Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SOLVED [RESOLVED] [PC] Switching between mouse/keyboard and a controller causes stuttering and audio to cut out momentarily | POST HERE

0 Likes/80 Replies/1459 Views
    gel214th
    9 posts

@nozgame Thanks for finding this fix. It happens for me as well on PC. It has nothing to do with photo mode, the game freezes every time you switch to a different control method, either moving your Xbox controller or pressing a key on the keyboard or mouse. This issue and workaround should be stickied on the list of known issues @Ubi-Spud

• Fcklntel
    1 posts

I play on PC with an xbox one controller and when the the game switch from controller to keyboard or vice-versa the game freeze and the audio stop for a brief moment (during cinematic, gameplay and even in the menu) happend everytime its switch from one to the other. The issue happend to other friend who play on PC

• Freestepper
    114 posts

Happens to me too.

• nonAx85
    22 posts

"The audio constantly cuts in and out. I have a very clean and up-to-date Win10 installation with an NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super, along with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 sound device. Audio cuts in and out randomly for 1-2 seconds at a time whenever I interact with the UI. Personally, it is most easily reproduced during the tattoo and hair customization screen. "

So on my PC these stutters are constant, from the second i launch the game, in menus, in dialogue, cut-scenes and regular game play. Every 1-10 seconds the audio will stutter off and on again. Makes the game completely unbearable to play... I've had none of the other audio issues that plague people like echoes etc.

I've made sure all audio drivers are up to date, windows is up to date, gfx is up to date, also tried rolling back gfx drivers with clean install. i've tried different headsets, different gfx options in-game, i've tried unplugging controller, unplugging bluetooth headset, i've tried with HDR on and off, i've tried vsync on and off, i've tried capping FPS and now i'm trying a re-install.

The weird thing is, i got 30 hours into the game before this stuttering became an issue...

• xrayspex_73
    144 posts

@nonax85

Are you playing with controller? Try disabling Hybrid Input mode. It causes the sound to cut out when you switch between controller and mouse/keyboard input. It also causes the game to stutter. Try setting the control scheme to controller only or mouse/keyboard only.

• Kampfhirn
    4 posts

@nozgame omg, it works! Thanks! Hybrid controll is much more important to me than rumble.

• BlindingSaint
    3 posts

My issue has been with the game losing audio when the gamepad ( SteelSeries Duo ) is connected. I cant start up the game without any issues when its connected. However if i boot up the game with the gamepad off ( MK ) it starts with no issue. As soon as i turn on the gamepad my game loses audio and then crashes.

Please help fix this issue.

• oreo0722
    2 posts
    My issue has been with the game losing audio when the gamepad ( SteelSeries Duo ) is connected. I cant start up the game without any issues when its connected. However if i boot up the game with the gamepad off ( MK ) it starts with no issue. As soon as i turn on the gamepad my game loses audio and then crashes.

Please help fix this issue.

Same problem here.

• TheZonk88
    57 posts

@thezonk88

in Addition.

How to fix this "Bug"

"Never load resources for input icons synchronously in response to input, precache these textures and leave them loaded at all times.
    Nothing good comes from loading and unloading UI textures like this."

Quote by someone i know 😛

• DK_SHEN07
    1 posts

Game freezed or lost sound using xbox elite 2 controller on PC, similar issue posted on reddit by other users especially people who are using new xbox controller

• nonAx85
    22 posts

i got audio constantly cutting off and on again every few seconds, made a video just of the menu screen, but it's the same everywhere in the game, completely unplayable:

• Tadiian
    16 posts

@nonax85 Do you play on pc and have a controller connected? Some people had this problem when switchen back and forth between kb&m and controller.

• nonAx85
    22 posts

@tadiian Yeah i am on PC, Hybrid is the default scheme where both m/kb and controller is active, i've also tried only m/kb and only controller. i've also tried disconnecting my controller completely and only using m/kb.

• Kampfhirn
    4 posts

@falo2k You could try to disable the 'rumble' feature. I did it and now I can use hybrid controlls without freeze. I wonder if it would fix your photo issue too.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 702 posts

Hi folks! We're aware of this issue - when the game detects a different input method, there is a little freeze. This is being worked on. Thank you for your patience!

Official Response
  • Freestepper
    114 posts

It happens when you enter or leave photo mode also.

• Kaerrigan
    2 posts

@xrayspex_73

I found another bug that might be causing some of the issues with sound cutting in and out. By default the game's controller scheme is set to "Hybrid" mode which allows you to switch between controller and mouse/keyboard. I play with a controller, and I found that every time i moved my mouse the sound cuts out for a second. When I start using the controller again, the sound again cuts out.
    This is easily reproducible. Just switch between controller and mouse/keyboard while in Hybrid mode.

This issue also causes the game to freeze/crash during cutscenes if you switch input. I play on controller, but sometimes during a cutscene I want to screen shot and have crashed my game at last 3 times hitting F12.

• K.Knyte
    2 posts

So I have been having an issue but solved it on my own.

The issue is that when the game is running and you try to switch to the controller the game freezes and hangs for a very long time and then the sound drops out and then it works without sound for a while and then it crashes.

While it is working with no sound (using controller) if the keyboard or mouse is touched, the game immediately freezes and does not come back.

It was very frustrating, and after finding others with the same problem and all the support, official and non official, involved driver updating, sound control panel putzing about or even 3rd party software.

While some of those fixes may help for some people, I found the issue to be with the "Hybrid" control option. Turning it to the devices I want to use (in my case controller) will cause the game to freeze momentarily, but I left it alone for a few minutes and the game came back WITH sound! Allowing me to use the controller as normal.

Whatever the issue is it lies in that hybrid control option.

I run Windows 10 on a Ryzen 7 2700 x8 @3.2ghz, 16 gb of ddr4, an nvidia 1660 Ti 6gb ddr6. I was using a regular xbox one controller plugged in via usb. Running in "high"/middle graphics settings.

also i have 2 displays, it acted the same on both.
    I hope this helps someone.

• K.Knyte
    2 posts

Also, it looses sound upon entering photo mode, and freezes when you try to un pause.

• aazhari
    10 posts

Something interesting happens on my machine. The sound delay and shortly after a 30 second freeze is when I touch mouse and keyboard right after using the controller.

in fact, it is very consistent in this way:
    - play with controller
    - move mouse or press a key on keyboard
    - sound goes
    - after 15 seconds game freezes
    - about 30 seconds after game unfreeze

Rtx 2080 ti latest drivers
    Windows 10
    Dx12 borderless mode

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users