Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 1 Likes/12 Replies/109 Views
    Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

This sux, it took me ages to reach lvl6 settlement and instead of that some rewards are gifted to me as it was in Odyssey, i now have to go to the shop and pay for these things.
    [censored] is that??? 😞

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asgardian02

Also it says that you would unlock new opportunities, yet i didnt get any new quests and marks on the map for said opportunities.

Also whats the purpose of Kari's woodshop, you cannot interact with her and it says that it helps with fortifications of your settlement.
    yes were are these fortifications? Didn't see the settlement change in that regard while lvling up and now thats its lvl6 there are no options to add fortifications...

• Quor321
    232 posts
  • Asgardian02

@quor321

i am already at 420 atm.
    490 is the max, not sure where there ius even a max, it was annoying in odyssey and now its here again.

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@asgardian02 They increased the max. Not sure what they mean by, "Largely increased Mastery Points cap", but that is what the patch notes said.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@jcar4327 From what I read, the max mastery point cap is raised to a whopping 1,000.

But other users here have reported that mastery points do not really raise Eivor's stats at all, or only at a very slow pace for a very small boost.

On topic: I also hope that the Settlement can give Eivor discounts or dividends every now and then. Buying runes takes a lot of money.

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@imaginaryruins I've seen those posts. My question for those people is: with the max level of any area in the game being 340 and the max level for skill points being 400, how much more do you need the mastery points to increase the power level? People are already complaining the game is too easy, and with the scaling they recently introduced that no enemy will be more than 51 power levels below the player, does it matter if you are power level 400 or 10,000 because it makes little difference in the difficulty of the game. The only purpose of mastery points is to give people the illusion they are gaining something for continuing to play the game when in actuality they will never be more than 51 levels above their enemies.

Edit: I'll add that it would be nice if the settlement vendors provided discounts that the vendors in all other locations don't; it would make it a reason to travel to the settlement instead of buying from any other vendor.

• Asgardian02

@jcar4327

playing on hardest setting myself, the game has only be slightly difficult the 1st 80 lvls or something, after that it was to easy, where on lvl100 i already completed lvl250 content. Thats pretty crazy right?

The entire mastery setup in Valhalla is pretty poorly done. Currently i am not done with the game though, still have to complete 3 areas.

Just whish they would have come up with a better design for this. And with upcoming content and me being on max lvl it just feels rather [censored]. PLaying a game should be fun, but it must be rewarding as well, now with allready being on max how will me future time be rewarded i wonder.

• Asgardian02

@imaginaryruins

I just wished, getting to lvl6 would have freed additional quest lines and possible some more story content.
    Also discount on items would have been, as silver is still so hard to get, even at high lvl u barely get any silver.

Rewards from quests as far as silver goes arent better either. At least in Odyssey the higher you got the better teh rewards.

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I agree the power system in the game is a mess. The skill tree should not have been tied to the power progression. The problem is that as you apply skills you become so powerful that even the hardest enemies become extremely easy to beat. I have played on both Drengr and Vikingr difficulties. The only difference for me was delaying being able to beat higher powered enemies by about 20 - 30 power levels. On Vikingr I was able to start defeating zealots at around the 125 - 130 power level, on Drengr it was around 145 - 150 power level range before I was able to beat those enemies. Everything else was so easy I could practically walk into a raid, for instance, and just have enemies seemingly fall over at my presence. Not very challenging at all.

Now don't get me wrong. I still find Valhalla to be an extremely fun game to play because a game does not have to be super challenging for me to find it entertaining, The story in Valhalla was really good in my opinion, especially with it making connections to the stories of several of the previous games. I liked a lot of the side activities and figuring out how to get into a lot of the locked areas. I also enjoyed the fishing, even with the current issues it has. So, the game has a lot of features that I found satisfying that I can overlook the power system at the moment.

As far as rewards, I am a person that finds completing a game to be a reward, figuring out the puzzles is a reward, and simply beating difficult enemies is a reward. I don't find getting tons of loot that I will never use to be all that rewarding and I don't enjoy endless loot chases. So I think that each person will have a different definition of what is rewarding.

• Asgardian02

@jcar4327

arrows can still be a cause of death on drengr setting. especially those crossbows or those machine thats hoot them.
    Its also very unclear from which direction they come and if multiple enemies are shooting at u at once you must be carefull.

• Asgardian02

as far as the skill tree, it would have been better if even at max lvl you wouldnt be able to full in everything.

That you really had to choose between what to pick, and if at some point you'd feel like stopping that u then could dump everything in for example the bear mastery.
    Now the mastery only unlocks after evyrthing is filled.

Suggested Topics