Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 3 Likes/44 Replies/192 Views
    Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

Just assassinated Reeve Derby, he is a pretty high ranking officer within the order, yet throughout the main story he is never mentioned. 😞
    he didnt put up any fight either. Shouldnt a member high up in the ranking be more of a challenge??

In Odyssey fishing out each member was fun and something to look forward too, not only would you get some awesome loot but must fights were somewhat of a challenge however small.
    Then just before death took them, there was cool and evil message from each of them.

In Valhalla however each and everyone must have known they are following an "evil"order and yet just before Odin takes them they all repent and seem to have regret of the way the lived life.
    This kinda diminishes these "evil" ppl, sure if a few have regrets but why every single one of them?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@asgardian02 Not all members are warriors.

I think most so far have not attempted to repent, just reflect.

This is not Odyssey

They definitely did not embellish much on the order. Seems more like a side story then part of the main story. Not sure what to think of it. As we are looking through the eyes of Eivor, he/she does not seem overly concerned with the brotherhood and the order they are hunting. More focused on the clan then riding the world of evil.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@quor321 You're absolutely right. It is consistent with

spoiler

, but that does not hide the fact that of all AC games this one is perhaps, despite the importance of the Isu-plotline in other respects, the least concerned with the Templar (Order of the Ancients) / Assassins (Hidden Ones) controversy.

• Asgardian02

@quor321

isnt hunting the order a huge part of what in fact these game fit within the ac franchise?
    So the fact its more of an afterthought within this version at least to me is a miss.

odyssey was my 1st ac game and when the order system was revealed at some point during the main story that was a huge and welcome surprise, i really liked that hunting down and so on.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@asgardian02 Maybe some just want one AC game after another to be just about assassinating some order, or key evil individuals. But I personally like this jump back in history to see it from other perspectives. Odyssey was easily the most void of any brotherhood or hidden ones. It shined in my opinion because it finally gave us the Isu story. While simultaneously making the order hunting a part of the main story without any need for an assassin guild of any sort. Valhalla could of done a better job of making the order members seem more important, but as I said previously from our main characters point of view it's not.

• Asgardian02

@quor321

In its current state eivor is only about seeking and making alliances in england. If the main story would have been written differently i dont see why it couldnt have been something that could benefit eivor more.
    Afterall his father has been killed by someone of the order, so in fact getting revenge is a big part in that regard. Yet after kjotve that spark has burnt out

• Quor321
    232 posts

@asgardian02 That revenge had nothing to do with the order. In fact Eivor told the hidden ones not to interfere.

• Asgardian02

@quor321

ur missing my point.

it could have been interwoven into the story in order to make hunting members more part of the story.

anyway its just how you view. Hidden ones werent to interfere mostly as it was his kill

• Sam_Boo26
    146 posts

I think some members of the Order are great in Valhalla, but I wish more of them had something to do with the main story, especially the ones in the last line before the Father.

• Asgardian02

@sam_boo26

a big part of the order is in winchester

• DreadGrrl
    165 posts

I absolutely agree. Most of the order members were pretty inconsequential. Their place in the world was generally poorly defined, and we didn’t really have any reason to target them beyond the fact that they were order members. Previously, the devs have done a much better job of weaving the Templars/Ancients into the story.

• Asgardian02

@dreadgrrl

part of it was in winchester, but even that small part felt rather odd, and again not a single challenge.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

They aren't just a disappointment they are complete let down.No your right Quor this isn't Odyssey, that was a great game, I'd have a difficult time rating this game mediocre, so you're quite right it's definitely NOT Odyssey! Odyssey did a fantastic job developing their characters ,giving them substance as well as fighting spirit.In Valhalla it's,well here they are now kill them! so thrilling!!! There isn't a single order member in this game that's developed to allow us to know why we should despise them, why they are a threat or why they have to die.This game is truly a simple hack and slash, with no rhyme or reason to any of it.I've heard people saying"this game is too long" well that's not true at all,most people who play ac games are usually planning on spending hundreds of hours playing it,I put over 1000 in Odyssey, so it's kind of hard to say the games too long when people are normally putting that kind of time in it. The game is just too repetitive and just too dam boring....that's the problem.In Odyssey there were a lot of other things to do if you were getting burnt out on the story line,in this there's nothing! Pure and simple the game was lazily done and whether due to covid or a time crunch or whatever the reason they've had time to make it better and they did nothing!

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

unfortunately when you look at the reviews, most of them are overwhelmingly good, and i wonder did we play the same game??
    Seems to me that many just put in a few hours and already wrote their review

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

Yeah I don't get that either. I was really surprised when I saw that Valhalla was nominated for action/adventure game of the year, it didn't win but it sure didn't deserve to be nominated,doesn't give me much faith in reviews or awards anymore!!!

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

other reviewers completly bashed cyberpunk down for being super buggy and yet gave valhalla all praise even though its for sure same amount of buggy..

Even though witcher3 is from 2015 and has outdated graphics it sure is still my favorite game.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 I do like Valhalla in many respects, also when compared to Odyssey with its bland sidequests, but it is (bugs aside) far from perfect. The lack of attention to the background and relevance of many (even highranking) members of the Order is certainly one of the major letdowns.

I fully agree that even today The Witcher 3 is superior in almost every respect.

• Sam_Boo26
    146 posts

@asgardian02 Yes, and in Lunden and Jorvik too, but a lot of them aren't part of the main story. I wish more of them were, especially the ones in the last line before the Father.

• Asgardian02

@sam_boo26

They are part of the story though, as thats what gives you acces to go to these places. But then at the end of the arc when you face them they are no challenge at all.

• Finalflash07
    19 posts

You should always wait 1-2 years after a game release before buying it. Most games release in 'open beta'-mode nowadays.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics