Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • 0 Likes/19 Replies/96 Views
    slf0612
    Original poster 4 posts

I wrote a post before, expressing how much I look forward to and how much I love this work.But recently, when I replayed Assassin's Creed Origins, I wanted to cry. Why is that?

The reason is that, with Valhalla, I've been waiting for it for so long, keeping an eye on what's going on, and when it became available for pre-order, I bought it as soon as it was available. However, after playing, I think the work has a lot of flaws. After replaying Origin, I felt even more like the production team wasn't sincere enough.

First of all, compared to the original picture, the physical effects of the cloth of the clothes really cannot bear to look directly at it. The clothes of the protagonist of the Hall of Valor are very stiff, and there is no feeling of swinging in the wind. Bayek's clothes are vivid in every detail. I don’t believe that the technology of the Montreal Working Group cannot go beyond the origin, at least the same standard, but now, the performance of the origin is much better. Aivor's fur shawl is like a cardboard. How can the fur be so stiff? Moreover, wind and sand can be seen everywhere in the origin, and no matter how strong the wind in the Hall of Heroes is, the clothes, fur and hair cannot be blown. Even the wind is too lazy to do it. The origin is sandstorm. Should there be snowstorms in Norway and Scotland?
    Secondly, the appearance of the protagonist's equipment is too different from the CG, especially the cloak, which is the most intolerable! Don't tell me that you can hide the cloak, because that will hide the fur shawl. The fabric texture and physical effects of the entire Raven clan suit are very stiff, and the cloak behind it seriously affects the sense of substitution. Why didn't Valhalla be used at all for the advantages in "For Honor"?
    Finally, I want to talk about the task of "The Way of Berserker". After Bjorn became a follower, every time I went online, I had to redeploy him once, and I couldn't keep him in the crew. This is a bug, is it difficult to fix it? And what I don’t understand is, what about his two-handed axes? What about his dual wielding hammer? The working group designed a series of characters, only to give us a crew member who has no characteristics except height? A shield and an axe. In his hand, it is like holding a plate in his left hand to block and waving his right hand. With a fork. . . Shouldn't Bjorn be made more like a berserker?

Can the physical effects of degraded clothes be improved? Can the cloak be removed? Can a berserker really be like a berserker? At least I can stay on the boat forever. . .
    The deeper the love, the harder the hatred! Hope the guys in the working group can understand. I sincerely hope that Valhalla's work will be perfect. Hope you can consider my suggestion.
    Hope the Montreal guys are happy every day. In any case, thank you for your dedication and hard work. Love all of you.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AlphaGoose46219
    155 posts

@slf0612 The physical effects and the quality of this 2020 game are really disappointing.
    It even starts with the poor begin cinematic, just played Witcher 2, a 10 year old xbox 360 game! The begin Cinematic is so far better that i wonder what kind of progress there has been made in the past 10 years in general.
    Time/money gives us Beta games with a kind of minimum standard able to sell!

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@alphagoose46219

Been also playing doom eternal the last year, and everything looks super good in that game.
    So yeah it really depens on the game studio i guess?

Some blood in valhalla looks really weird too, especially when its flashing about.

i am glad that you dismember enemies, but the the animations for it are quite off.

• Quor321
    232 posts

I think Valhalla is a beautiful game, the issues mentioned here are not that big of a deal for me. I do see the issue, and why it would not be better then previous installments is worrisome. I can't imagine the demand on a team to make a game so grand, and to do so in a timely manner. Not defending them but my guess is given the time they maybe sacrificing one thing for another.

• usafirefly7
    16 posts

@slf0612 This is a very good game. It looks excellent as well. I just got thru 100 hours on Cyberpunk 2077 and completed it. Valhalla is a SUPERIOR game and SUPERIOR looking. There is a little bit of similarness to game play like Origins/Odyssey but that is GREAT! Why? They are both GREAT games! You can spend your time playing and it's comfortable and fun that way. The story is really good too. Odyssey was excellent and really deserved gaming awards. I'm not sure Valahalla is there but I got to say players out there are shooting off their mouths complaining and Ubisoft is putting out some really great products!

• DreadGrrl
    163 posts

I definitely think Valhalla is the worst looking of the three most current AC games. Whether that is a result of changing expectations, limitations of the engine, or production issues I’m not really sure.

I finished up most of the story last night: after chipping away at it since release. While it was exceptionally slow to get going (it took me 50+ hours to actually become invested in the story), I do think the story is a worthy addition to the AC universe. I do really like what they’ve done with the modern day storyline, too.

I’m sure that over the course of the next year many of the issues will be resolved in the game. Ubisoft is pretty good about fixing things, though with the severity of COVID in Quebec (where the City of Montreal and Valhalla’s primary development studio are located) they are going to be facing some incredibly challenging circumstances.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@dreadgrrl

ubisoft is rather slow at fixing thing dont you think? Certainly they could have release some hotfixes by now.

• DreadGrrl
    163 posts

@asgardian02 The province is on lockdown. It will be exceptionally challenging for them to get anything done right now. I think they're doing pretty well: all things considered.

Some bugs always seem to take them ages to fix, but they're usually pretty good about keeping players up to date on progress. I'm inclined to be pretty forgiving right now.

• DreadGrrl
    163 posts

@Asgardian02 I was just reading the news. Things are so bad in Quebec with Covid that a province wide curfew has now been enacted: starting tonight. Heavy police presence expected across Quebec as 8 p.m. curfew starts Saturday - Montreal | Globalnews.ca

I get that people want bugs fixed. I do as well. But, I don't think people understand how challenging things are right now for people in Montreal. We may have to be a little more patient than we normally would.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

No offense Dreadgirl but we're not talking about the ice cream shop down the road with only 3 flavors, Ubisoft is a multi billion dollar company and if a development team is on lockdown due to covid then it's up to corporate to assign it to someone else.I find it hard to believe that a corporation that uses million dollar equipment can't come up with a backup team to run it having locations all over the world.Covid is not a legitimate reason to continue doing nothing and then turn around and ask for more money with a new outfit in the store.They more than have the ability to deal with these gaming problems and simply chose not too.

• DreadGrrl
    163 posts

@duskdragon56496 I didn’t suggest it was a reason to do nothing.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

Yes I know. I apologize I didn't mean to be snarky. It's just that with all the resources and money available to Ubisoft they should have no problem dealing with these issues.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

You know that actually poses an interesting question, if the developers are contracted, then they wouldn't be able to just bring in another team to work on it,not unless it was specifically drawn up that way,but if they are salaried employees then it would be at Ubisofts discretion how they'd deal with the situation, so maybe the problems aren't so easily solved...hm.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@duskdragon56496

i was thinking the same thing.
    If for example their was an insane amount of money store items being produced i could be more forgiven.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts
  • DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

Yeah the helix store has just gotten ridiculous, it's one things to sell armor and weapons and the rest of that nonsense, but locking perks behind a paywall is so low, especially when they said they wouldn't do that.Unfortunately, it's going to get even worse because ubi is just testing the waters now to see how people will react and I think eventually this game will be pay to play. As I've said people usually have to learn the hard way and always when it's to late to stop it!

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

There is no freedom for the player,it doesn't matter what choices you make because the result remains the same,the only choice that bears a different result is whether Sigurd stays in Norway,that's it. Even your combat is decided by the game half the time with the end kills,I'd like the devs to explain how you can start out killing a character with daggers and then give a cut scene with two hammers as a finisher.Even your outfits are pretty much decided by the game,when 7 out of eight have lame perks like " evasion is better at night" it isn't hard to decide what to use and sure doesn't give the player much creative freedom with their character. not too mention that they've resolved pretty much everything with a lengthy cut scene.It doesn't bode well for a game whose tagline is "create your own viking adventure" it's pretty laughable when you stop and think about it!

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@duskdragon56496

yeah they didnt add XP boost and other crap until after the reviews have been made

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@duskdragon56496

the finishers in Odyssey where super smooth and fast and overall way better looking.

It takes ages for eivor to complete some finishers and meanwhile surrounding ennemies just stand around and wait... yeah like that would happen in real life, makes to combat as a whole so weird and darn slow.

Also whatever happend to the cool confirmation kill animation we had in Odyssey, now he just sits there and nothing happens.

Dont like how he always uses his axe for finishers yet i odnt have one equipped.

well, its a melee combat game though, and since most games are shooters there just isnt much else

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics