Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Adrianjwleong
    Original poster 4 posts

Hi

Think there is a bug after rolf's fist fight quest. After the fight rolf floats up and down his stool and I cant speak to him. Pls fix or advice.

Cheers

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2877 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Raider Recruit" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Raider Recruit" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • nicksc
    2 posts

Raider Recruit World Quest on PC Valhalla. 1.0.2 patch with additional 10th Nov update.

It won't let me start the fight. Well. I forgot to follow him immediately but did so shortly after and caught up with him near the end of the road, he then walks / runs to the clearing on the docks whilst talking, then just stands there, finishes talking and won't let me chat with him to start the fist fights.
    Reloaded a few times and a slightly older game. I'd rather not start over again, or go from too far back.

• Nothv1
    1 posts

@nicksc Exact same thing happened to me

• darthbiggious
    5 posts

@adrianjwleong i get the same thing too

• Adrianjwleong
    Original poster 4 posts

@darthbiggious Think the bugs not consistent, I played other areas (proceeded with the main quest) and finally got back to the fist fight, defeated the 3 of them and Rolf was siting down this time and he spoke with me concluding the quest. My suggestion is save and try again at different points.

• Tim_Dib
    4 posts

I encountered Rolf in Stavanger, and followed him for his quest but when I reach the shipyard nothing happens? I see two people fist fighting, a crowd around them, and Rolf just standing there.

• W1LL-SN0W
    2 posts

I was able to do the fight but then rolf is stood on a stool half clipping through it with a chat bubble above his head but I can't chat with him, no triangle icon appears, I've tried changing gender, fast travelled away and back again and reloaded a save I'd made just before hand and it keeps happening.

Teleporting too far away (fornburg) resets the mission, will try a few more time and then give up and wait for a patch.

• W1LL-SN0W
    2 posts
    I was able to do the fight but then rolf is stood on a stool half clipping through it with a chat bubble above his head but I can't chat with him, no triangle icon appears, I've tried changing gender, fast travelled away and back again and reloaded a save I'd made just before hand and it keeps happening.

Teleporting too far away (fornburg) resets the mission, will try a few more time and then give up and wait for a patch.

Ha I found my solution these are my steps,

Manual save when you land at Stavanger.
    Goto Rolf and start quest.
    Follow rolf
    Fight all 3
    If he's bugged out after then fast travel to fornburg and back again, rolf will be back at his quest start position
    Start quest again
    Follow rolf
    Fight first 2
    As you finish the 2nd fight with little thor stand right in front of rolf who should be seated and spam triangle.

Worked for me

Remember this game is buggy as hell
    Save before start any quest and after, before you fast travel and after etc etc means less repeating [censored] lol.

• Chronowolfs
    1 posts

Hi I am on the mystery sidequest number 3 in the first town, World Event (Raider Recruit) I have talked to the old man and followed him to the docks to engage in fist fights, when i get to the docs i cannot speak to him to continue the mystery.

Any ideas? he is standing right there and youtube videos show you can speak to him but i do not have the dialog option.

I am on PC using Ubisoft connect.

thanks
    adam 

• Radi3nt
    16 posts

@tim_dib Same problem.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 346 posts

@tim_dib Sorry to hear that you are not able to progress this quest.

Can you provide us with a short video demonstrating this?

Official Response
  • a_creedfan
    1 posts

After completing the fight ring, Rolf stands on a stool and you cannot speak with him to complete the Mystery.

• epicurius
    1 posts

@w1ll-sn0w This is happening to me. No chat bubble at all. Can't even start the fights. I have fast traveled several time and it does not reset the mission. Any other suggestions?

• Wolfette465
    1 posts

Hi,

So I won Rolf the Raiders fist fight, but now the game is stuck.

I'm still in the fist fight circle, moving incredibly slowly and unable to interact with the world at all.

Any ideas?

• guest-yvTFVrSF
    13 posts

@wolfette465 Cool, I couldn’t even begin the fight since there’s no speaking prompt over Rolf, or whatever his name is. Something is really off with this game.

• Tim_Dib
    4 posts

@ubi-swaggins
    Thank you very much for replying. I went back to Stavanger to get a video, but it turns out Rolf had moved back to the start of the quest, and this time everything went perfectly. So either it fixed itself, or there has been a patch since I posted! Thank you very much anyway.

• forgotten_blue
    2 posts

I have the same problem. I can only walk around slowly and parry after I’ve won the fight. I just walked into a fire and restarted from an earlier save and will avoid that one for a while. I’ve had the same problem in the main quest once as well but then it got fixed by itself.

• MitteyTheWolf
    1 posts

Rolf the Raider has led me to his crew. where two men are fighting. I saw online I am supposed to be able to talk to him, and then fight the crew to choose the raider captain. but I can not interact with Rolf. and I can not proceed.

• darthbiggious
    5 posts

@adrianjwleong got it to work this morning, after a reboot and verifying the files, went off exploring and when I got back to the town the quest had reset itself and worked fine

• DeviateFish
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics