Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

I dont understand why when your at the blacksmith all items are listed into different catogories which makes it easy to broawse, yet in your own inventory everything is placed without any order.
    Also why is the inventory so small when there is plenty of space on the screen??

https://ibb.co/WPQfc44

The inventory could easily be as big as the red square in aboves screenshot. Or make the icons smaller cos you dont see stats on them anyway, only when your mouse is on the icon.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• PiMaC
    29 posts

@asgardian02 totally agree, in should just be like the last 2 others AC, by weapon types and thats it. That would already help a lot!

• Quor321
    222 posts

Invatory definitely could use some help. Runes need a better system for sure. A couple few build save slots too

• AndrewAtwill
    6 posts

It's interesting that some items are stackable and others are not.
    Perhaps the chest that was in Odyssey may fix a lot of this where instead of only gear you can store consumables etc etc?

Then again, if the issue is mainly cosmetic, perhaps making all items that can have more than one stackable with a drop-down may fix the scrolling navigation.

• ImaginaryRuins
    355 posts

@asgardian02 This I 100% agree, and there is currently no "auto-sort" function. Final Fantasy XIII trilogy has this function and it was awesome sorting out all those items in an organised manner.

• Asgardian02

@quor321

in odyssey after much outcry from everyone they finally made a system where you could save multiple build and their gear sets, and then in valhalla they throw that out of the window, why?

• AndrewAtwill
    6 posts

@asgardian02 Yes I agree, it was functional. It's like the +NEW game so you did not have to start from scratch.
    Maybe both will come in on the DLC's? Who knows?

• Asgardian02

@andrewatwill

if the feature need to be part of a dlc every single ac game then imo thats a broklen way to deliver free content and dlc.

free content should actually enhance the game and stuff to do in the game, no just bring stuff out that has been proven to be fun in previous titles and just delay part of that stuff to call it an in game service.

• Quor321
    222 posts

@asgardian02 Not sure why they continue with this style of RPG then cut out the quality of life features they had in previous games. Unfortunately you may be right, they do plan on bringing it back at some point as " new ", when it should already be in game. Less focus on actual new content, just slide in old features like they are doing us a favor.

This reminds me of an old job I had. Always left something small for the inspectors to find on the job site, easy fix on the spot, the inspector feels like they did there job and the work gets approved. Ubi knows people are going to complain on the forums no matter what, might as well leave out some small features you know people will notice. Eventually fix it and it pulls some attention away from other issues.

• Asgardian02

@quor321

this.

instead they could have just put all quality of life features from previous games already into this one and instead focused on other things.

Burned my hand twice now on a ubisoft game wont do a third time though

• LeoRaptor1979
    96 posts

@asgardian02 Because it is a different team doing it. They were working on this game at the same time as the Odyssey team.

• Quor321
    222 posts

@leoraptor1979 I'm sure the Valhalla team got the memo on what the Odyssey team was adding.

• Asgardian02

@quor321

would be weird if there be no conversation or meetings on how to improve on an old title onto the next..

• AndrewAtwill
    6 posts

@quor321 @Asgardian02

You'd certainly think they did. It has been occurring randomly and definitely looks sometimes like the left hand is not talking to the right hand. I remember the number of requests in Syndicate to have a key and button attached to enable the hood to be on or off were all completely ignored. It's like someone thought in real life nobody would permanently walk around with it on unlike prior games and in the next game, changed their mind back again. The amount of positive feedback for Odyssey is also appearing to be ignored in Valhalla for convenience. Things like multiple outfiits being stored, a chest so you aren't carrying everything around, better inventory navigation and more. It's like one step forward, two steps back.
    So after that long-winded reply, no, I do not think they got the memo.

• Quor321
    222 posts

@andrewatwill Lol, possibly. I don't find it game breaking but I have hope it will get some attention.

• Asgardian02

@andrewatwill

exactly what i was thinking.
    By all means valhalla isnt bad perse, its just missing so much and this it feels like its a few steps back from odyssey instead of keeping all the good step and make a massive step forward

• Kormac67
    497 posts

@leoraptor1979 Odyssey has been out a long time, enough to at least keep unnecessary changes at minimum.
    Why can you meditate with longpress-M in Odyssey, but need longpress-K in Valhalla?
    Fasttravel is right-click in Odyssey and left-click in Valhalla (except to Norway/Vinland which are also right-click).
    And why are the "runes" not called "gems" since that's what they are? Why not keep Odysseys engraving concept and make silly non-stacking gems that are a nightmare to select?
    Why do we need an inventory change highlight when we caught a small bullhead and now carry 22 instead of 21?
    It's simply unpolished, as you can see from all the bugs.

The gear inventory is not so much of a problem, since there is not that much gear. And the loadouts are not a great miss either, since - face it - there are no builds in this game, just slap on whatever looks cool, effects on gameplay are not noticeable.
    But they kept the bloated quest items concept from Odyssey where you carry around things long after they were supposed to be used/given away. At least the keys go away (not all of them though).

• PiMaC
    29 posts

@kormac67 I have so many quest items it doesn't even make sense. Like I still have the three daggers of the Daughters of Lerion even tho I've looted the place. Why?

It's definitely lazy to put a feature that was already there in the last games and saying its "new". EA was doing the same thing in Battlefield for BF1 and BFV. They reintroduced the ribbons system in BF1 saying its a brand new feature....dude, its been in the last 2 or 3 BF...there's nothing NEW there...anyways.

I dont know if I just rush to finish the game and be done with it or if I still have the patience to deal with those kind of issues. Might just put the game away, with CB2077, and just wait for patches. It's sad seriously...

• Kormac67
    497 posts

@pimac The quest item garbage heap is one of the bad things they directly copied from Odyssey.
    Another is the "you fasttravel to a contract, and the contract fasttravels away from you".

• PiMaC
    29 posts

@kormac67 I took a contract for opals yesterday and in the quests log its supposed to be in Cent but the waypoint is in Euvicscire way under the map. Cannot finish it.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics