it is very difficult for me to contain all the negative feelings that I experienced passing through this disgarce.I completed all AC games except for the Syndicate (it's just damn boring).as for Valhalla I can't remember a game that was physically painful to play. After seeing all that good reviews and ratings comparing to other games in franchise I'm in serious confusion what the hell is going on?
the only thing that hooked me was the relationship between Eivor and Sigurd throughout the game, everything else is a disgarce for AAA game
- animations, design. most animations look awkwardly, Ivar running like he crapped himself, creepy smiles of everyone in the game (goddamn dont smile please), scary faces of all generic NPCs especially children
- combat system. it is straight from Origins and Odyssey, but it feels even worse, instant rolls during the attacks, constant problems with hitboxes, animations of the same type (I had cases when the same kill animation occurred 4-5 times in a row). thanks for the dismemberment, but is it needed when everything around has zero weight and feels like a mannequin? all fights are dodge and enhanced basic attacks abuse.
- the stealth system is completely screwed up. in the old games, hiding in the crowd was smoother implemented, it felt well with slower gameplay, now the stealth mechanics do not work! where the game tries to lead you with the storyline NPC through guards and the NPC passed successfully while you are forced to move by fences and through gardens (yes, even with drunk guys around).
- truly absurd main story dialogues. I believe everyone who played this game noticed this great feature.
- the same type of plot almost everywhere. we conquer England and in every region we solve characters troubles / capture castles, churches and not a single case where everything is fine and your help is not needed (diversity, yea).
- implementation of hunting and fishing cosplaying RDR (?). its horribly boring.
- murder mechanics of key characters are outdated for a long time. in the game about assassins, they cannot develop a variety of murders which depend on environment, inventory etc. you have only 2 options: straight kill or stealth kill. cool.
- your drakkar and crew are useless except for raids. Why were they introduced at all? where is the skill of calling for help on the battlefield, even with a long cooldown? (the wolf doesn't count of course)
- city life simulation has remained the same, you can watch the fight between two drunks forever.
- parkour. parkour is a pain - constant moves to a wrong place, the expectation from the action and reality often do not coincide, I got tired of catching bugs and movements that should not occur. special attention to door/house opening mechanics, its the same and its everywhere.
- [censored] identical events on the map to fill the emptiness of the game
- bugs. fenrir,seriously, F**K FENRIR and its underground animation bug occurs in both cases through the story. there are also bugs where quest NPCs deny to walk towards the checkpoint and sometimes even save/game reload cant help.
- and of course my favorite - donations in single player fully priced game. much appreciated.
the result is the game that has ZERO well implemented core gameplay elements.
I am ok with Origins (the first game with a new gameplay approach) and Odyssey (better overall games aspects than Valhalla)
>10 years have passed since the release of the first game and all the progress we have is a garbage in a beautiful wrapper, which for some unknown reason is highly appreciated