Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tank1253
    Original poster 2 posts

So a few things ill point out that you missed followed by things you got right.
    Valhalla Cons.
    You changed the birds ability to lock in and marker, huge deal guys.
    You took away the ability to slaughter people and fight Mercs, another gigantic step backwards.
    It seems like you messed up the climbing? As in you get stuck on stupid wayyyy more in valhalla.
    You took away the map description (when you hover over something and it tells you what it is) this is Super annoying because many of the icons don't actually make sense.
    The limited variety of weapons makes the game a bit meh.
    Those are my complaints, please FIX!
    Valhalla pros added that are not in oddysy.
    The ability to reapply skill points are spot on, great job.

I hope this helps your ability to bring the game to greatness but honestly I think many of us are wondering how you made a smaller game than Oddysy and yet you made it worse....
    You can redeem yourselves if you fix the things listed above along with the bugs.
    Thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• sulejmanus
    22 posts

@tank1253 Hey bro, i will give you real map of cons and pros comparing Valhalla to previous games.
    Pros:
    +Way more activities, enviroment feels more alive
    +Variety of quests types, unlike in origins , where 80% of side quests are go-kill-collect-come back
    +I guess that's matter of taste but i feel that this story is better than in previous games
    +Way, way more possible movements in combat, more weapon types, way more abilities in ability tree
    +Amazing graphic, it's improved
    +Ohh poor soul, game took away from you ability to slaughter unarmed people, seriously that's funny that you state that as a cons, along with some other trolls, i don't care what you will say for that , git gut noob
    Cons:
    -Some sounds are mixed in poor way, some fx are of bad quality which makes some weapons unplayable
    -Climbing over vertical flat stone wall looks strange....
    -Some strange bugs, like have drunk effect after reloading game, but odyssey and origins had way more bugs.

[REMOVED]

Happy new year

I didn't mean to insult you btw, just title of your topic is an insult to hard work of many people who made this game, and this game is a piece of art
    Wish you good health and luck on this year fellow drengr

• sulejmanus
    22 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • sulejmanus
    22 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TORFINR
    351 posts

@sulejmanus it can be hard work and still... lower quality than Odyssey. Sadly, this is the case, for many of us here.

• sulejmanus
    22 posts

@torfinr
    I respect your opinion

• Janer64
    19 posts

I only discovered Odyssey in September and when I finished it I went straight to Valhalla..
    I find while I had fun with Odyssey it was simply to big and bloated and to easy, very arcadey while Vahalla is far more dark and realistic as well as a better challenge.

• Tank1253
    Original poster 2 posts

I'm not sure why anyone is bringing up Origins as it was not in the original comments at all but whatever lol....
    No one is saying Valhalla is a bad game, it's just not as good imo as Odyssey with the things they took away.

Graphics are similar (Tie)
    Fighting style and finishing I'll give to Valhalla.
    Weapons and variety goes to Odyssey.
    Skills tree and placement goes to Valhalla.
    climbing and maneuvers goes to Odyssey.
    Bird utility goes to Odyssey.
    Bird variety goes to Valhalla.
    Mount variety goes to Valhalla.
    Map utility and functions go to Odyssey.
    Ship utility and variety goes to Odyssey.
    Mercenary and action/reaction freedoms goes to Odyssey.
    Someone mentioned Oddysey as being large and bloated I suppose that can be a personal pro or con, I personally liked the size of it so I guess that could be a tie?

There is no perfect game obviously but as I stated before to create a game that is smaller than Oddysy and overall take away more than what is given is where most people are finding their issues with Valhalla.
    Why not keep everything good about Odyssey and kick anything bad and then build off of that?
    In some cases they took steps backwards which in turn takes away from the game itself.

Anyways the whole point of my post was to bring to light things missing or cheaped out on and not to [censored] on the game as a whole because Valhalla is still a good game but I personally think it could have been quite a bit better given what they already had to use as a template.

Cheers.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • JCar4327
    612 posts

@tank1253 Well, it is a matter of opinion. Odyssey was a good game, and Valhalla is a good game. Fortunately, Ubisoft doesn't make the same game over and over again because what would be the point in making a new game if it was exactly like the last game. That was what almost killed the franchise. I for one am very happy with the changes they made between Odyssey and Valhalla. And I largely disagree with many of your assertions about what made Odyssey a better game.

• JCar4327
    612 posts

@karloz1995 And you sir, are an extremely offensive individual. You come on the forums and call people names because they don't agree with your OPINION that Valhalla is a bad game. Then you throw additional insults about people being leftists, or sheep, or kids who's parents still buy them everything. You claim to be a grown man. Act like it.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • JCar4327
    612 posts

@karloz1995 First of all, I am 48 years old and my parents haven't bought me anything in years. Secondly, you are entitled to your opinion of the game, but you are not entitled to call people names because they disagree with you. This guy made an innocent off hand remark about people in general. You attack people personally. So, as I said, act like a grown man if you are one. But with this one simple response you have proven you don't know how to.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • JCar4327
    612 posts

@karloz1995 Oh I will. Giving criticism of the game is fine, you are more than entitled to that. But I really haven't seen you make any game improving recommendations, just constant name calling and insults. So, every time I see you insulting someone or calling people names you can be assured I will flag your post. You have a good day and hope life treats you better than you treat other people.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@janer64

and in what way is valhalla more difficult then odyssey???

• rankinsect
    52 posts

Eh, I think it's close, but I somewhat prefer Valhalla. My own pro and con list:

Pro:

• I really like the mysteries - there are a lot of "bite-size" quests that have a lot of variety to them, not just "go there, kill, return", and they don't require traveling long distances nor do you have to track them like quests.
    • The animus anomalies, even if they feel like they belong in a Mario game, are a neat activity, and they gave a way to have some Layla time without interrupting the flow of the game by yanking us to the real world all the time.
    • On that note, the reduction in being forced to leave the animus was well appreciated.
    • Jotunheim in particular is fricking amazing, better than any other area in Odyssey or Valhalla (although the "good" Odyssey DLC also had some amazing levels). Props to everyone who worked on that area, it was pure fun, particularly climbing the magical tower that keeps changing.
    • Raiding is quite a lot more fun than wiping out fortresses all by your lonesome.
    • The skill tree, and the ability to respec at any time, is great.
    • I liked the story a lot more.

Con:

• Zealots are a lot less fun than mercenaries, and the fact you can't deal stealth damage and can't hit them with bows except for one opening shot is annoying. They were made hard by having incredible HP and immunity to all staggering, which aren't things that make for a fun "boss" fight.
    • God I hate running after tattoo designs. I don't know who decided to bring back sea shanties from Black Flag but it was not a good move.
    • Offering altars were not a fun activity. I don't play AC to hunt and fish, and fishing in particular is painfully boring.
    • Because I didn't hunt and fish, I really didn't generate any runes from those activities.

Neutral:

• Bird changes. I wish the bird would be more useful, but I also like the fact I'm not spending a ton of time flying around in preparation to attack a fortress or camp. Valhalla seems more fast-paced and reducing the dependence on the bird helps keep the game moving faster.
    • Weapon variety - although I admit, I tend to find one weapon I like and stick to it for most of the game, I don't much explore the full breadth of options, so I'm not the right person to judge a game on this grounds.
    • Runes - I sort of forgot about them for most of the game, and would only occasionally take the time to re-evaluate all of my gear runes. I like the flexibility but I didn't want to take the time to tweak all my gear all the time. I think a better UI (sort and filtering options, or even an "auto-apply" where you pick a stat that you want to focus on and it puts as many runes that boost that stat) could help.
    • Other new activities - Cursed symbols are fine, but nothing special; I don't feel strongly either way about them or care if they are included / excluded in future games. Cairns I mostly really liked, but some of the really hard ones had the potential to become the most frustrating part of the game, too, so I'm putting this as an overall neutral.
  • sulejmanus
    22 posts

@karloz1995
    I am 24, i finished studying hydronynamics phisics, well i guess i am still a kid..., how does simp goes anywhere with my opinion? Also parents didn't bought me this game , i worked for it, usually people who tell other people that they are kids are kids themself so i think you are max 10 years old Xd

• sulejmanus
    22 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics