Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/20 Replies/121 Views
    Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

This just boggles my mind, also there is nowhere a toggle to be find to set enemies to your own lvl.

I am lvl360 at this point and just now going to Vinland.
    Still need to do jotunheim, some 160 areas, some 220 and 250 areas and the 340 area.

Sure i am a completionist and cleared everything whenever i am in a certain area but the lveling goes super fast and if they know this, why didnt they make more high end areas?

just goes to show how poorly the game has been designed

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 I fully agree that you level up too fast when you're a completionist, like you (and me). Maybe it works out better if you (mostly) restrict yourself to the main story quests. The solution (for the developers) would be to award less experience for side quests and other activities outside the main storyline. (Didn't The Witcher 3 work that way?)

• Asgardian02

@hroozenbeek

still, there are multiple 130 and 160 areas and just 1 340area.

Odyssey had that toggle where all enemies are same lvl as u are, that was pretty great.

Yes, i like to do everything but nearing the end only to realise that in fact 70% of the content in this game are all the side activities and not the main story line, which is rather sad.

• Quor321
    232 posts

With level scaling now in place it is far less of an issue. I do think the scaling needs some tweaking to bring those lower level areas up a bit.

As far as having only one 340, I assume that is near the end of the story. Really only need one atm. The DLCs coming will probably have more high level zones if not be all high level.

As I have said many times, the game is only two months old, be patient.

• Slimgrin
    20 posts

Yep. There aren't enough high level regions.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

This reminds me of something: in some JRPG like Final Fantasy and Tales of series, there is usually one optional dungeon with the strongest enemies, which yields the most exp. and the best items. This is without doubt for the purpose of giving players some challenge at the end of the game.

As a matter of fact, Ubisoft could do so and make one of such dungeon in accordance to the lore of the Isu / First Civilisation given that they had such advanced technology beyond our understanding. This can not only strike awe into players, but also give more background info. about the Isu.

• Asgardian02

@quor321

not sure how u played dude.

i am play on hardest setting and am now over lvl400 and still have to do jotunheim, an lvl280 area in norway, a lvl340 area and an area of lvl250 and currently doing a lvl250 area.

So saying that only 1 lvl340 is needed cos by that time you reached the end of the game is just not true.

Lvling goes so super fast that you outlvl everything to fast as well, all the more reason why lvlsacling would have been nice as well as more high lvl areas.

also stop saying thegam eis only 2 months old, its not an mmo or a game that will get prolonged support, the ac games get support for max a year and then its done.
    Should been ready from the get go.

• Max18400
    405 posts

@asgardian02 in their defense, they have pledged a two year support plan for the game, promising new content and patches etc. So it is still early days for all the extra content they will likely add.
    But you are right in saying these issues should have been sorted upon launch. I've 100% all the maps as I've gone through the story, so at no point was I underleveled. The level scaling the have introduced has made a difference though, as at least in my version, enemies are a bit tougher.

• Asgardian02

@max18400

well by the amount of gearpacks and other MTX's they have introduced the support for this game is not showing.
    I mean they are able to pump out new MTX every two weeks, but cent at least fix their game with same speed as they are pumping out that stuff..

• Asgardian02

not sure what u mean by lvl scaling, the difference since last patch is a max of 51lvls below your hero...
    Where as in odyssey they were the same lvl as you always thus making the game somewhat of a challenge, still easy mind on hardest setting but far less then valhalla in its current state.

Due to how easy everything combat is stupid easy, 1 press and its already a kill, not quite fun if u ask me

• Max18400
    405 posts

@asgardian02 absolutely. I'm not saying that at the moment, things are ideal. They need to scrap the store really. But they might be holding back a patch to make sure stuff is actually fixed this time on every platform (and nothing is made worse). No point releasing a patch when they aren't sure it'll work.
    I am only speculating of course and I could be wrong

• Asgardian02

@max18400

meanwhile i bought the halfway in december and are close to finish. So for me those patches wont help much.
    Also if the season content is similar to odyssey its just 3times some minor playtime that will be added and then its done anyway.

• Max18400
    405 posts

@asgardian02 I brought it upon release. I've already finished and restarted the game haha the level scaling isn't anywhere near as effective as it was in odyssey, but it has made it better than before as there was no level scaling at all.
    No absolutely. I am concerned about the DLCs. But at least they'll be set in completely different areas.
    Also, the content stuff in Feb is adding new maps, new raids etc so they seem more substantial than odyssey

• Asgardian02

@max18400

cant find anything about what is supposed to com ein feb.

Odyssey had much more gear diversity and actually cool stats on the gear, also missing the transmog system and mastery system.
    I dont get why they would leave so much cool stuff from previous game out.

• Max18400
    405 posts

@asgardian02 completely argee with you.
    Whilst I like the loot system has been altered from odyssey, they've gone from one exteme to another.
    This is especially relevant when fully upgraded gear looks awful. But a transmog system has been confirmed to be releasing soon.
    This is some info on the Feb update, most of the article is about yule though.
    https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/3t3PJZAbrxBNHooSSQ7QWS/null#:~:text=In%20February%2C%20a%20second%20update,challenging%2C%20and%20replayable%20raid%20experience.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 Well, Ubisoft has provided the following 'sneak peek' as part of their Yule Season-announcement:

"Aside from the new skills and abilities that will be unlocked in February, 2021, a new game mode called the River Raid will keep you busy with not one, not two, but THREE new (and replayable!) maps that will be brimming with new Gear, Silver, Runes, Books of Knowledge, and much more. And you’ll want to build the new Jomsviking Hall in your expanded Settlement so that you can recruit more Jomsvikings to take with you to these River Raids."

• Asgardian02

@max18400

thnx.
    also your quiver is never visible unless ur in vinland, in odyssey you at least were able to change the looks of the quiver as well.

now i play melee, but if you were to play ranged in this game i bet you'd want to see your quiver, no?

• Max18400
    405 posts

@asgardian02 yeah, they need to make alot of amendments and fix a lot of bugs

• FGx1988
    101 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • FGx1988
    101 posts

@asgardian02 I would like to see an toggle able option in the menu, where you can choose between some options:

• One where you set scaling completely off
    • one that makes enemies scale to your own level
    • and one option to make the enemies scale 50 levels above you, because the only interesting fights for me, are those where I have to fight some guys with an red marker. In that case you are forced to sneak and make use of your abilitys. For all other options it is really not necessary to make use of your abilitys and you can easily klick the enemies to death, but there are people how don't like a little challenge and with all those options, there should be a way to play for everyone.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics