Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• nevermore667
    Original poster 3 posts

Since the launch of the Yule event, every time I load a save Eivor is in the drunk status effect. Fast travel fixes it but, the main problem is when, Eivor dies during a fight or a fall, the auto reload Eivor is back in the drunk effect.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Onebadlt1z
    11 posts

@nevermore667

Alot of us are having this same exact issue. There are some "workarounds" they have provided us with, but no official fix yet. I'm hoping a update is in the very near future not just for this issue, but other issues as well.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@nevermore667 It's related to the Yule update. You can get around it by playing offline. In my game, Yule no longer exists, but it's not supposed to be over until January 7th.

The Yule event brought a lot of annoying bugs into the game, which begs the question as to why they would have gone ahead with it in the sate it was in since they more than likely knew about those issues prior to its release. Either they released it without going through any QA or they completely ignored QA's bug reports by flagging everything as known shippable.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

just to add: You can get out of it by fast travelling as well.

• Sam_Boo26
    165 posts

I didn't even play the Yule event because my father did and his playthrough is now really bugged because of that. It's really annoying.

• WildHunt
    128 posts

I only ever did the shoot the targets game in the winter event to get all the cosmetics and I don't load in drunk. I think that must be what causes the issue, if you do the fighting or drinking game your character effectively becomes an alcoholic.

• Nino____
    1 posts

Having the same problem too. Anyone unable to manually save the game though because I lost about 4 hours of playtime today because of it?

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 687 posts

Hello everyone! I am very sorry that many of you are seeing this drunken effect with Eivor. The Game team has been investigating this, and we have posted about to our Known Issues list, in addition to having a Megathread. Please keep an eye out for further updates and thank you all very much for your patience.

Official Response

Suggested Topics