetSean Just to clarify, given that "Of Blood and Bonds" is the penultimate quest in the Eurvicscire arc - is the prior quest "Honor Has Two Edges" just missing from your completed quest log, and that is what you mean? Or are you at the start of the arc? I just want to make sure I understand why you have been replying to this thread if you're not yet at the point of needing to complete "Of Blood and Bonds". ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you all very much, and have a great evening! ๐Ÿ™‚

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1447 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I apologise for the delayed update. Following TU 1.1.2, this issue wherein players were unable to "Report on Eurvicscire" has been marked as resolved by the development team. I will now be marking this topic as "Resolved," though we will keep the thread open in case there are new reports of this happening post-TU 1.1.2.

If you are still unable to proceed with the Eurvicscire arc as "Reporting on Eurvicscire" does not pop up following the completion of "Of Blood and Bonds," please don't hesitate to update this thread. If possible, please can you also include a video that shows you have completed "Of Blood and Bonds," but that "Reporting on Eurvicscire" has not been added to your quest log.

@ScetticoScet - Hey there! It sounds like you're encountering a different issue to the one being discussed in this topic. If you haven't already, could you please open a new thread about this? Please include a video that demonstrates Eivor being unable to use any weapons, or fight at all, whilst in the Great Hall or in the other locations you have provided. We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

@PoetSean - Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback with us. Please note that we're unable to offer a live service via the forums, and it can take our player support team some time to respond within a thread when contact volumes are high. I'm sorry if any disappointment has been caused by this.

As this thread is about "Reporting on Eurvicscire" not appearing in the quest log following the completion of "Of Blood and Bonds," we ask players who are encountering different issue within the region to open new threads, or to find any similar ones within the megathread list. That way, we can keep the investigations separate and avoid any miscommunication or loss of information. It also prevents threads from going off-topic, which is part of the forum rules.

@vamacisaac - I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with "Of Blood and Bonds." If you're still having trouble completing this quest, would you be able to open up a new thread so we can keep these investigations separate. If you can include a video that shows you're unable to complete the fight, please also include this within your thread.

Thanks all! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Official Response
  • keegaroo
    7 posts

@ubi-woofer
    Considering that it took about 2 months to fix an issue that prevented players from progressing the game, could we receive compensation? Many of the users here bought a game with the expectation of being able to play through it without being completely halted for 2 months by a technical issue. I see this thread was merged with a few others since the latest patch, but my question is in regards to any issues on pledging regions that were brought to attention in November and prevented players from progressing with no workaround.

• PoetSean
    8 posts

@ubi-woofer Hi, I'm unable to start honour has two edges. After the conversation with halfdan, I'm not presented with another quest. I only know that honour has two edges is the next quest by googling it.

• PoetSean
    8 posts

@ubi-woofer any update on this?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@keegaroo - Please note that any compensation to be offered is at the discretion of the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla team, and this is something that the player support team don't have a say in. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

@PoetSean - I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering this issue. As this is a different quest to "Of Blood and Bonds," I would recommend checking our megathread list to see if a more suitable thread regarding this issue is listed there. If you can't find your issue in the megathread, please can you open a new thread regarding this issue, so we can keep the investigations separate? Thanks!

Official Response
  • ScetticoScet
    2 posts

In Of Blood and Bonds I've hit a wall. Upon entering the boundaries of the Great Hall, Eivor loses the ability to use any weapons or to fight at all, for that matter, leaving me wide open during the battle with Faravid. As soon as Eivor steps out of the Royal Hall's boundaries, the weapons can again be used. Within the boundaries, nothing. I've deleted and reinstalled the game. Opened it in the PS4 version. Tried some earlier saves. I'm at a loss as to what else I can do to proceed. Any help is much appreciated.

• PoetSean
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis ridiculous that itโ€™s taken all this time for you to tell me to log this somewhere else. Such bad customer service. There are loads of issues with eurvicscire that have been listed on this thread and it feels like nothing is being done.

• ScetticoScet
    2 posts

@scetticoscet And now the same thing happened fighting The Builder in Asgard, and in the middle of a non-boss encounter in Vinland. Eivor repeatedly is left defenseless. All this after I restarted an earlier save.

• vamacisaac
    1 posts

I keep on trying to kill Faravid for the quest, however, once he is nearly dead my only option is to heal him...continuous kill/heal loop glitch without finishing the quest. Please help! Havenโ€™t been able to finish the game for the last 4 months

• Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I apologise for the delayed update. Following TU 1.1.2, this issue wherein players were unable to "Report on Eurvicscire" has been marked as resolved by the development team. I will now be marking this topic as "Resolved," though we will keep the thread open in case there are new reports of this happening post-TU 1.1.2.

If you are still unable to proceed with the Eurvicscire arc as "Reporting on Eurvicscire" does not pop up following the completion of "Of Blood and Bonds," please don't hesitate to update this thread. If possible, please can you also include a video that shows you have completed "Of Blood and Bonds," but that "Reporting on Eurvicscire" has not been added to your quest log.

@ScetticoScet - Hey there! It sounds like you're encountering a different issue to the one being discussed in this topic. If you haven't already, could you please open a new thread about this? Please include a video that demonstrates Eivor being unable to use any weapons, or fight at all, whilst in the Great Hall or in the other locations you have provided. We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

@PoetSean - Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback with us. Please note that we're unable to offer a live service via the forums, and it can take our player support team some time to respond within a thread when contact volumes are high. I'm sorry if any disappointment has been caused by this.

As this thread is about "Reporting on Eurvicscire" not appearing in the quest log following the completion of "Of Blood and Bonds," we ask players who are encountering different issue within the region to open new threads, or to find any similar ones within the megathread list. That way, we can keep the investigations separate and avoid any miscommunication or loss of information. It also prevents threads from going off-topic, which is part of the forum rules.

@vamacisaac - I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with "Of Blood and Bonds." If you're still having trouble completing this quest, would you be able to open up a new thread so we can keep these investigations separate. If you can include a video that shows you're unable to complete the fight, please also include this within your thread.

Thanks all! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Official Response

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics