Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• thebasicwitch
    Original poster 4 posts

So I did everything I had to do for the Bartering quest, I paid the person and then killed them to get my money back. I then had a quest to report to Sigurd and the brothers. The marker didn't pop up, but I eventually found them, talked to them, and received some silver.

The quest is still saying I have to report to them. Is there anything I can do - especially without losing any progress I've made so far? I was kinda hoping it'd either fix itself or something, but it doesn't appear to be doing that.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• bmhubler
    2 posts

I have tried to complete the Bartering Quest several times, but after talking with the Ragnor Sons and Sigurd by the little pond after paying off Tonna and the quest never completes. When I select the quest from the start menu it does appear on the map. I have reloaded the mission several time and have the same result. I have watched several videos on completing the mission but for some reason I do not get the "Quest Completed" Black and White banner. My character is already at 167 Power and I have over 89 hours into the gameplay and do not want to restart everything.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@thebasicwitch Hi there, and apologies for the inconvenience caused by this bug. When you received the silver, did you see a notification saying that you had completed this quest?

Official Response
  • thebasicwitch
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubiexcellent No worries, I'm still having a blast! I don't remember seeing any notification other than the silver popping up. Sigurd and the brothers are still waiting at the camp area, but I can't talk to them anymore.

• UbiExcellent

@thebasicwitch That's very strange, but I'm glad to hear you've been thoroughly enjoying your playthrough of the game thus far! Would it be possible to request a YouTube video link showing that Sigurd and the others remain outside, but that you cannot interact with them?

Official Response
  • thebasicwitch
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubiexcellent Here you go, please let me know if you need anything else:

• UbiExcellent

@thebasicwitch This is perfect, thank you so much! I've reported this issue to the developers and will update you once I've heard back. If you are able to share your save file with us in the meantime via a support ticket, that would helpful to have on hand as well.

Official Response
  • thebasicwitch
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubiexcellent Thank you!!

• Dennis111
    15 posts

Dear Ubisoft,

I think I ran into a bug during gaming AC Valhalla on PS4. I was doing the mission called Bartering and somehow this mission is not finishing.
    Let me shortly describe what happened. I did the mission, went with Sigurd to Tonnastadir to meet up with Tonna. Once there a cutscene starts with Tonna, you can pay the cow for 520 or 260 when trying the other option, so I did the other option; Paid the 260, and after that another cutscene with Sigurd starts. Once done, you see Tonna walking away. Then I shot two arrows at Tonna which killed her, then I ran away. My questline says then; Meet up with Sigurd and the two brothers. I did not directly go to Sigurd and the brothers, I did a few Standing Stones meanwhile, and then I went over to Sigurd and the two brothers, Spoke to Ubba and another cutscene starts. All good you would think, it ends with the day changing to night and to day again and then I receive 40 pieces of silver, and you would expect the mission to finish. Sadly that does not happen, and Ubba, Ivar and Sigurd just standing there near Lyftmere's pond. Nothing happens and the questline still says: Meet up with Sigurd and the two brothers.

Weird thing is, I cannot save a new manual save.
    I tried shutting down the game and reload it. Reloaded several older save games, bug is still there, I can peak with Ubba, cutscene starts again and get my 40 slver pieces, no end of the mission.
    Went back to Norway, and back to England (saw that somewhere online on a similar issue), still nothing. 

I can't figure out what to do. With 76H of gaming so far, I don't like to start all over again. So hopefully you can help me out or somebody knows how to deal with it/fix it.

Perhaps good to mention; I also got a free pack from Amazon gaming while doing this mission. I don't think this is the reason but perhaps good to tell. 

Happy to hear from you. Thank you in advance. 

• Dennis111
    15 posts

@bmhubler Exactly same problem here. Also made a post about this matter yesterday. @Ubi-Woofer Can you please make sure this issue can be taken along in the latest (to come) update? Thanks!

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 807 posts

@thebasicwitch Hey there, could you possibly tell me if you were able to provide your save files in a support case (if playing on PC or PS4)? If so, could you provide me with the case reference number so that I can collect and submit those? Thank you!

@bmhubler Are you able to provide a video of the issue as it appears for you? Can you also please confirm the platform you are playing on? Many thanks!

@Dennis111 I have merged your thread with this one, as it seems you are discussing a similar topic. I also moved posts on a different issue thread to this one for consistency. Please check for an existing thread before creating your own in the future. Regarding the issue at hand, are you able to provide a video showing the issue you are experiencing similar to the above? Is it also possible for you to tell me which specific standing stones / world events you completed before returning to Sigurd and the brothers? Finally, you mentioned playing on PS4 - could you possibly submit your save files to us in a support case for further analysis? I can open a case for you if you need. Regarding the next update to the game, I am unable to guarantee that this issue will be fixed in it. I will update you as soon as I receive news regarding the investigation into the issue. Thank you!

Official Response
  • Dennis111
    15 posts

@ubi-woofer Thank you for this very quick reply, I truly appreciate it! I was not really aware of other topics about this specific one but will look better next time for sure.

I will try to make a video of what I am facing and support you with my save files (first time I will attempt to do such, so give me some time to do so..). Regards the Standing Stones, I think I almost did all of them for as far there are in England. I always play AC with starting the entire map, then do the story lines and quests, perhaps not the best way, But therefor I already found most of the Standing Stones but just did not solve them yet. I understand perhaps this does not make things easier for you..also I blame myself for not ending the mission before starting them, I'm sorry!

I will post a comment here once I managed to upload all the requested items for you. Thank you in advance.

Br,

Dennis.

• Dennis111
    15 posts

@ubi-woofer I have managed to get the save games and the videos of my PS4, however I zipped them but still over 250MB's which gives an error when uploadin to a support case. Can you help me out here? Again first time for me, so not sure what to do different. Thank you .

Dennis.

• Ubi-Woofer

@dennis111 Hey Dennis - thanks for your prompt reply. A video would be best uploaded unlisted to a site such as YouTube, as the link to this can be easily shared between all of the teams involved in the investigation. The save files should be small enough once zipped to then attach to the support case on their own. Can you give this a try for me?

Regarding your completion of the standing stones puzzles, you also said you went across the whole map. Did you spend time uncovering this yourself at the very start of the game, after reaching England? Do you at all recall the route you took between the various areas? Thanks again 🙂

Official Response
  • Dennis111
    15 posts

@ubi-woofer Thank you again. I think I'm almost there. The link to youtube is

However I might do something wrong on the case. I choose PS4 > AC Valhalla > Technical Issues > Report a bug > (Cant select an issue). Then I typ some text in the box and upload the saved files as a .zip file but I can't click submit my case anywhere in the screen? Sorry for asking all this, a little help is all I need right now.

Thank you, Br Dennis.

undefined

• Dennis111
    15 posts

@ubi-woofer In addition to the standing stones; I had like 10 of them discovered myself. While was doing them, not going to lie, I looked online for the ones missing. Did them aswell. Used nearby harbors and synchronization points to move towards the places where they are, took me over an hour or more to do all since not all where directly clear of solved by myself. And yes, once landed in England, and doing a few start quests, I started synchronizing all synchronization points/locations. This is what I always do as soon as this is possible in the game (for previous AC games).

• Dennis111
    15 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer

@Dennis111 Thank you for the video link, and for the additional context regarding the standing stone puzzles. They were some of my favourites so I can understand why you'd seek them out! As you were having trouble with opening a case, I've created one for you on your account (13839764) which you should be able to access by visiting the support website, opening the menu, and clicking on "My Cases". Once in there, so long as the file size is below the limit (10MB - your image states you're exceeding this, so may be worth compressing each save file into its own .zip if needed) you should be able to upload your save files in the .zip file. Can you try it for me?

Thanks again!

Official Response
  • Dennis111
    15 posts

Done and uploaded. Thank you

• Ubi-Woofer

@dennis111 Amazing, thanks 🙂 I've forwarded your save files for review now. I'll share an update here in the thread as soon as one becomes available.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics