Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Asgardian02
    Original poster 1830 posts

So we arrived in England, Sigurd is gone and your there to establish alliances and conquer England.
    After Ganterbridge Randvi asks you to spend a day, which was quite a nice trip and i figured romance has been upgraded compared to Odyssey.
    When you get back in Ravensthorpe you can kiss he and make love, unfortunately after that there is no interaction anymore.

Never does Eivor mention to Sigurd somehow, its not even mentioned when Eivor becomes Jarl.
    It took forever after i freed sigurd for his story to continue, almost 30hours or something, thats a long time.
    Then you once after the feast that you are now the jarl Sigurd says that he resolved his marriage with Randvi, once again Eivor says nothing... 😞

Then you can only talk to Randvi to pledge for the next alliance, no meaningfull conversation, no nothing.
    Thats quite a disappointment after having played well over 140hours now, that thats all that transpires between the two.

Surely they could have undertaken another mission together or have some more talks?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asgardian02

Also i dont understand why Eivors bed/room is now not next to the room with the map on the table. Afterall he is now Jarl and with randvi.
    Minor characters during the story have had a marriage, so why not a ceremony for Eivor and Randvi?

• Kormac67
    415 posts

@asgardian02

after that there is no interaction anymore

You can take her to bed any time. Yeah, it's lame.

Never does Eivor mention to Sigurd somehow

Sigurd complains at some point, and if you did more bad things to him he
    spoiler

• hroozenbeek
    883 posts

@asgardian02 My Eivor did not fool around with her brother's wife, so things may be different for me, but in the end

spoiler

• DreadGrrl
    157 posts

@asgardian02 You’ll do a quest at some point in time where Randvi will give you a stasis update on her marriage, after she does that you’ll have the option to interact with her in a more “meaningful” way.

I still haven’t figured out how to mark spoilers,

• ImaginaryRuins
    241 posts

@dreadgrrl Spoilers are marked by that eye icon when replying to a message.

Anyway, romance has never seemed to be the strong suit in terms of storyline in the AC series, unlike Witcher 3. So personally I am not really disappointed by this.

My Eivor never romanced any character.

• Karloz1995
    207 posts

@asgardian02 i romanced randvi too, but after sigurd come i cant not longer intimate with her 😞 sadly as a male character i only know 2 females romance options and like 4 males romances options for male eivor.... i think im going to broke up with randvi and go for petra she looks okay, i liked randvi because even though she is as tall or more taller then eivor, she kind of the few females characters in this game that looks femenine

• DreadGrrl
    157 posts
  • Asgardian02

@karloz1995

indeed.

Whats also weird is that couldnt romance Soma, yet on my day out with Randvi she asks about it...

Btw Pedra is asking for my love every time i come near the hunters lodge, totally bugged.

Just as in odyssey i feel like they are really pushing the man on man romance stuff way to hard, basically every male i had encounters. For most of them i could romance, which i did not.
    However just as you say there are almost no female romance options.

Yes Witcher3 had some great romance options really well fleshed out.

Honestly i didnt expect much from Valhalla, the start of the main story with Randvi arc it looked promising, but in the end nothing happend for ages and ages, sometimes a hit for later,. but when later arrived still nothing, So pretty dissapointing all in all

• hroozenbeek
    883 posts

@asgardian02 I also was disappointed with the fact that you can't romance Soma. My Eivor has hooked up with Petra and we have been very happy together the entire game. 🙂

• Asgardian02

@hroozenbeek

haha, good to hear. doe you get to go out hunting or other trips after you have hooked up with her?

• Sam_Boo26
    125 posts

Most romance options are only flings, which is a bit disappointing. Randvi is a huge no for me, and I think that Tarben and Petra are too pointless to the story to romance them. Hytham is the one I'd really love to romance, and I also wish Vili wasn't a fling and a real romance instead.

• Asgardian02

@sam_boo26

playing a male eivor, and being a hetero man myself, i wont romance other males, just not so appealing for me.
    Some isnt the best looking but it could work.

Maybe teh Lady from Francia will reappear with the france dlc, that would be nice.

• hroozenbeek
    883 posts

@asgardian02 Yes, you have several options to spend time together (or break up). But being in a romantic relationship doesn't offer any new dialogue options when another character hits on you, which is a little bit disappointing. "No, Randvi, I will not sleep with you because I'm very much in love with Petra", that sort of thing. 😉 Little things like that would give somewhat more meaning to the relationships you can enter.

• Kormac67
    415 posts

@asgardian02 It's likely that she reappears, yeah. No idea if you can romance her again.

• Fimbulthulur
    62 posts

@asgardian02
    What else to expect from a leftist studio...?

Btw, the worst part is that the relationship with Randvi is the most boring one.
    You dont have any options to do any activities, like drinking, shooting and etc.

While Petra, for example, has them.
    Hope, they will fix it.

• Asgardian02

@fimbulthulur

yes its very boring, hence my post.

After odyssey i didnt expect mauc in the romance regard, but then was pleasantly surprised with the fact that randvi want to spend a day and that was quite fun, as was the hunt with petra.
    However then sigurd is back, and for like 30-50 hours there is no progression whatsoever, you cant kiss her do nothing with because sigurd is close by.
    yet never does sigurd even knows the relationship is happening nor is it ever mentioned. its just so super inconsistent that i just wonder why did they even implement it in the 1st place.

• hroozenbeek
    883 posts

@asgardian02 Whether or not you went along with Randvi's kiss does

spoiler

, but I agree that it has not been properly implemented. I'm not going to guess as to why they didn't flesh this out in a better way, but it is characteristic of the storytelling in Valhalla.

• Asgardian02

@hroozenbeek

in what way did it had an impact?
    I acted on taking a leationship with randvi very early on and never was there bad blood between me and sigurd due to me having an affair with his wife.

• hroozenbeek
    883 posts

@asgardian02

spoiler

As I said earlier, this was not implemented in the best possible way. They should have played it out a bit more.

Community details

Users
Topics