Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• C-Pick
    Original poster 77 posts

I realize I've posted about this before, but I'd really like to see some new options to disable a few more HUD/UI elements.

Since the last update (December 15, I think), I now cannot turn off that flashing red rune symbol on enemies doing unblockable attacks. Before that update, I was blissfully never seeing that ghastly, cartoony, irritating thing. Now I'm FORCED to see it all the time. When wild boars and chickens attack me, they all look like they're literally on fire now. I have no choice.

I can't stand this, and it's killing my desire to play this game, so I stopped. I want to be able to play AC: Valhalla as immersively as I possibly can, and that usually means disabling silly, artificial HUD elements. The last patch made my gameplay experience worse.

In addition, will you finally let us turn off those obnoxious mid-screen messages ("Ammo is full," "Find the key for this door," "This door is barred," "Rations are full," etc.), those colorful weapon trails, the aiming reticle that appears every time I crouch, and (while we're at it) those white sparkly explosions every time I loot something/someone?

Just give us the options. That's all I'm asking. Let us have that.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• OrcBeard92
    152 posts

@c-pick The now infamous (in my book), Yule patch added/broke more than it fixed, and made changes that I don't think anybody even asked for. Hair colours being changed. Hiding your gloves now hides the hidden blade, resulting in essentially punching people to death with an invisible weapon. The cloak now being forcibly removed in numerous situations (even the helix corridor loading screen).

It's just been a mess in what was otherwise a moderately bug free experience, give or take. The issues I'd run into it prior were generally skin deep, but the patches have added game breaking behaviour and systems that don't work. It's becoming more and more apparent the game was simply not ready when they released it, and they're now scrambling to keep up.

They have been making statements about future customisation options etc. etc. which is great, but the base content is so hit-and-miss at the moment I don't know where to stand. It feels like when you play the game atm, you're desperately trying not to do things that will break it, rather than just enjoying the experience.

We need a lot of quality of life additions to get the game where it needs to be, 100% agree. Just a lot of weird design choices going on in Valhalla. A lot of people hated Odyssey but by the end of that game's life cycle (and even earlier on), it had nailed a lot of what it intended to do, and was more polished. Valhalla is a step forward in many regards but has also fallen behind in some too. It's a mixed bag.

I too have stopped playing until we see some more patches. It's a shame.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 77 posts

@orcbeard92
    Yup, I hear ya. Agreed.

Ubisoft, if you're reading this, I'm sorry to be so repetitive here, but I'd REALLY appreciate it if you could patch in more options for disabling HUD/Interface elements. Seriously, this would go a long way toward making my gameplay experience waaay more enjoyable. I'm just waiting to play this game (which I paid $60 for) again, but the December 15 patch actually made my experience worse.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics