Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Ubisoft Has To Make Some Major Changes For The Future Of Assassin's Creed Valhalla (AC Valhalla DLC)

12 Likes/35 Replies/474 Views
    sattium85
    Original poster 72 posts

I saw this video ... and I totally agree with every word.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• KeepItValhalla
    7 posts

@sattium85 I was about to make a thread about this. 100% spot on.

Ubisoft delayed all their games after the [censored] disaster that was Breakpoint.... but apparently it was for no goddamn reason. The store in Valhalla is worse than in any other AC game and it's only getting worse. At least with Odyssey, there was so much variety with armor sets and weapons you didn't really need the store. But as JorRaptor pointed out, very soon the amount of gear in store will outweigh what's obtainable via gameplay.

Not to mention the rate they're being released and the price. $20 for a goddamn armor set... in a singleplayer game? TF is going on here, Ubisoft? And dont even get me started on the Activison-like tactic of adding hated features a month after release (xp/silver boosters).

I gave this game a lot of praise at launch despite the bugs, but that's quickly faded due to the greed of this company.

• rankinsect
    52 posts

Yeah, I fully agree with that. Every AC game is becoming a larger and larger and larger cash grab, as if selling 1.7 million copies at $60-100 each at launch is somehow not enough.

I don't mind "freemium" games that heavily push microtransactions, I mean that's the business model, but it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth when you both charge AAA game base prices and then push microtransactions heavily on top of that. And the costs are just absurd. Syndicate item packs - which WERE included in the deluxe / season pass version of the game, by the way - were $5 for a pack, which is reasonable, but $20?

• Karloz1995
    268 posts
    Banned

@sattium85 me too, is what im telling here, but somehow u still find people defending this role model of business, i wouldnt mine about it if the game was given for free, then i wouldnt care about this "Freemium" features, but no, the game was not for free, we payed, i dont mind if they put like 3 or 5 armours in the helix, but the way it is right now is just ridiculous, they keep adding stuff in the helix shop, but still dont fix aany bug the game has....

• ImaginaryRuins
    361 posts

@sattium85 I also watched that video today. The fact that all those better items need to be bought outside of the game using real money, and are in higher no. than those in the game itself, really should be addressed.

As a general "rule", I never buy such add-ons and other items requiring micro-transaction, since I do not want to support this kind of business mode.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@imaginaryruins

exactly.

• amit1980
    8 posts

My main problam is that they update the store every day/week...but keep silent about bug fixes(hello 12 arrows max quiver..) and life improvement changes(no buy all button, really?)

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

Jorraptor himself is in fact part of the problem.

Not only does he makes content highlighting every single store item but also does he buy every single item.

With such behavior and the amout of followers he has, he stimulates other ppl to also purchase these items.

A better option would be if no one buys the in store crap that would send a better message, but as long as loads of ppl purchase these items as well as gets ultimated or higher edition then the standard ones you give ubisoft no excuse to stop.

• WildHunt
    62 posts

Jorraptor, the guy who said the Farcry 5 Mars DLC was better than the main game... lol

For the record, I do agree with him on this point but I generally have to double-check his intentions on stuff like this.

• WildHunt
    62 posts

@asgardian02 I agree. Not only does he promote the Helix Store items in every other video, but he also does Helix Store credit pack giveaways in his videos, which seems very much to be feeding this very problem he is complaining about. Since his sell-out review of the Farcry 5 Mars DLC, have lost a lot of respect for this guy.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@wildhunt

yeah i stopped watching him a long time ago.
    Every second video of his highlighting instore items and basically his entire channel feeds off of that and then he says that MTX are the problem..

• Kormac67
    497 posts

@asgardian02 JorRaptor is reporting all news about the game, and that includes the new helix sets too of course. He doesn't say "you totally have to buy that" or anything alike.
    He has made "best gear" videos without ranking Helix items (but mentioning them of course).
    He also reports all the exploits and now he has picked up a critical stance regarding the whole store concept. Which has raised my respect for him quite a bit.
    And he is also permanently stuck in a broken mission himself and can't even finish the game.

When an influencer like him raises his voice it may generate way more impact than all the squabbling here in the forum. So it is really helpful, and not "part of the problem".

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kormac67

your welcome to have your opinion 🙂

There are plenty of other youtubers who have also adress this problem ubisoft has without actively purchasing all the MTX's

• Max18400
    389 posts

@asgardian02 I literally cannot stand joraptor as a assassin's creed commentator.
    As you say he is literally part of the problem.
    He buys every single armor set, comments on how awesome it looks and how op it is (80% look like dog s***t over the top fantasy gear that looks like it comes from warhammer), effectively advertising the microtransactions to ALL his viewers, then complains the company is pushing microtransactions?!?!
    That's like me throwing a rock at someone, then blaming the rock....
    Not to mention (full transparency here, I really enjoy the game, just a few features such as one handed swords and historically accurite armor I desperately want), he ignores so many issues with the game. He seems to just be ubisoft's unofficial hypeman

• R0qi
    3 posts

game is just too easy, i got none helix stuff 400 power hardest difficulty.
    nothing is challenging as it is, need the game to be harder or more difficult content
    pretty much do 2 daily quests per day then log off. ~~

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@r0qi

yes i know, odyssey was far to easy on hardest setting as well as was oirigins.
    I respect that many playets like easy setting or medium, but why not give the other player an actuall challenge and i dont mean sponge enemies, cos thats boring and lazy af

• FGx1988
    98 posts

They definitely overdo it by far with the amount of items in the shop compared to those items you can collect within the play through.

But anyway most of the Items in the helix store are garbage in my opinion and the game is easy enough without those items. 

What me bothers the most is, that they don't give us some cool and viking or assassin looking armors. Only those dumb fantasy lava-knight armors with flames and glowing parts or too much shiny golden armors. I mean it is okay to sell some of those sets in helix store, nobody has to purchase it if the don't want it. But now we have more WoW fantasy looking stuff than viking or assassin looking armors. It takes the last bit of immersion away from the game for me.

Regardless of the stats of the items, do you really prefer those fantasy looking stuff over realistic and immersive armors and weapons?

• Quor321
    222 posts

@rankinsect I agree the store is getting out of hand and a better mix of this stuff in game would be great. But.... nothing in the store is required to have an enjoyable game experience.

• WildHunt
    62 posts

@kormac67 Do you not question his intentions? Does he really care about the in-game store, or is it because he feels he needs everything in the game and has to buy them when he thinks Ubisoft should be giving them to him to review? The amount of items he buys in the store and the amount of Helix Credits he gives away for clicks completely and utterly undermines his point. He has zero credibility here.

• WildHunt
    62 posts

@fgx1988 The look of the armours jumped the shark back in Odyssey but it is only very recently with Valhalla that I have questioned it! I have been playing Horizon Zero Dawn lately and it is surprisingly grounded with stuff like armour and weapon design, it has made me think differently to what Ubisoft is doing with the AC games. I think you are right, having lava armours isn't really appropriate and does take you out of the game. I get that the latest AC games have supernatural elements and I do like that but walking around with fantastic armours and steeds takes to a ridiculous level.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics