Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• burfo_
    Original poster 7 posts

PC standard addition, difficulties with the "The Case of the Missing Ale" quest. I got stuck at the point where I retrieved the barrel of brew but Ake wouldn't take it because "You must be anonymous". I don't know what caused the problem, but here's the awkward chain of events:

1. I grabbed the barrel from Ubetech.
    2. I ran Westward with the barrel toward the path, then turned South.
    3. Along the path, I ran into the zealot Eorforwine, who was more than happy to try chopping me up.
    4. Sprinting ensued.
    5. Near the southern shore, I got hit with an attack that knocked me down. The barrel fell out of my hands at that point. Unsure if it was on the ground or disappeared.
    6. I kept running, past where Ake was standing. Noticed his boat, which should be on the shore next to him, wasn't next to him. Eorforwine kept chasing.
    7. Eventually, he lost interest and started wandering back toward where he came from.
    8. Then he walked near Ake and decided he didn't like Ake either, so he beat up Ake while Ake just stood there. A minute later, Eorforwine was seen non-aggressively walking away from Ake northward along the path. Unsure if Ake died and respawned or if Eorforwine just gave up.
    9. I went back to where my barrel had dropped; couldn't find it.
    10. I ran all the way back to Ubetech, found the barrel back in the hut again so I picked it up.
    11. With the barrel I ran back to Ake on the shore, his boat still not there, where I get the message "You must be anonymous".
    12. If I set down the barrel next to Ake, it creates an autosave. If I reload that autosave, the barrel is not there anymore but Eorforwine is right next to Ake and again unhappy with my presence.

I was able to "fix" this by reloading a save prior to when I initially retrieved the barrel from Ubetech, and completing it more directly.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• burfo_
    Original poster 7 posts

Screen shot in case it helps.

undefined

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics