Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• In need of more (historical and grounded) clothing options for the upcoming transmog and in general

2 Likes/7 Replies/89 Views
    Alec_Fortescue
    Original poster 15 posts

Soon there'll be more premium currency armor sets than they are obtainable in the game. On top of it everything just looks really over the top and we're really lacking some grounded and historically accurate aesthetics in the game. I really like the game and enjoy the series' format since Origins. I would humbly request for more clothing and armor options to be added at some stage for the upcoming transmog feature. It would be great if some simple appearances (honestly, they don't even need to have stats and bonuses like Thrall's Tunic) were purchasable from vendors around the world (regional clothes / armor?).

Personally I'd kill (in-game, of course) for some simple, period accurate tunics and simple hauberks. Want to save on resources? Just give me an Einherjar and Hunter set reskins without the blood, higher res textures and no layer overload below the waist (what's with the animal skins and bottom heavy models on nearly every armor?) I don't want to dwell on historical accuracies and gear practicality.

All I ask. Surely swords are on their way. Please. My Eivor is dying from exhaustion from having to carry all this extra and unnecessary fantasy weight. 😛

Any Osprey art from their book series would make for a great reference. I am very disappointed there is so much over the top stuff going in relation to player character clothing.

I'll joke and say that such items may end up standing out from all the plate-wearing and two-handed sword and flail wielding characters. Haha.

Thanks and I wish you success with the upcoming content.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@alec_fortescue they are currently working on another AC game for this YEAR! and they havent fixing this game.... they give us an unfinished badly made game... and they want to made another AC for this year, feel really bad seriously

• SII_Frederic
    24 posts

@alec_fortescue

Could add reshade options to change the colouring of the cloth, mail, plate, etc... on outfits.

Could also add a blood stain option Off/Low/Med/High for how much blood you want on the outfit.

just ideas and dreams. but would be nice none the less.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@sii_frederic

i agree but its pointless.

Looking at some enemies and their gear there are some cool options already in the game.
    Unsure why we cant use those combos. also dye color was a much requested thing in odyssey never made it.

• Alec_Fortescue
    Original poster 15 posts

I understand that it's a very long process of creating an armor set in a video game that takes months from concept to modelling and texturing. However I can't help but to try and bring this up after recent river set update and a very disappointing st. George's set (which doesn't even have Roman aesthetic and instead made to reminisce a... Crusader templar (!). There were so many other options which could be retextured over the thegn set.

Is there no chance for a retex with less armor attachment for a set like Hunter's or Einherjar? Thrall's set textured to appear as a clean and fancier tunic with a non-furry cape? I would love an accurate Norse tunic to make it in a game in a near future. At this stage I lost hope for a byrnie. Do you think that game would look that bland if there was more inspiration from artistic reconstruction rather than fantasy tv shows? 😞

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@alec_fortescue the default armour set that comes with our jormviking is similar to those, i dont know why they didnt give us that armour too, i kind of like it.... and is already in game

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@alec_fortescue

i highly doubt that i mean, they create a new armor set for the helix store every two weeks. so it shouldnt be too difficult.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics