Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • TheZonk88
    57 posts
    Is the game also freezing for you when you enter/leave photo mode ?

i would say this is intended behavior 😉

i wouldnt want to see moving NPCs and such, while i try to get a nice shot

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your updates to this thread regarding visual and audio stutter when using hybrid input mode since my last reply, and please accept my sincere apologies that it has been a little while since my last response.

I am pleased to advise you all that the development team marked this issue as resolved as of TU 1.2.0.1. This issue should therefore no longer be occurring for any of you, and you should be able to seamlessly change between keyboard and mouse and a controller when hybrid input mode is enabled, without the audio stuttering or loss of audio.

If you still find that this issue occurs for you following the deployments of TU 1.2.0.1 and TU 1.2.1, please do let us know and answer the questions I previously listed in order to give us the best idea of how serious the issue is:

• PC specs in brief (CPU, GPU, RAM)
    • Keyboard / mouse models
    • Controller type
    • Description of your audio set-up (e.g. do you use a headset, surround sound system, stereo speakers etc.)
    • Description of the audio loss; is it complete, partial? Does it last for a few seconds only, or is the loss of audio permanent?

I can then reopen the investigation with the development team, and make sure that they look into this issue again if it's persistent! Thank you all for your time and patience, and have a great week.

@Yesin069 - Thank you for confirming previously in the thread that the issue was resolved for you. I hope that your experience of playing Valhalla has improved since!

Official Response
  • Nozgame
    49 posts

@thezonk88 No lol I understand photo mode pauses the game to take pics. But when I use my controller to open photo mode the game freezes and mutes itself completely for a few seconds, like I can't do anything. It doesn't happen when I use my keyboard tho, only when I open it with my controller. Even after closing photo mode the audio will be muted for a few seconds. That should not happen, it never did in previous games.

• TheZonk88
    57 posts

@nozgame ohhh - i am not able to test and confirm/deny this.

i am using a Xbox One Controller (the newer one) which doesn't have a "screenshot/social/share" Button (as far as i know!), also i cannot find a button assigned to photomode.

• TheZonk88
    57 posts

Due to beeing not allowed to edit after 5 minutes -

spoiler

This Pic Shows all functions i am able to remap

• Nozgame
    49 posts

@thezonk88 You need to press both right and left sticks at the same time to open photo mode. Make sure photo mode is enabled in the options, should be in "Gameplay", all the way at the top.

• TheZonk88
    57 posts
    You need to press both right and left sticks at the same time to open photo mode.

WOW 🙂

Nope, no freezes on my End on entering Photomode with my Controller. Tested while sailing with a Song and Saga.
    Songs will play till End, while in Photomode and Saga are getting paused.

• Nozgame
    49 posts

@thezonk88 D*mn that's weird. Now I wonder if I'm the only one with this issue 😕 Anyways, thank you for testing it!

• FixitFreddy
    1 posts

I noticed whenever I switch back and forth while playing my audio cuts out and doesn't come back in until after 5-7 secs. So for instance if I boot up the game and connect my controller the audio will go out and whenever I hit my hotkeys to record a quick clip the audio will go out and when switching back to controller the audio will then cut out again.

• falo2k
    21 posts

@nozgame I get this one as well. It feels just like the input switching freeze/audio glitch from when I still had hybrid on.

• sydneyblue
    15 posts

For some reason when im using a Xbox one controller and i move the mouse the sound cuts out and when i touch my xbox one controller again it cuts out again. I flipped my mouse over just to see and didnt have any Sound issues and the game ran well

• Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 127 posts

@paradigmtheorem Would you be able to share video footage of this with us?

Official Response
  • xrayspex_73
    137 posts

@paradigmtheorem

The game by default sets the game's input type to "Hybrid" mode. This is to allow for both controller and Mouse and keyboard. It is clearly bugged (I opened a thread about the same thing).
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/78614/pc-hybrid-input-mode-causes-stuttering-and-audio-to-drop-out?_=1605276204790

You should just set the input type to EITHER controller or mouse/kb. This will stop the stuttering/audio cut out until they fix this.

They are aware of the issue and hopefully will patch it soon.

• Nozgame
    49 posts

@ubi-spud Alright it's the controller vibrations that cause the issues. Disabling them completely fixed it. Both vibration options (light and normal) are broken and need to be looked at. This fixes the issue for both Hybrid mode and Photo mode. Could you maybe pass this on to the team ?

• gel214th
    9 posts

@nozgame Thanks for finding this fix. It happens for me as well on PC. It has nothing to do with photo mode, the game freezes every time you switch to a different control method, either moving your Xbox controller or pressing a key on the keyboard or mouse. This issue and workaround should be stickied on the list of known issues @Ubi-Spud

• Fcklntel
    1 posts

I play on PC with an xbox one controller and when the the game switch from controller to keyboard or vice-versa the game freeze and the audio stop for a brief moment (during cinematic, gameplay and even in the menu) happend everytime its switch from one to the other. The issue happend to other friend who play on PC

• Freestepper
    71 posts

Happens to me too.

• nonAx85
    22 posts

"The audio constantly cuts in and out. I have a very clean and up-to-date Win10 installation with an NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super, along with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 sound device. Audio cuts in and out randomly for 1-2 seconds at a time whenever I interact with the UI. Personally, it is most easily reproduced during the tattoo and hair customization screen. "

So on my PC these stutters are constant, from the second i launch the game, in menus, in dialogue, cut-scenes and regular game play. Every 1-10 seconds the audio will stutter off and on again. Makes the game completely unbearable to play... I've had none of the other audio issues that plague people like echoes etc.

I've made sure all audio drivers are up to date, windows is up to date, gfx is up to date, also tried rolling back gfx drivers with clean install. i've tried different headsets, different gfx options in-game, i've tried unplugging controller, unplugging bluetooth headset, i've tried with HDR on and off, i've tried vsync on and off, i've tried capping FPS and now i'm trying a re-install.

The weird thing is, i got 30 hours into the game before this stuttering became an issue...

• xrayspex_73
    137 posts

@nonax85

Are you playing with controller? Try disabling Hybrid Input mode. It causes the sound to cut out when you switch between controller and mouse/keyboard input. It also causes the game to stutter. Try setting the control scheme to controller only or mouse/keyboard only.

• Kampfhirn
    4 posts

@nozgame omg, it works! Thanks! Hybrid controll is much more important to me than rumble.

• BlindingSaint
    3 posts

My issue has been with the game losing audio when the gamepad ( SteelSeries Duo ) is connected. I cant start up the game without any issues when its connected. However if i boot up the game with the gamepad off ( MK ) it starts with no issue. As soon as i turn on the gamepad my game loses audio and then crashes.

Please help fix this issue.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics