Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Onebadlt1z
    Original poster 11 posts

So I picked this game up last week for ps5. I wouldn't consider myself a hard-core gamer. I usually play a game and get bored farily quickly, unless I come across something pretty darn good. One of those games being the the Witcher 3, that game was amazing.

Anyway, I have to say I'm absolutely hooked on this game. I have came across a few small bugs, but nothing serious and nothing a simple restart couldn't fix.

I have seen a lot of mixed reviews on this game so far which was surprising to me. I really can't compare this to any other assasins creed games because the only assasins creed game I have ever played besides this one is the first one and probably only 20 minutes worth of it.

I can say however I feel like this game is better than Skyrim, The Witcher 3 , and Fallout 4.

With that being said, I really hope they do not let this game slowly die off. I know there are already a couple of major expansions planned , but I hope it goes beyond that. I feel like the sky is the limit with this game.

I can honestly say I haven't had this much fun with a game in a long time and I just can't get enough of it.

Don't get me wrong , I'm not saying this game doesn't have its issues , there are definitely some things they could improve, but this is a very solid foundation, in my opinion keep this bad boy going for as long as possible.

Keep adding more expansions with new areas to explore, more armor sets , more weapons , more horses, maybe stuff you could customize your horses with like different saddles etc. More ways to customize your Longship, more hairstyles, more tattoos, more options to customize your settlement. Literally the sky is the limit with this.

I'm really just thinking out loud here, but I'd like to get some opinions of other players here.

If one thing is for sure though, I love this game and want more of it. I would really hate to see this game die off.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@guest-yqetwfys they are already working on a new AC game for this year, so no... they probably will fix some bugs and finish the expansions, i dont see them trying to make this game goes beyond 2021... sadly

• Onebadlt1z
    Original poster 11 posts

@karloz1995

If that's the case that is a major bummer. This game here has major potential. Too much potential to just throw a couple of expansions and then forget about it.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@guest-yqetwfys btw, the game storywise is the best from the new modern AC franchise, like origins story was good, but in odyssey got worst, also the map, the visuals in valhalla are very beautiful, is probably the AC that has the best map design, but sadly, compared to odyssey the previous one, the customization got removed, the variety of content, too, in odyssey u can craft arrows, wear one gear but with the stats of another gear (transmog) there were a lot of variety of armours, that makes u feel rewarded for exploring the game, and also killing order members, each members gives you a piece of a legendary armour depends of the branch they were, that kind of stuff make the killing of order members very rewarding, they removed that in valhalla.... also there was a mercenary thing in odyssey that if you kill civilians, soldiers will give a bounty for your head and a lot of mercenaries will try to kill you.... i liked that, they removed that in valhalla sadly, valhalla is not bad, it just feel a bit empty when u finish the main story, there is almost nothing else to do sadly....

• Onebadlt1z
    Original poster 11 posts

@karloz1995

It seems like it would take a long time to actually complete everything in the game other than just the main story.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@onebadlt1z All those side activities could easily take more than 100 hours to complete, but the main story in Valhalla is worth tens of hours of gameplay as well.

In all AC games I generally completed all side activities before moving onto the main storyline, for the overpowered level/gear and a more condensed experience in the story since there is nothing left to distract me.

And yes I got hooked onto Valhalla, but the game sadly is rather unpolished technically.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@imaginaryruins I 100% agree with what you said.

@Onebadlt1z I never played Skyrim, but, for me, The Witcher 3 is superior to Valhalla because of its better storytelling esp. in side quests (though Valhalla has improved in that respect compared to previous AC titles) and the general level of immersion. I also liked Fallout 4 very much, but it's difficult to compare.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics