Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sam_Boo26
    152 posts

Most romance options are only flings, which is a bit disappointing. Randvi is a huge no for me, and I think that Tarben and Petra are too pointless to the story to romance them. Hytham is the one I'd really love to romance, and I also wish Vili wasn't a fling and a real romance instead.

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@sam_boo26

playing a male eivor, and being a hetero man myself, i wont romance other males, just not so appealing for me.
    Some isnt the best looking but it could work.

Maybe teh Lady from Francia will reappear with the france dlc, that would be nice.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 Yes, you have several options to spend time together (or break up). But being in a romantic relationship doesn't offer any new dialogue options when another character hits on you, which is a little bit disappointing. "No, Randvi, I will not sleep with you because I'm very much in love with Petra", that sort of thing. 😉 Little things like that would give somewhat more meaning to the relationships you can enter.

• Kormac67
    653 posts

@asgardian02 It's likely that she reappears, yeah. No idea if you can romance her again.

• Fimbulthulur
    64 posts

@asgardian02
    What else to expect from a leftist studio...?

Btw, the worst part is that the relationship with Randvi is the most boring one.
    You dont have any options to do any activities, like drinking, shooting and etc.

While Petra, for example, has them.
    Hope, they will fix it.

• Asgardian02

@fimbulthulur

yes its very boring, hence my post.

After odyssey i didnt expect mauc in the romance regard, but then was pleasantly surprised with the fact that randvi want to spend a day and that was quite fun, as was the hunt with petra.
    However then sigurd is back, and for like 30-50 hours there is no progression whatsoever, you cant kiss her do nothing with because sigurd is close by.
    yet never does sigurd even knows the relationship is happening nor is it ever mentioned. its just so super inconsistent that i just wonder why did they even implement it in the 1st place.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 Whether or not you went along with Randvi's kiss does

spoiler

, but I agree that it has not been properly implemented. I'm not going to guess as to why they didn't flesh this out in a better way, but it is characteristic of the storytelling in Valhalla.

• Asgardian02

@hroozenbeek

in what way did it had an impact?
    I acted on taking a leationship with randvi very early on and never was there bad blood between me and sigurd due to me having an affair with his wife.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02

spoiler

As I said earlier, this was not implemented in the best possible way. They should have played it out a bit more.

• karen4964
    12 posts

I have completed all the regions and Randvi still stands at that table. You would think that after completing all the regions she could have more of a life. She should be able to go on a raid or two and do more activities than just that table. She could still do her intel stuff in the background. Since Eivor broke up with Petra her note says she still wants to be friends and go on hunts but her actions show otherwise won’t even speak or acknowledge Eivor. I do not like the thought that Loki is riding around in Eivor either... that just sucks!

spoiler

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 Did you not have the romance options when clicking on Randvi after bringing Sigurd back?

I'm fairly certain I did, and it felt really weird, as Sigurd was in the room next door. Also, when Tarben hit on me, I had the option to turn him down or say I am in a relationship.

I ended up breaking up with Randvi and going for the baker. I had no desire to get caught up in the drama of nabbing my bro's wife, and I'm still annoyed they forced us into a specific romance I had no interest in at all in Odyssey.

Anyway, at that point she says something along the lines of, break up with me and there's no turning back, but then I got the option to hit on her again later in spite of being shacked up with Tarben, so the game clearly just wants us to romance her.

The only romance options in the game that interested me were one night stands, so I won't bother with romance when I replay.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

well for the entire time that sigurd was back after you freed him (which was almost 50 hours before the story continued) the romance options didnt work.
    When you wanted to kiss of or take her to bed, she would say not now with sigurd back home...

Also after having spend the night together at the tower, with randvi, grabbing a kiss or going to bed (shaking against the table in truth) that got boring real fast.

As i said in my opening in this thread, after that 1st day out together you never do anything like that anymore in the entire game, so a major dissapointment truly.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 Oh I see. I didn't realise she turns you down if you select those options, but since Sigurd is always right there, it would be weird. Maybe they should have made the trip to Norway happen shortly after that.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

trip to norway didnt trigger for me until i completed roughly 50hours more of the game,

some minor characters got entire weddings in th egame, but me main the character didnt get one, didnt even get more day trips with randvi or more to talk about.

After every mission she said we will talk later, but those talks never happend

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 Well, a 'formal' wedding between Eivor and Randvi would be impossible in the historical context of this game since Eivor can be (and canonically is) female. Offering a male alternative for Randvi doesn't work either, as we've seen with Odyssey's first DLC...

My guess is that the wedding of Gunnar and Brigid was devised by the developers as a way to include a wedding feast for some closure, without involving the major characters.

• Asgardian02

@hroozenbeek

the game constantly limits itself by trying to be historical accurate and yet its still a fantasy game as well.

so boring

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 That is, of course, the premise of the entire AC franchise. But this particular issue is a consequence of the RPG-road they've taken. In earlier games (e.g. Ezio in AC II, or Jacob and Evie in Syndicate) it was (or would have been) not an issue.

• Asgardian02

@hroozenbeek

i never delved deep into what the franchise stands for, dont really care. When odyssey just came out i got that game for free with my new monitor then. Since i always liked ancient greece, its history and everything about that frame and also since i really like melee combat game is was nice chance to to try it out.
    Ddidnt like layla side story and the isu crap though, didnt like that in valhalla either, thank god layla died (not really she sits in the system)

many complaints voiced here most likely be gone if they wouldnt stick so accurately to history facts. I mean they can just say based/inspired on history and move on.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 For me, it was the pseudo-historical context that arose my interest in the AC franchise. I like how the games give the historical facts a twist with the Templar-Assassin (and now Order-Hidden Ones) controversy and the Isu-backstory behind that. These games in fact provoked my interest in other combat-oriented (RPG / open world) games. In my humble opinion, a certain degree of historical accuracy (such as the fate of Aelfred) is a requirement for an AC game. 🙂

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @dreadgrrl Spoilers are marked by that eye icon when replying to a message.

Anyway, romance has never seemed to be the strong suit in terms of storyline in the AC series, unlike Witcher 3. So personally I am not really disappointed by this.

My Eivor never romanced any character.

And here you go again stop comparing Valhalla with one of the worst games ever.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics