Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2877 posts

Thank you with providing me with additional information about "Silver Wind Elder," @Roltel. The information about the lynx is particularly helpful, as I know some of the aggressive animals in-game can go a rogue and attack non-violent NPCs. I've passed your responses to the development team to see if this can help with the ongoing investigation.

If anyone else has been unable to proceed with "Silver Wind Elder" due to the pie thief being dead, please can you provide the following information:

• If possible, are you able to try loading a save prior to starting this mystery yet to see if you can proceed as normal?
    • Were there any enemies in Jorvik prior to starting this mystery?
    • Any other information you think will be useful to the investigation, such as actions taken prior to encountering the issue, or workarounds/actions you have tried since.

If we require any additional information, we will reach out within this thread. Once we have any new updates from the investigation to share, these will be posted within the thread and News & Announcements forum too.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Silver Wind Elder" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Silver Wind Elder" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • talion1
    1 posts

I am having the same problem. I have tried loading a save prior to the mystery and loading and going to another area. Every time I try this mystery the thief is dead. There are enemies in the nearby Trade Depot but no others I have noticed.

• Roltel
    Original poster 30 posts

@talion1 Sorry to hear you have the problem too. Annoying, isn’t it?

Surely it can’t be that hard for the coders to either a: make it so essential npcs can’t be killed, or b: if they do get killed, they at least respawn eventually (as any local enemies do). But I’m not a coder so i could be way off base. At least it’s nice to know they are at least looking into it.

• mattk8
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis I am having the same issue too. tried everything you suggested and hoping that the last two patches would have fixed this. i only need to do this mission for 100% completion

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I apologise for the delayed update. The development team are still investigating the issue wherein the pie thief is dead in "Silver Wind Elder" further. Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences. Once we have any new update to share from the investigation, these will be posted within this thread or in the News & Announcements forum.

If you have been unable to proceed with "Silver Wind Elder" due to the pie thief being dead, please can you provide the following information:

• If possible, are you able to try loading a save prior to starting this mystery yet to see if you can proceed as normal?
    • Were there any enemies in Jorvik prior to starting this mystery?
    • Any other information you think will be useful to the investigation, such as actions taken prior to encountering the issue, or workarounds/actions you have tried since.

@talion1 - Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us. I've passed this along to the development team to be investigated further.

@mattk8 - I'm sorry to hear you've been affected by this issue as well. I checked your account but I can't see evidence of Assassin's Creed: Valhalla being played on this account. Can you let me know the username of the account you play Assassin's Creed: Valhalla on? We can then pass this report to the development team.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • madawi2018
    2 posts

New problem Unable to complete "Silver Wind Elder" the side task the man doesn't follow the thief why !

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @madawi2018! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering trouble in "Silver Wind Elder." As this thread is about the pie thief being dead, would you be able to start a new thread about the issue you're encountering? We can then investigate that issue without going off-topic in this thread.

Please can you include a video in your new thread that shows the NPC doesn't follow the thief as expected, so we can take a closer look at this?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Silver Wind Elder" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Silver Wind Elder" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Roltel
    Original poster 30 posts

@ubi-borealis

Yes, it worked! And finally 100 per cent completion and the platinum trophy for Valhalla! I’m so pleased!

Thanks @ubi-borealis for keeping an eye on the problem and keeping us updated. And @ubikobald for also responding. And the tech team for finally unglitching the dead pie thief. Really appreciate all your work and efforts.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hello @roltel,

Thank you for the update! We're pleased to hear that the issue has been resolved for you and you managed to get a platinum trophy - now this is a completionist one! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics