Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheCosmicBob
    Original poster 73 posts

It's one of the map regions left for me. Should I bother with it? Is there anything that contributes to game progression with it? I've heard it's buggy (well, buggier than the usual gameplay).

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@thecosmicbob Vinland is also part of the main story (in the territory pledging map), and from what I know if you want the Completionist achievement/trophy you need to finish it as well. That region however has much fewer side activities so it should not take a long of time to finish.

In my case the map was not that buggy - the only thing glitched was a key remaining in the inventory despite that it was used.

The inventory for Vinland is independent though - what you got in Vinland stays in Vinland and cannot be carried back to Norway/England. The same goes for the other way round.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@imaginaryruins

just remember that you cant keep stuff that u earn and that you wont be rewarded with anything from doing there.
    The grom fight is terribly easy, dont understand why they give him an entire landpiece and a total arc when there is no challenge there, but yeah none of the members of the order prooved to be a challenge.
    The legendary moose u kill wont show up in your longhouse either.

what you find on the body of grom woint be discussed with the hidden ones either.

its roughly 3 hours of gameplay

• Sam_Boo26
    167 posts

I personally really enjoyed Vinland. It's different then England or Norway. And as some others said, there's an Ancient there, so if you want to do everything, you need to do it.

• UbiT00n
    Community Manager 92 posts

@thecosmicbob It's environment is stunning! The narrative is interesting and the outfit made me feel like Pocahontas on a mission. Although biased, I really enjoyed my time here.

Official Response
  • thegardener25
    145 posts

@imaginaryruins About that, "what you get in Vinland stays in Vinland". Ok it's not much, but I've had that quiver bug a couple of times over the last week or so, so I've gone to Vinland, & done nothing! I checked my inventory & straight away I check my arrows in the inventory bag & I have full quiver capacity for all arrow types. So I go back to England, check my inventory again & I have a new firefly, not that that's a game changer lol, but thought I'd mention it.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@ubit00n

would have been nice if we could keep the gear and items from vinland and upgrade them to mythical back in england.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@thecosmicbob I play on Xbox One X and I can say I had NO Issues in Vinland and if you don't experience it then you're missing out on excellent story and interactions, plus the area is strikingly beautiful. Do it.

• shaiwan43
    54 posts

Vinland sucked. Have to do it naked without gear; can't even bring a dagger. I just went and killed my target and left ASAP.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@thecosmicbob If you're wanting to get 100% completion, yes, you should bother with Vinland.

• TheCosmicBob
    Original poster 73 posts

I did it. Finished it. I did not do a complete run of it.

It was amazingly easy. Very little was interesting or challenging. Gorim was like a regular enemy.

And I got nothing. Except for a couple of skill points. I wouldn't call it a total waste of time, but darn near it.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@thecosmicbob yeah, it's barely worth it, honestly.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@thecosmicbob

its really too bad, cos the indian costumes is the best looking gear set in th egame, and the area looks great too

Suggested Topics