Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Gergid
    Original poster 27 posts

There is an option but it will not delete the topic, it's just becoming transparent like a hide option.

I also flagged my own topic for delete, no replies. If a topic cannot be deleted then the delete option is misleading because it is only a hide.

If that's the case then the activity page should show the topic in transparent which I chose to hide because as of now if I delete my own topic it's disappearing from my activity page but not from the statistics from the left.

A delete should permanently remove the content you created from the forums and from your activity page and activity page statistics while a hide should just make it private but accessible from your activity page.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hey Gergid, thanks for your post. 🙂

After deleting a topic, you will see a message at the top of the page that states that the topic is no longer visible or accessible by anyone except those with topic management permissions. The threads are no longer visible to other users and cannot be replied to, however you as the creator of the thread may still be able to see it to give you the option to "restore" it, should the deletion have been accidental or you have changed your mind about deleting it.

You have mentioned flagging the content for complete removal and I will look into this request, however I'd also like to ask that you create a post like this one in the future rather than misusing our content flagging system. We're happy to look into user feedback and requests such as this one, but submitting such a request through improper means is not helpful. I'll also consult the forum development team regarding the statistics, as I'm aware that deleted posts are still counted towards the created post totals, due to the fact that they did previously exist. Thank you. 🙂

Official Response
  • Gergid
    Original poster 27 posts

@Ubi-Woofer
    Thank you for such a detailed answer.

About the flagging, I wanted to write a private message to one of the Forum Representatives/Community Managers as suggested in the Forum Rules just didn't find the option to do it - actually still don't find it. That's why I thought that the flag system will create a converstation between us - but it's clear now how it works.

As for the the feedback about "the activity page should show the topic in transparent which I chose to hide" it would make the activity page more informative and useful. If I hide one of my content I should be able to see it in my own activity page and access it with ease if I want.

• Gergid
    Original poster 27 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer

@gergid Anytime!

With regard to private messaging, this is still possible through the "chat" functionality however where you need to message a staff member, it is currently required that the staff member opens the conversation in order to prevent spam / constant messages. I will open a chat between us in case you would like to discuss the content you wish to have deleted privately. You can freely message other members of the forums however. Flagging content to us directly adds it to a queue that we then review; it isn't a conversation space, for clarification. 🙂

I can pass forward your additional remarks with regard to your deleted content, and having it visible in the activity feed as to be able to restore it if desired. However, I previously passed forward your thoughts that the deleted content should not be visible to you if not visible to other players due to being deleted, so would you mind clarifying what you would prefer? Do you think that, perhaps like our account deletion process, content should "expire" for restoration after a certain period perhaps, and be fully deleted from even your view? Thanks for the additional feedback in advance! 🙂

Official Response
  • Gergid
    Original poster 27 posts

@Ubi-Woofer
    Sure. I'll try to clarify this hide/delete confusion.

Currently the delete function in this forum will make the content unaccesible to anyone but the creator of the content and the administrators. The content is still existing in the forums just not public anymore. That's what I called hide option previously because the content is still existing just not visible.

So if I delete a content (1.) in this way I should be able to see it in my activity page - the ability to still able to access it if I want without the need of searching it in the forums. I think this would be a nice improvement in terms of usability. This is my feedback suggestion to make this forum better.

The complete deletion request (2.) is different. If it is possible it should completely remove the content from the site. It should disappear entirerly.

In my case I requested a complete a deletion request (2.) if possible just because I think that topic which I created isn't informative enough. If the rules don't allow the complete removal of user generated content, it's fine, in this case it should be treated as (1.).

• Ubi-Woofer

@gergid Thank you for providing this extended clarification. 🙂 I've passed forward these details exactly as you've written them for the developers to understand your feedback best.

In terms of deleting the thread you mentioned itself, if you'd still like it to be deleted fully from the site, I can look into this for you. However, the current deletion as it stands has removed the content from view and it cannot be interacted with in any way, so if this is enough for you we can leave it as is.

Official Response
  • Gergid
    Original poster 27 posts

@Ubi-Woofer
    If possible, sure, I would like to fully delete it.

Thank you.

• Ubi-Woofer

@gergid Assuming it was the one about Sprint Bash, I've removed it now for you - please confirm if you're still able to view it or not?

Official Response
  • Gergid
    Original poster 27 posts

@Ubi-Woofer
    Yes, it was about Sprint Bash.

"You seem to have stumbled upon a page that does not exist."

It worked, thank you for your assistance.

• Ubi-Woofer

My apologies, @gergid, I did not catch your reply to this!

Glad to have helped with deleting the topic. The forum developers have acknowledged the feedback I forwarded from you regarding topic deletion and the visibility to players / forum staff, so if they implement any updates to the system, I'll try to let you know in this thread as soon as possible! 🙂

In the meantime, if there are any threads or posts that you would like to see fully deleted, you are welcome to drop me a message or tag me and I'll do my best to help out. That goes for anyone using the forums - I'll be happy to evaluate any requests and see if I can help.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics