Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Munniz
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi, I have been having this issue for sometime now and it only happens indoors. Have tried changing settings to fix but unsure what is causing it as nothing I've tried has fixed it.
    CPU: I9 9900k
    GPU: RTX2070 Super
    RAM: 16gig 3200
    Nvidia driver and Windows all currently up to date as of 7th Jan 2021.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ThoughtTwenty
    70 posts

@munniz I've seen the same effect on my PS5 on occasion, sometimes worse than your posted example.

It's pretty annoying, but not game-breaking for me, so I just ignore it and carry on.

I don't think there's anything you can do about it to make it better.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@munniz Hello there! Thanks for reaching out, and with a video example! Sorry to see this is occurring. I'd like to know if these troubleshooting steps help improve the visual performance of the game. ThoughtTwenty, I'd also like to know if you've tried any troubleshooting for your platform as well? (Note that the steps listed are for PS4, but most steps can generally be performed on a PS5 as well!)

Official Response
  • Munniz
    Original poster 3 posts

@thoughttwenty I have also had it worse in certain interiors but didn't have the captures to share. Interesting these effects are happening on PS5 also. I am going through the trouble shooting steps posted below to see if they help at all (I don't think they will as I have tried most things to fix already).

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@munniz Understood! Thanks for getting back. Please do let me know if the issue persists after some troubleshooting, as I'm interested to see the ways this appears in-game, and would be happy to forward more information to the team for review regarding it.

Official Response
  • ThoughtTwenty
    70 posts

@ubiwan Thanks for the response about this. This situation doesn't happen often for me, if it did I'd certainly go through the troubleshooting steps. I have my PS5 in sleep mode when I'm not using it, so a full power cycle might help here. I'm also using a disc version of the game, I don't know whether that makes any difference or not (I occasionally hear the disc spinning up during gameplay, or it might be the cooling fan (I'm not sure)).

• Munniz
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubiwan I have tried the trouble shooting steps and it has not fixed the issue, it appears to be tied to sunlight as when I notice it in game I will meditate and once it switched to night the effect is gone. I will continue my playthrough and try to capture any extreme examples of this happening again and post them here for you.

Thanks again for your response to this post.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics