ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Crazybone992
    Original poster 65 posts

Is it true that there's no way to complete forts with 100% stealth in Valhalla? I tried that but in the center of the fort there is always a heavily guarded area without much hiding places I'm able to lure some of those guards away by whistling but very soon the ones I lured away and killed get replaced by new guards that seem to just spawn there in infinite numbers. Eventually I'm forced to call a raid to get rid of them.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Nerdlor
    22 posts

@crazybone992
    You won't necessarily be able to assassinate everyone, but an arrow to the head from a hidden position should open up new paths in many cases without breaking stealth.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@crazybone992 If you're careful it's possible. As mentioned, an occasional arrow to the head of someone standing guard is enough to open up avenues to continue to clear the place out stealthily.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@crazybone992 As others have already pointed out, it is not impossible, but I too have the feeling that sometimes new enemies appear out of thin air in places that I have already cleared. By the way, I would love dual assassinations coming to Valhalla as a new skill Eivor can learn.

• Crazybone992
    Original poster 65 posts

@hroozenbeek They do appear out of thin air. Happened to me 3 times when I tried to clear that heavily guarded area in the center of the fort. I just moved to a new position to get a better shot with the predator bow and during that time when I moved all the enemies I killed had been replaced by new ones. Ok so I killed them a second time and again new enemies spawn just a few moments later when I move to a new spot. I eventually got frustrated and just called a raid and let my crew kill them for me. Origins and Odyssey didn't have infinitely respawning guards in forts so I find this to be very strange. Did Ubisoft make it like this on purpose or is it a bug?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@crazybone992 I believe there is some discussion whether these enemies respawn 'out of thin air', or that they are patrols returning to the fortress. In some instances, I have actually seen patrols returning to their camp, but in most cases that can't be the (only) explanation. It is certainly different from Origins and Odyssey and I truly hope it's a bug and not a feature.

• Crazybone992
    Original poster 65 posts

@hroozenbeek Unfortunately it seems to be a feature. I found a bandit camp in Ledecestrescire. I guarantee you can't do it completely stealthy. I did kill everyone without being seen but as soon as I do that, the game spawns several patrols of 4 guards outside the camp and there won't be enough time to hide all the bodies. And these patrols won't go away. I tried for about 40 minutes and the game just keeps sending infinite guard patrols into the bandit camp. I'm a little disappointed that the devs made the ai spam you with infinite waves of enemies, possibly in an attempt to make the game more challenging. The ai didn't behave like this in the previous ones for sure.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@crazybone992 I fully agree with you.

In previous games I always took care to hide the bodies of the soldiers that I took out, but I didn't bother in Valhalla because it seemed not to matter that much.

• Crazybone992
    Original poster 65 posts

And generally speaking the stealth mechanics seem to be broken anyway. I've had multiple situations where I'm in a bandit camp, a guard patrol passes by on the other side of the camp, there are bushes between me and them and they're not even looking in my direction. Yet somehow they instantly see me and alert everyone nearby. Sometimes they have also seen me through walls. Like [censored] do these guards have eagle vision or what is this [censored]?

And then there's the opposite. I've met blind and deaf guards in some forts. I literally killed a guard right in front of another guard's eyes once. Somehow he didn't see me and walked away with his sword drawn.

Suggested Topics