JCar4327 612 posts
@karloz1995 First of all, I am 48 years old and my parents haven't bought me anything in years. Secondly, you are entitled to your opinion of the game, but you are not entitled to call people names because they disagree with you. This guy made an innocent off hand remark about people in general. You attack people personally. So, as I said, act like a grown man if you are one. But with this one simple response you have proven you don't know how to.
JCar4327 612 posts
@karloz1995 Oh I will. Giving criticism of the game is fine, you are more than entitled to that. But I really haven't seen you make any game improving recommendations, just constant name calling and insults. So, every time I see you insulting someone or calling people names you can be assured I will flag your post. You have a good day and hope life treats you better than you treat other people.
rankinsect 52 posts
Eh, I think it's close, but I somewhat prefer Valhalla. My own pro and con list:
- I really like the mysteries - there are a lot of "bite-size" quests that have a lot of variety to them, not just "go there, kill, return", and they don't require traveling long distances nor do you have to track them like quests.
- The animus anomalies, even if they feel like they belong in a Mario game, are a neat activity, and they gave a way to have some Layla time without interrupting the flow of the game by yanking us to the real world all the time.
- On that note, the reduction in being forced to leave the animus was well appreciated.
- Jotunheim in particular is fricking amazing, better than any other area in Odyssey or Valhalla (although the "good" Odyssey DLC also had some amazing levels). Props to everyone who worked on that area, it was pure fun, particularly climbing the magical tower that keeps changing.
- Raiding is quite a lot more fun than wiping out fortresses all by your lonesome.
- The skill tree, and the ability to respec at any time, is great.
- I liked the story a lot more.
- Zealots are a lot less fun than mercenaries, and the fact you can't deal stealth damage and can't hit them with bows except for one opening shot is annoying. They were made hard by having incredible HP and immunity to all staggering, which aren't things that make for a fun "boss" fight.
- God I hate running after tattoo designs. I don't know who decided to bring back sea shanties from Black Flag but it was not a good move.
- Offering altars were not a fun activity. I don't play AC to hunt and fish, and fishing in particular is painfully boring.
- Because I didn't hunt and fish, I really didn't generate any runes from those activities.
- Bird changes. I wish the bird would be more useful, but I also like the fact I'm not spending a ton of time flying around in preparation to attack a fortress or camp. Valhalla seems more fast-paced and reducing the dependence on the bird helps keep the game moving faster.
- Weapon variety - although I admit, I tend to find one weapon I like and stick to it for most of the game, I don't much explore the full breadth of options, so I'm not the right person to judge a game on this grounds.
- Runes - I sort of forgot about them for most of the game, and would only occasionally take the time to re-evaluate all of my gear runes. I like the flexibility but I didn't want to take the time to tweak all my gear all the time. I think a better UI (sort and filtering options, or even an "auto-apply" where you pick a stat that you want to focus on and it puts as many runes that boost that stat) could help.
- Other new activities - Cursed symbols are fine, but nothing special; I don't feel strongly either way about them or care if they are included / excluded in future games. Cairns I mostly really liked, but some of the really hard ones had the potential to become the most frustrating part of the game, too, so I'm putting this as an overall neutral.
I am 24, i finished studying hydronynamics phisics, well i guess i am still a kid..., how does simp goes anywhere with my opinion? Also parents didn't bought me this game , i worked for it, usually people who tell other people that they are kids are kids themself so i think you are max 10 years old Xd
Plan3tCrackr 46 posts
@sulejmanus "You know there is some special name in psychology for what you are doing along with some other people..."
Your initial statement above was the start of any insult in this thread and is far more demeaning than any later derogatory insult posted. Maybe it's due to language barrier, but it is most definitely the most insulting.
True that, some things i wrote were not needed and maybe insulting, sorry for that. But i played alot of rpg games, and when i judge quality of game i know what i am saying, also i can recognise people character, and i can tell you that Karloz came here only to troll, while i came here to share my opinion, but like you said, my bad words weren't needed. Howewher there is such thing like i said mate, people don't accept new stuff because of some psychological mechanism ordering them to stick with old ones. Google it if you think i lie,
AndrewAtwill 11 posts
Perhaps the team at Ubisoft is looking at what users suggest and they will update in the patches that come with the druids and Paris patches? That is not unrealistic.
I liked the option in Odyssey of storing 5x User-configured battle sets. That was disappointing that it retrograded to only one set at a time.
I liked that you could put any gear into a chest rather than carrying everything around with you in Odyssey.
I liked the +NEW game concept idea of where you could start a new game without losing all of the gear and progress you had gained through slogging it out rather than having to start fresh.
I will always prefer the user-option of naming your own save-game to suit your own playstyle and memory.
I get that they copied some of Witcher 3 in Odyssey, so unless it is a copyright issue, the above is one part of the Witcher 3 popularity and for good reason - Convenience.
BUT -we do not always get what we want. However, I do hope they read the feedback but I won't hold my breath.
P.S. - I agree that while none of us are 'everyone's people', there will be disagreements and crapping on someone just because they do not agree is unnecessary and achieves absolutely nothing good.
Well , i remember when i was playing odyssey i posted a thread with suggestion to add shields for player to use, because shields are absolutely iconic piece of equipement for Spartan phalanx warrior, they didn't fix it, i also posted a thread to make sounds of spear impact better, they didn't fix it, spear impact sound is terrible both here and in odyssey, like scrabbing a desk with your nails... But some other weapons are awesome, i use 1 handed maces with shield and 1 handed maces on chain, idk how they are called in english, so i would advice to just ignore things in game you don't like, and just enjoy good stuff, even if you think the game is terrible there should be atleast one thing you will like. But if about player complains about stuff to fix i honestly don't think they gonna fix it, because they didn't do it for Odyssey
yeah i remember loads and loads of threads for odyssey and noi devs ever reacted nor did they do anything we susgested.
at one point one devs reacted to the request for armor comboniation that npcs had and lots of ppl myself included posted screenshot, but never made it into th egame.
basically ubisoft is a company that doesnt listen to its playerbase
They try to listen to playerbase before release of game, but they don't after release
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Woofer 785 posts
Thank you for sharing your feedback with regard to Valhalla; it is much welcomed and appreciated. I will leave this to the Community Team to engage with properly, however I'm here to address the trolling / flaming which has been a consistent feature throughout this thread, leading to multiple reports.
This is not acceptable under our forum rules and I have removed all offensive content, including posts that offered no value aside to contribute to the back-and-forth. Please do not pick this particular discussion back up again, and continue to discuss your opinions on the game's content in a civil, polite manner. There is no need for things to get out of hand.
@sulejmanus I have not banned you for your particular comments however please consider this post a very clear warning against taking the insults you use towards other players here on the forums any further. While your intention may be to discuss the impact of nostalgia / formulaic loyalty, the way this was conveyed was not appropriate, so I have removed this. These sorts of comments are not welcome and I will not hesitate to take action if I see anything further from you in breach of our rules. Thank you.