Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Fn0rk
    Original poster 2 posts

So after another random crash I thought it would be more productive to list you my problems than rage.
    Here's what I had during my playthrough (lvl 220-ish) :

-CONSTANT sound bugs, that seem to affect many other things.
    So I had the "sound levels are very bad" issue, where footsteps are way too loud, then people speaking, then every other sound. This got fortunately fixed as I changed my 2.1 sound system for christmas. I had a 10 year old low end 2.1(hercules), changed for a recent low end 2.1 (logitech), now sound is more balanced and I finally can hear music without having super-mega-loud footstep noises. Still, would be cool to have more sliders.
    Other fixed issue : VERY long delay before starting any conversation. Fixed weirdly by turning off cloud saves and deleting any existing cloud save.
    Now the not-fixed issue : super long delays for random sounds (mostly weapon noises or screams/grunts, but also sometimes musics and longboat chants). These sounds/music eventually play, but often it also freezes the game before. This bug is the worst sound related since it happens everywhere, everytime, plus it often affect the entire game.
    -Random loading times, everywhere
    I can't find people having my problem on internet, and it's the most boring bug (?) to me. I literally can't use horses or longboats in England since every 50m all clutter disappears, the game freezes, and I have a loading time. It does seem better on foot but still happens, some oldschool Morrowind vibes here when you must wait every 2 minutes for a 20s loading time. Now I would understand if it was hardware related, but I'm above min specs. And it's weird I seem to be alone with that problem (Also I do use a SSD). I tried everything with the graphic settings, specially the clutter one, nothing works. I even tried way under 1080p and it still happens. No difference for this with low/med/high settings. It happens less in Norway, everywhere in England, be it in towns, stonghold or in nature. It seems the sound bug can trigger this, since after the loading time I sometimes have all the buggy sounds and the clutter loaded at once. Weirdly again, it does seem a bit better with AA on low. But I'm not really sure.
    Sometimes I can move my camera around : this looks like it's a loading time "on purpose", these happens the most in large towns. But most of the times it's just freezing, with a loading time logo. I do hope it's a bug and not the usual thing if you have low specs, because playing with Morrowind-level of loading times is really not what I would call normal in 2021.
    -Game shutting down randomly
    Doesn't happen a lot but still it ended many of my sessions, including the one I was having just now. Just the game closing completely, no crash report, no warning, no freeze, no Uplay window, I play and suddenly : desktop. I have no clue about what triggers this, sometimes it's during a battle, sometimes I just walk around, sometimes I'm talking to people. Obviously it doesn't save too.

I have many other bugs but you seem aware of these, so I'll end here. Sorry if some bugs are already listed, couldn't find them.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics