Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SOLVED [RESOLVED] [PC] Switching between mouse/keyboard and a controller causes stuttering and audio to cut out momentarily | POST HERE

0 Likes/80 Replies/1901 Views
    Nozgame
    55 posts

I'm bumping this because I'm not seeing these bugs in the "Known Issues" thread. Please do something about them,they're annoying bugs that were NOT present in Odyssey and Origins. How do you break something that is basically copy pasted from the previous games ? These features should not be broken like this.

• xrayspex_73
    150 posts

@joseph2409

Whoa. You are right. If you spam controller-to-mouse/keyboard over and over again really quickly, sound will cut out for a long time where you aren't sure if it's coming back. It also almost locks the game up.

• Joseph2409
    14 posts

@xrayspex_73 funny isn't it.

Atleast it is consistent
    Should be not too difficult to diagnose

Lucky it isn't all that inconvenient.

• ParadigmTheorem
    2 posts

This also happens in watch dogs legion. It never happened with Odyssey. Whatever new code you have to switch from Kb/M to Controller(and not the other way around for some reason) causes the game to stutter and it's REALLY annoying. I bump my desk while I'm gaming every few minutes and there's a half second stutter in the sound and frames the next controller input. This is awful and takes away from immersion constantly. Please fix this!

Also the game is amazing ❤

• GoDaPe
    8 posts

Getting this problem too

• TheZonk88
    57 posts

Hello there,

Inputmode "Hybrid" will cause stutter/freeze everytime you switch between Gamepad and K&M.

This could lend to a "Permafreeze", when you're playing with a Controller while having a very sensitiv Mousesensor
    by touching your Desk or any other source of "micro"vibrating on your Desk (from a extern HDD etc)

vise versa while playing with K&M and your Gamepads sticks are vibrating out of the deadzone, drifting
    or having a "cheap" Gamepad like i had because it was sending constantly a z-axis command to the game.

• Nozgame
    55 posts

@thezonk88 I'm having the same issue, even the audio gets muted until the game stops freezing. Is the game also freezing for you when you enter/leave photo mode ? Because it's doing it for me, even with Hybrid mode disabled.

• TheZonk88
    57 posts
    Is the game also freezing for you when you enter/leave photo mode ?

i would say this is intended behavior 😉

i wouldnt want to see moving NPCs and such, while i try to get a nice shot

• Nozgame
    55 posts

@thezonk88 No lol I understand photo mode pauses the game to take pics. But when I use my controller to open photo mode the game freezes and mutes itself completely for a few seconds, like I can't do anything. It doesn't happen when I use my keyboard tho, only when I open it with my controller. Even after closing photo mode the audio will be muted for a few seconds. That should not happen, it never did in previous games.

• TheZonk88
    57 posts

@nozgame ohhh - i am not able to test and confirm/deny this.

i am using a Xbox One Controller (the newer one) which doesn't have a "screenshot/social/share" Button (as far as i know!), also i cannot find a button assigned to photomode.

• TheZonk88
    57 posts

Due to beeing not allowed to edit after 5 minutes -

spoiler

This Pic Shows all functions i am able to remap

• Nozgame
    55 posts

@thezonk88 You need to press both right and left sticks at the same time to open photo mode. Make sure photo mode is enabled in the options, should be in "Gameplay", all the way at the top.

• TheZonk88
    57 posts
    You need to press both right and left sticks at the same time to open photo mode.

WOW 🙂

Nope, no freezes on my End on entering Photomode with my Controller. Tested while sailing with a Song and Saga.
    Songs will play till End, while in Photomode and Saga are getting paused.

• Nozgame
    55 posts

@thezonk88 D*mn that's weird. Now I wonder if I'm the only one with this issue 😕 Anyways, thank you for testing it!

• FixitFreddy
    1 posts

I noticed whenever I switch back and forth while playing my audio cuts out and doesn't come back in until after 5-7 secs. So for instance if I boot up the game and connect my controller the audio will go out and whenever I hit my hotkeys to record a quick clip the audio will go out and when switching back to controller the audio will then cut out again.

• falo2k
    23 posts

@nozgame I get this one as well. It feels just like the input switching freeze/audio glitch from when I still had hybrid on.

• sydneyblue
    15 posts

For some reason when im using a Xbox one controller and i move the mouse the sound cuts out and when i touch my xbox one controller again it cuts out again. I flipped my mouse over just to see and didnt have any Sound issues and the game ran well

• Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 257 posts

@paradigmtheorem Would you be able to share video footage of this with us?

Official Response
  • xrayspex_73
    150 posts

@paradigmtheorem

The game by default sets the game's input type to "Hybrid" mode. This is to allow for both controller and Mouse and keyboard. It is clearly bugged (I opened a thread about the same thing).
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/78614/pc-hybrid-input-mode-causes-stuttering-and-audio-to-drop-out?_=1605276204790

You should just set the input type to EITHER controller or mouse/kb. This will stop the stuttering/audio cut out until they fix this.

They are aware of the issue and hopefully will patch it soon.

• Nozgame
    55 posts

@ubi-spud Alright it's the controller vibrations that cause the issues. Disabling them completely fixed it. Both vibration options (light and normal) are broken and need to be looked at. This fixes the issue for both Hybrid mode and Photo mode. Could you maybe pass this on to the team ?

Suggested Topics