Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• C-Pick
    Original poster 109 posts

I know I've posted about this before, but I'd really like to see some new options to disable a few more HUD/UI elements. I seem to be getting no response about this.

Since the last update (December 15, I think), I now CANNOT turn off that flashing red rune symbol on enemies doing unblockable attacks. Before that update, I was blissfully never seeing that ghastly, cartoony, irritating thing. Now I'm FORCED to see it all the time. When wild boars and chickens attack me, they look like they're literally on fire now. I have no choice.

I can't stand this, and it's killing my desire to play this game, so I stopped. I want to be able to play AC: Valhalla as immersively as I possibly can, and that usually means disabling silly, artificial HUD elements. The last patch made my gameplay experience worse.

In addition, will you finally let us turn off those obnoxious mid-screen messages ("Ammo is full," "Find the key for this door," "This door is barred," "Rations are full," etc.), those colorful weapon trails, the aiming reticle that appears every time I crouch, and (while we're at it) those white sparkly explosions every time I loot something/someone?

Just give us the options. That's all I'm asking. Let us have that.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 446 posts

@c-pick Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to write this post. I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration that may have been caused by these features in Assassin's Creed Valhalla! I understand how these could grow to be annoying over time. Moving forward, do you have the following settings turned on under the Interface tab in the game's settings?

Enemy Proximity
    Tips and Messages
    Contextual Actions
    Controls Hints

These sound like what you may have mentioned in your post, so it may be helpful to disable them and see if they make the improvements you're looking for. Nonetheless, I would be happy to report your comments!

Official Response
  • C-Pick

@ubikoality

Thanks for responding! I turn off almost everything I can because I want a more immersive, less cluttered HUD. Of the items mentioned in your list, I have only the "contextual actions" one on, and that's it. "Control hints" (if that refers to control reminders for sailing my longship) is always off.

To be clear, before the December 15th patch, I was NEVER seeing the flaming red rune flash for unblockable attacks on enemies, and I don't know if that was tied to "enemy proximity" or "enemy info" or whatever, which I always have off (because I hate tacky lifebars and cartoony enemy outlines that I can see through walls). Now, after that patch, that flaming red rune always shows during an unblockable attack. I'd appreciate it if I can never see that thing again. I haven't played the game for weeks now because of this.

Thanks again.

• C-Pick

All right, so the latest patch (from today) didn't address any of this. No matter which HUD settings I disable, I'm still always seeing that irritating flaming red rune flash whenever an enemy does an unblockable attack and those orange explosions when enemies/animals are about to do a regular attack. Guess I'll be putting this game off again for a while. I'd really like to get back to it.

Additionally, of course, I'd still like to see options that let us disable those mid-screen messages, those colorful weapon trails, those white sparkly explosions whenever I loot something/someone, etc.

More HUD options, please. This would go a long way toward making my experience with Valhalla soooo much more enjoyable.

• True_Coverage
    23 posts

@c-pick did they ever fix this crap?

you're like me man i hate all this cartoony stuff, it really ruins the game

• C-Pick

@true_coverage Glad someone else cares!

Mostly no, with one exception: they gave an option to turn off those mid-screen messages (I think they're called "critical messages").

But otherwise? Still seeing those obnoxious red rune flashes during unblockable attacks. Since December 15 of 2020, we have not been able to turn those off.

Why . . . why is this so difficult, Ubisoft? Just give us one crappy option in the Interface settings menu. That's all.

• True_Coverage
    23 posts

Come on UBISOFT sort it out

Go put in a 'Remove All VFX' toggle in the options menu, it would be insanely good

Honestly, this should be a standard toggle in every game these days

Break the mold UBI, be the first to start this new trend in video game immersion

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 255 posts

Hello @C-Pick and @True_Coverage. My apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

Please, could you both provide me with a short video demonstrating that red rune flash that annoys you so I could pass your feedback to the Game team?
    Indeed it works as intended but I will be happy to pass on your suggestion.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Official Response
  • True_Coverage
    23 posts

@ubi-oxavo

@2:46 you'll see and example

Thre are two versions of this, the red one as you see here in the video

And a yellow one

If you mention this to the VFX team they will know what it is, and that we would be grateful if we could disable not just these, but ALL combat/weapon VFX too 🙂

• C-Pick

@ubi-oxavo Yeah, that combat video shows it: there's a silly yellow explosion that happens for some enemy attacks, and then there's the red-rune flash that appears when an enemy does an unblockable attack (the fight with the polar bear at around 2:15) shows that.

Literally we'd just like an option in the Interface settings to turn off attack telegraphs like those. I've said this a million times: before the December 15, 2020, patch we were able to have at least the red-rune flash disabled, but since that patch, we always have to see it.

Suggested Topics