Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• dutton93
    Original poster 9 posts

Hi Everyone,

So I know a lot of people are experiencing issues with the "Is There Anybody Out There" trophy unlocking early in the game randomly. But for me it's the complete opposite, it won't unlock at all.

I've tried to brazier run about 10 times, the first couple of times I thought "maybe I've missed one.." So I decided to look on YouTube, which confirmed I hadn't. So I followed someone else's walkthrough to be 100% sure, yet still no trophy after lighting all 10.

Anyone else having this issue? I only need to get this and the 100% Completion (if I could get any fabric) to platinum. Very annoying at this point 😞

Thanks!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dutton93
    Original poster 9 posts

So on what would feel like my 100th attempt, it finally unlocked

Now just need the fabric issue to be resolved and the platinum is mine!

• Ryelis
    2 posts

Glad it unlocked!

I'm still having the same issue on PC. Hasn't unlocked and I've run it 10+ times now, also checking others' YT videos to make sure I'm not missing anything. Still no luck.

• dutton93
    Original poster 9 posts

@ryelis Not sure if it truly helped, but I exited the Animus and went back in to try and do a reset of sorts. I did unlock it after that, so maybe try that?

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 687 posts

Hey! I am happy to hear that the 'Is There Anybody Out There' trophy finally unlocked for you dutton93! However, I apologize for the inconvenience of having to make repeated attempts. I have reported this up to the Game team. Ryelis, if you are still not able to unlock the trophy, please try verifying your game files and then try again. However if it still does not unlock, please let me know!

Also, if anyone else sees this thread and is on PS4 or PS5, restore your licenses and then try your game again.

Official Response
  • guest-Dk9RbsGp
    1 posts

Has anybody experienced when the arrive at the wall apart from the 1st brazier all the other braziers are already lit?? How do I unlock this trophy now?

• justus.f
    2 posts

@ubikobold

I got the same problem. Trophy will not unlock.

i restored the license, like you suggest.
    i changed the gender.
    i leaved the animus.
    i fast travel.
    i had a meal at the Hraefnathrop.

and the trophy will still not unlock ... I tried it for 3 1/2 hours today and for 1 week in total and still no trophy...

• guest-sL8xu0iW
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • guest-sL8xu0iW
    6 posts
    Hey! I am happy to hear that the 'Is There Anybody Out There' trophy finally unlocked for you dutton93! However, I apologize for the inconvenience of having to make repeated attempts. I have reported this up to the Game team. Ryelis, if you are still not able to unlock the trophy, please try verifying your game files and then try again. However if it still does not unlock, please let me know!

Also, if anyone else sees this thread and is on PS4 or PS5, restore your licenses and then try your game again.

I have also tried more than 20 times and it will not unlock. For some reason after lighting the first 2-3 braziers when I get to #4 if I look back at 1-3 they have gone out and are not longer lit anymore. This happens regardless of whether I start at either end or in the middle. I have reloaded games, fast travelled, and restored licenses and this keeps happening. Any idea on how to keep the braziers from self-extinguishing??? Very frustrating!!!

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1048 posts

@guest-sl8xu0iw Hey! Sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. This issue is reported as resolved as of TU 1.1.0.

Therefore it may be a case that you need to start a new game and try the requirements once more, please in order for it to unlock.

Official Response
  • guest-sL8xu0iW
    6 posts

The issue clearly didn’t resolve with TU 1.1.0 otherwise I wouldn’t be having it...so I have to start a new game for this? I’ve already put 87 hrs into my current game. Will it erase this one??

• guest-sL8xu0iW
    6 posts

I really don’t want to pour 50+ more hours into this game only to not be able to get platinum because of a glitch. I’d like a better response than “it was reportedly fixed” and “start a new game”

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2427 posts

@guest-sl8xu0iw As Ubi-Viral previously advised, the issue with this particular achievement/trophy was fixed in TU 1.1.0. We haven't received any new reports from players of the achievement/trophy not unlocking since this, apart from a few players including yourself who experienced issues unlocking it prior the fix, however those other players appear to unlocked it eventually. I'm afraid if it is not unlocking for you in your current playthrough then you may need to try completing the requirements again in a new playthrough to unlock it.

Have you tried leaving the animus, returning to the animus then going back to the area again then try relighting the ten braziers as someone else mentioned that this helped them to unlock it.

Official Response
  • guest-sL8xu0iW
    6 posts

I did try exiting the animus, I restored licenses, I switched genders from male to female Eivor, it just still will not unlock. I’ve watched every video of people doing it online and copied it exactly so I know I’m not missing any of the braziers.

is there a way to start a new game without erasing or risking my current game?

• guest-sL8xu0iW
    6 posts

I’m an idiot. I swear I checked before that I didn’t already have the trophy but I just checked again this morning and it says I have it. Sorry about all the confusion and thanks for them the quick responses!

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2427 posts

@guest-sl8xu0iw I'm pleased to hear the trophy has unlocked for you 🙂

Official Response
  • O-E-Smith
    18 posts

@dutton93 I unlocked this. There's quite a few unlit braziers.

Start at the town/fort ruins where the Drenger is waiting to fight as part of a Mystery. Then travel east along the wall lighting all braziers you can find along the way (just throw torches instead of running right up to them). You must do this as quick as you can or else they'll go out!

Once you've lit them all climb on top of the tower at the end. There's a skeleton on a chair who was a sentry that kept watch on the wall. Light the brazier in front of him and read his letter.

The achievement should then pop.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4150 posts

Thanks for sharing this, @O-E-Smith! The unlit brazier on top of the tower can be easily missed - I know I nearly missed it! As you mention, there's also quite a few unlit braziers along the wall. I don't think it matters which direction you travel along Hadrian's Wall, so I would recommend starting from the tower with the skeleton to ensure you catch all unlit braziers on your journey across.

You can also use your raven to help you spot braziers that might not be directly along the wall, but on surrounding towers, too!

Official Response
  • IronChefoi812
    1 posts

I too cannot unlock this trophy. The braziers will not stay lit. I have followed all suggested work-arounds and attempted 20+ times. I have latest updates as of 4.16.21. When will this be fixed? Fyi Im on xbox one

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 687 posts

@ironchefoi812 Sorry for my late reply! Thank you for reaching out to us about not being able to unlock this trophy either. Could you provide a video from your gameplay that shows the braziers do not stay lit? For a video, just post it to YouTube as unlisted and then send me the link here.

Official Response

Suggested Topics