ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1938 posts

So the starting area is in norway.
    There are in fact 2 areas there, but one is for 280 and above.

I left it for it is, i was too low lvl when i left Norway but i wonder when will go there again?
    Or do i have to travel there on my own akkord and clear stuff there?

Please no spoilers when you answer me.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Kormac67
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 The story will lead you back there.
    But you can visit it before and clear out all the stuff (I did).
    Mind, the little chests are bugged and give the same lvl 0 content as in south Norway.

• Asgardian02

@kormac67

cool thank you.

• Kormac67
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 Actually the story mission has no free roaming part iirc, so better visit it at leisure on your own. You also need it for the hunting (polar bears, polar foxes, ravens).
    Some fish also spawn only in Norway, but I have never caught one there. 😞

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@asgardian02 The Lv.280 area can be visited at any time from what I know, but for the passage leading to the furthest NE, it is story-related and thus is inaccessible until reaching that part of the story.

• Asgardian02

@kormac67

thnx, havent found black bears yet

• Kormac67
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 Black bears live in England. Park your ship near their location (see video), kill them with your ship, loot pelts, fast travel away, fast travel back to ship, repeat.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kormac67 But where is the fun in that? I don't mind to explore the map to find the different kinds of animals and get the parts I need, but either there should have been more places with black bears, or the number of black bear skins you need to complete the objectives should be reduced.

• Kormac67
    1024 posts

@hroozenbeek There is exactly one spot with two black bears in the game, have fun finding that on your own. It doesn't matter if you need 1 or 50 skins if you can't find ANY.
    I believe they actually live in America, but there aren't any in Vinland and you can't loot pelts there anyway.
    Or the reindeers which live in England and not in Norway as you might believe (except for that single one near Valka's hut).
    But what do you expect from a game where salt water fish can be caught in rivers?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kormac67 Well, in Valhalla's time period there actually seem to have been reindeer in the British isles, but probably not as far south as in the game (the largest concentration of reindeer in the entire game can be found in Hamtunscire!). Hunting by Danes/Vikings seems to have contributed to their extinction. Maybe Ubisoft can relocate the reindeer to the empty and better suited landscape around Hadrian's Wall! 🙂

But there should be no black bears at all, as far as I know.

• gentester
    65 posts

shouldn't be cobra type snakes in the UK (as far as I know not in Norway either).
    Vipers/Adders (same species just different names) are the only snakes in the British Isles and they certainly aren't the rearing up and spitting in your face variety, they are the slither away fast variety of snakes and would only attack if you got right on top of them before they saw you otherwise they get as far away as possible.
    Snakes are reptiles Ubi - they wouldn't survive long in a cold snow covered landscape and any that got there by mistake would be torpid and half dead already..
    Honestly this sort of thing really irritates me as its just a copy paste from previous games - an easy get out.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@gentester I fully agree with you. It always strikes me that most games or movies with a historical setting, while investing a lot of time and money in this effort, manage to introduce a plethora of objects or concepts (and animals in this case) that are totally out of place. Totally unnecessary!

• DreadGrrl
    165 posts

@gentester Prairie Rattlesnakes survive just fine in the cold and snowy Great Plains in Canada. We generally don’t see them during the winter, but they survive well enough to be a bit of a problem in the warmer months. We have a few other species of snakes, but the rattlesnakes are the ones we have to worry about.

Suggested Topics