Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• GodHasGiven
    Original poster 3 posts

I have played all major games and love this franchise and how it recreates history. I especially loved how Odyssey introduced choices and thus giving you more freedom.
    And although I am a man of faith I have never had any big issues with the freedom the narrative is taking in regards to faith. It is fiction after all. That was until I started playing Valhalla.

What is so good about these games is that you have the choice decide, you can be a brute or you can be stealthy, you can choose to avoid conflict, choose not to kill.

Now in Valhalla it appears that the only way to expand your settlement is by raiding monasteries. The player even encourage his/her crew to "burn everything" and some even worse things about killing Christians. And suddenly it appears my freedom is gone. I can not choose to be stealthy or non-violent here, I can't do it solo because I need help from my crew to open these chests.

And yes it is well known that Vikings raided, pillaged and burned monasteries because of their wealth, but they also had a choice not to.
    And what's worse here is that these actions are on the verge of being religious oppression, something that is very real to many millions living today.

If I ever wanted a choice in a game it would be in this matter, but I don't, because I can't progress into the story unless I choose persecution.

And if you think I'm exaggerating, just imagine if the setting was Vikings against Muslims. Would you raid and burn mosques and cry out "Kill them all"? I think not.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics