Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

No offense Dreadgirl but we're not talking about the ice cream shop down the road with only 3 flavors, Ubisoft is a multi billion dollar company and if a development team is on lockdown due to covid then it's up to corporate to assign it to someone else.I find it hard to believe that a corporation that uses million dollar equipment can't come up with a backup team to run it having locations all over the world.Covid is not a legitimate reason to continue doing nothing and then turn around and ask for more money with a new outfit in the store.They more than have the ability to deal with these gaming problems and simply chose not too.

• DreadGrrl
    165 posts

@duskdragon56496 I didn’t suggest it was a reason to do nothing.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

Yes I know. I apologize I didn't mean to be snarky. It's just that with all the resources and money available to Ubisoft they should have no problem dealing with these issues.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

You know that actually poses an interesting question, if the developers are contracted, then they wouldn't be able to just bring in another team to work on it,not unless it was specifically drawn up that way,but if they are salaried employees then it would be at Ubisofts discretion how they'd deal with the situation, so maybe the problems aren't so easily solved...hm.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@duskdragon56496

i was thinking the same thing.
    If for example their was an insane amount of money store items being produced i could be more forgiven.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts
  • DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

Yeah the helix store has just gotten ridiculous, it's one things to sell armor and weapons and the rest of that nonsense, but locking perks behind a paywall is so low, especially when they said they wouldn't do that.Unfortunately, it's going to get even worse because ubi is just testing the waters now to see how people will react and I think eventually this game will be pay to play. As I've said people usually have to learn the hard way and always when it's to late to stop it!

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

There is no freedom for the player,it doesn't matter what choices you make because the result remains the same,the only choice that bears a different result is whether Sigurd stays in Norway,that's it. Even your combat is decided by the game half the time with the end kills,I'd like the devs to explain how you can start out killing a character with daggers and then give a cut scene with two hammers as a finisher.Even your outfits are pretty much decided by the game,when 7 out of eight have lame perks like " evasion is better at night" it isn't hard to decide what to use and sure doesn't give the player much creative freedom with their character. not too mention that they've resolved pretty much everything with a lengthy cut scene.It doesn't bode well for a game whose tagline is "create your own viking adventure" it's pretty laughable when you stop and think about it!

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@duskdragon56496

yeah they didnt add XP boost and other crap until after the reviews have been made

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@duskdragon56496

the finishers in Odyssey where super smooth and fast and overall way better looking.

It takes ages for eivor to complete some finishers and meanwhile surrounding ennemies just stand around and wait... yeah like that would happen in real life, makes to combat as a whole so weird and darn slow.

Also whatever happend to the cool confirmation kill animation we had in Odyssey, now he just sits there and nothing happens.

Dont like how he always uses his axe for finishers yet i odnt have one equipped.

well, its a melee combat game though, and since most games are shooters there just isnt much else

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics