ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• JiminiFrog
    Original poster 6 posts

Hi,

I just found out that you could get a tattoo called Ymir Scream during the "Family Matters" mission, at the very beginning of the game. I totally missed it and finished the story so I would like to know if there is another way to get it, and if there's not, could a future update add that possibility for those who didn't get it?

undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1710 posts

@jiminifrog wow - I had no idea about this - anyone got anything?

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2571 posts

Hey,

I don't see any other ways to get this from the information that I have, but I'll ask and put a suggestion forward to make it available in other ways if it's not, as I know it would be disappointing to have to start over to get it.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1710 posts

@ubi-froggard

thanks

disappointing to say the least!

I'm maximum power and have about 700 mastery points having played for [insert four-figure number] hours

the point I'd like to stress is that it's very easy to miss it, this probably applies to a lot of players

• TheNorfolkian
    1291 posts

@jiminifrog @SpirantCrayon22 I remember that quest... it’s how I have the Ymir Scream chest tattoo since the game launched. I was not aware it was possible to skip that quest and end up not getting it. Very weird.

@Ubi-Froggard Can you please confirm that we are supposed to receive the full Ymir Scream set with TU 1.5.2, not just the chest tattoo? I do not have the missing set tats still after the update.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6041 posts

You're welcome, @SpirantCrayon22! I apologise for any disappointment that's been caused. I've also contacted our dedicated teams to see if we can get more information on how to collect the other parts of the Ymir's Scream tattoo set.

Once we have more information to share, we'll let you know within the forums, so please keep an eye out.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SidSixT
    94 posts

@thenorfolkian The quest objective for "Family Matters" was to speak to the blacksmith and upgrade a bearded axe. This served as the in-game tutorial for weapon upgrades. The quest offered optional interactions with other members of the settlement. I believe one of these was giving Tove an archery lesson, for which she rewarded Eivor with the Ymir Scream tattoo. It's possible to complete the quest without this interaction and reward.

Like you, I have the chest tattoo and am curious how update 1.5.2 will add pieces of the set. I checked at the tattoo shop and did not find anything new there.

I just checked the Rewards page to see if we would have to spend Ubisoft Credits to complete the set (remember Adrestia Shields?), but the tattoos are not there.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1710 posts

@sidsixt yes, that's the stuff I saw in the videos, doing the shooting - makes me wonder now what else I missed back then; I tend to be very thorough so am surprised how it slipped by

• TheNorfolkian
    1291 posts

@sidsixt Oh yeah, now I remember that... it never occurred to me that one could skip it. I was going for being a completionist and did everything I could find.

In another thread, Ubi-Borealis has noted that the issue with the rest of the tattoo set is being looked into. I suspect that the ‘fix’ meant new players could get the full set once completing the ‘Family Matters’ quest... but for those of us who have long since completed it, they’ll probably have to retroactively release them.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for taking the time to share your own experience, @SidSixT!

I believe I was able to unlock the Ymir's Scream chest tattoo myself during "Family Matters" by completing the archery challenge, though I'm not sure how the other parts of the set were supposed to be acquired originally - whether this was also from Tove or from completing another objective. To my knowledge, the additional pieces should be available in-game, though, not via Ubisoft Connect rewards.

Once the dedicated teams reach out with us with more details about this tattoo set, and how to acquire the other pieces, we'll let you know within the forums.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I apologise for the double post. I've received an update regarding the Ymir's Scream tattoo set, so I wanted to let you all know about this.

Upon further investigation, it looks like this set hasn't been added to the game as intended with the release of TU 1.5.2. The dedicated teams are now investigating this further. I've also shared this update in the thread linked by @TheNorfolkian.

Any future updates regarding this set will be made available within patch notes published within the News & Announcements forum, so please keep an eye out for these.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics