Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Jurld
    Original poster 17 posts

Playing on a Windows 10 PC. The controller often stops working. The controller works fine in other games. Sometimes unplugging it and plugging it back in can bring it back for some time. Other times it will just disconnect again almost immediately. A few times it didn't ever come back. When I unplug it I get the "your controller is disconnected" message and get the "controller plugged back in" message when I plug it back in. At times the keyboard will work in the middle of all this, other times not.

I'd love to finish this game but it just keeps getting worse and worse the more I play.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• heliocron
    3 posts

I am having this exact same issue. Using an XBox Series 2 controller on my Windows 10 PC. Movement will work, but attack/block will not. I reported it to support, and got the typical unplug/replug and uninstall/install. Just verified, as it happened again while raiding a monastery, that it also affects the Keyboard and mouse controls. Only way to get it working is to reload the last save. Hopefully support will see this is not a single instance now.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 635 posts

Hey all, thanks for reaching out, and sorry to hear this is occurring. heliocron - I'm curious to know if loading any previous save helps address the issue, or if you need to load a save from a certain point? Additionally, does this permanently solve the issue, or does it seem to be temporary?

Official Response
  • heliocron
    3 posts

just loading the previous save would resolve the issue, but only for a short period of time. I managed to find another thread started back in November, where other players have reported this issue, and resolved it by adding the game to their STEAM library and launching it from there. I can report that I have tried this and also found that it works. While this is great in terms of my ability to continue to advance the story, it does not look good to rely on a third party application.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics