Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

Its such a poor design really that everythiing around you becomes green and you just cant see [censored]. I just got desychronised in the middle fo a fight for killing accidently some civilians, [censored] is with this game?? 😞

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TheeElf
    278 posts

@asgardian02 For me it's not so much me killing the civilians but the poison cloud perk where a dead enemy spawns another poison cloud and it just expands. The poison just grows or sticks around ahd the civilians do not flee. You can simply use Odin's sight to distinguish between civilian and enemy though.

• Asgardian02

@theeelf

so i basically died cos civilians got poisened?

its after then voting for hunwalds quest.

pretty lame all in all

• TheeElf
    278 posts

@asgardian02 If you aren't actually killing them with blades, arrows, etc. then it is likely they are dying from the poison cloud effect. In a sense it is realistic because how is a poison cloud going to know the difference. On the other hand, friendly-fire (if you can call it that) doesn't affect your raid team with the same poison cloud. I don't care for the poison killing civilians. I've got a run on my axes that generates a poison cloud after some heavy hits which has screwed me over more than once in a city because it spawns the cloud and then civilians start dying. I find myself using my axes only away from the city or unequipping the rune.

• Asgardian02

@theeelf

fire is even worse then poison, cos when your weapon is on fire it can also light up grain fields or hay stacks which in turn will set yourself on fire.
    Thats why i never used fire damage inodyssey as it was a huge problem back then and now it still isnt solved.

• TheeElf
    278 posts

@asgardian02 I don't mind setting myself on fire or fields as civilians seem to run away and I don't think they've ever died by fire. I honestly wish I had a counter to see how many civilians I've accidentally killed with poison though. 😂

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 687 posts

Hello! I am sorry that you both have been having some difficulties with the poison clouds in-game! As TheeElf mentioned, you should be able to use Odin's sight to distinguish between your enemies and civilians. However, I do understand the issue of the civilians not fleeing and it expanding. Do you think you could provide a video that shows this from your gameplay? I would like to send it to the Game team for review. If so, just post it to YouTube as unlisted and send me the link.

Official Response
  • Asgardian02

@ubikobold

i didnt make a video, and upon my next try for the part of the stopryline i just made sure not to use poison and thus robbing myself of some healing.

But you can do this in any village, town with enemies and civilians, especially once the poison skill is upgraded

• UbiKobold

@asgardian02
    Thanks for letting me know, and no worries about a video! I have reported this up to the Game team so they can look further into this issue with the poison clouds. If there is anything else you would like to add, please do not hesitate to let me know!

Official Response
  • Asgardian02

@ubikobold

well there are still lots and lots of bugs in the game.

a hotfix would be nice

• UbiKobold

@asgardian02
    I understand, and I'm sorry for any trouble these bugs have been causing in the meantime. The Game team is working hard to carefully investigate each of them. Just to make sure, are you seeing any issues in-game that are not listed on our Known Issues or Megathreads pages?

Official Response
  • Quor321
    232 posts

I like using poison. Just be nice if it was less cloud and more of a light mist, or stayed low to the ground.

• Gergid
    27 posts

@Asgardian02
    I'm thinking of stop using poison and fire at all.

This was my first build and it became very strong but now it is out of control. I'm using the Doppelhander Greatsword and the Blacksmith Hammer both slotted with the Poison and Fire Guard runes, upgraded abilities and specific skill points. Guaranteed trigger and since the fully upgraded fire and poison has a chain mechanic it means that literally I can't see anything during a battle.

I like cinematic combat but at the moment I only see green fog and smoke.

• Asgardian02

@gergid

would be better if they juist let green gue drip of your blade and shield instead of that gigantic cloud.

• TheeElf
    278 posts

@asgardian02 The only problem with that is there are perks for an enemy to spread it once they die. Works great when you have a group of 10 enemies. One dies from it then spawns more poison or fire it spreads the rest. You can kill an entire village, camp, etc. with one arrow because of the spread ability but I don't see how that perk could continue if it was just the blade/arrow tip poisoned with no cloud.

• Asgardian02

@theeelf

changing how the effect looks shouldnt change what the effect does if you catch my drift.
    With that cloud its harder to anticipate on what the enemy does as well as you can barely see stuff

I dont mind killing cilivians as i am a viking, but due to the lame parental game mechanics i am being pusished for it.
    We can rob and sack abbies and monestaries but cant kill monks or ppl, its so lame.

Suggested Topics