Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Acid_Villain
    Original poster 40 posts

@asgardian02 just one thing tho.. ac odyssey had nine diff endings depending on how sometimes just dialogue choices you make so not sure what you meant there.. not a dig, just confused

• Acid_Villain
    Original poster 40 posts

@gentester dude, thanks so much for taking the time to write that. Especially what you said about other friends coming in on w3 and being turned off so I'm fully convinced now to push through the learning curve cos I can tell the story is gonna be epic.

Regarding 2077 , are those friends playing it on PC or consoles? The issues are on console and without sounding arrogant I hope, you are def misinformed a out the state of CDPR. The might still have lots playing but they are losing Billons.. there are expect game podcasters who can break down how unprecedented and bad the situation is for that company.. their cofounder was basically crying while simultaneously lying about not seeing the problems on there end during a 5 min vid where the 1st min is great cos he says it was entirely the boards fault for rushing the release and taking some.of the heat off the devs.. but then proceeds to contradict himself blatantly for 4 mins cos he's under so much stress.. especially in relation to the excuse they couldn't see the issues on their end and when you see the roadmap image its kindblowing how much they rushed this.. the poor dude looks like someone in a terrorist hostage video it's actually tough to watch. But please dont take my word for it. Just check out the gaming expert podcasters on youtube. Especially this guy MrMattyPlays who breaks down all the issues and has another podcaster with four other experts and they articulate the situation way better than I ever could. Are you allowed send links to youtube on a ubisoft comment thread or will that be a ban haha I'm a complete noob to forums despite being a relatively old gamer haha

• Acid_Villain
    Original poster 40 posts

I complained to Ubisoft enough but credit where it is due with update 2.1 today.
    https://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/assassins-creed-valhalla-update-2-10-patch-notes/
    The volume of things addressed in one update at least shows they were seeing our complaints (not excusing Ubisoft's silence) but the link is to an article with all improvements and issues/bugs addressed, in this update and it's pretty nice to read how much they fixed in a fairly small update r.e data size. Still have complaints but also I gotta be balanced and give credit when it's due.

• Acid_Villain
    Original poster 40 posts

@gentester great reply and thanks again for taking the time for the feedback. If it helps there is a falcon available in the stables of any settlement of valhalla after a certain stage in the game. You probably already know this but figured I'd say it just in case. Lol and yeah f*** ravens.. although I do like the white one admittedly.

R.e read dead I can totally understand why those kind of moments that you can see what the devs have done ahead of time being infuriating.. I think I'm just less bothered my stuff like that and more impressed by the overall feeling I get from the game.. something about read dead just felt like I could truly feel immersed with the story and characters on a legit emotional level like I was 10 again playing ocarina of time on the n64. It also looks glorious imo compared to a lot of hdr games plus also I actually bought a ps4pro only 2 years ago so only played read dead after any issues were patched.. if there were any I'm not sure? One thing you gotta give Rockstar credit for is their a ability to constantly revolutise aspects of the gaming world, having an insanely high level sense of humour with regards IRL stuff even when you just listen to the radio news in GTA. Red dead though for me was a storytelling masterpiece withing games and their decision to make it GTA like cheats which are part of what makes GTA fun often available, but making it impossible to save with cheats on like read dead one allowed so they made an un-Rockstar expected move cos they new not having cheats would truly make read dead 2 the experience it's supposed to be and make you really want to go out and do random things to make money to get a particular gun and things like that and I just think they got the balance perfect for what I want from a game.. but again I am in no way the level of RPG fan/expert most people on this forum are, so take everything I say with that pinch of salt. I mean to put things in perspective of how diverse my gaming interests are. My greatest gaming achievement was breaking the top 50 in the world on the ps4 network with Pro Evolution Soccer 😅

• Acid_Villain
    Original poster 40 posts

@gentester apologies I got confused whether I was replying to you or @Asgardian02 there but the message applies in large parts to both of your great responses which I appreciate. Cheers to you both for the witcher3 feedback.
    its cos of various things ye have said that I needed to hear that now I realise I have an epic fully patched *game of its year* just sitting there with only 3/4 hours of it played so basically feels.like I bought a brand new game thanks to you both convincing me it's worth fushing through the learning curve for someone who doesnt usually enjoy RBGs with that amount of scale and choice. Much appreciated 😁✊

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@acid_villain

I understand, however i dont care fro being a cowboy although i have read many western books in my youth. I just dont like shooting games be it with bow or pistol or other.
    One exception in this is Doom as that is one of the 1st video games i played back in the day and i treated myself with Doom Eternal this year. Its just a lot of nostalgia, even though i had fun its a really really intense game and i couldnt play more then 1-2hours tops in one session. So its just not my sort of game in general, but i had lots of fun notheless. The replayability with Doom is the fact thats easy to play but really really hard to master. Increasing the difficulty really means you have to start playing on a different level and takes ages to master. I really miss that in ac games.

However Reddead is just not my cup of tea. I play a warrior type in all games. In wow which i played 3 years i only played warrior 🙂 In diablo3 i only played barbarian nothing else. Hope D4 will be great. I also heard TitanQuest is making a new game, i had lots of fun in that game as well.

• Acid_Villain
    Original poster 40 posts

@asgardian02 have you played ghost of tushima? I have only recently heard it's good from a few people and havent done much research on what the gameplay is like or anything or if it's a full rpg with huge choice and scale or if it's closer to my preferences i.e red dead? I'm not bothered whether its shooting or melee based in any game I must treat all games individually and dont have as specific preferences but I have many friends like you in terms of what they like out of a game. Like i love the infinity ward modern warfare single mode or multiplayer which I'm guessing you look down on with disdain 😅
    When it comes to games like ac or witcher or any game where the game gives you equal choice between long range it melee I am 100% with you.. I hate casting spells and in ac games I completely avoid all fire/poison skills even cos I just want to get in close with brutal hand weapons and up close fighting. I rarely even use the arrow in ac to take out enemies from a distance with stealth and mostly only as part of mixing up my up close combat moments as much as possible to avoid to relative kill cut scenes. I actually think individually those moments could have been great as they're animated really nicely and there is some nice A.I reaction in finishers sometimes depending on if a second enemy is attacking you from behind or something during a kill sequence you can see how river reacts slightly differently to combine the extra enemy into a kill sequence that has already begun, which I though 2as pretty nice from the devs, and some of the ways the weapons all work differently when duel wielding and teting different weapon combinations has some really nice elements but youre right.. those moments are way too few so become repetitive very quickly.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@acid_villain
    Ghost of tushime is for console players only i believe?
    I play only on pc.

Diablo3 is still a very good game, but i have invested over 3000 hours in that spread across the last 10 years and at some point it just became more of the same to me.
    In W3 i am same as you didnt use any spells, xbow just rarely and mainly like to switch between silver and steel sword in combination with alchemy.
    Liked odyssey a lot but became stale at a certain point due to really misisng endgame content. Hope they would fix that in valhalla, instead there is nothing.
    In between good melee game i like to also play gwent, used to play hearthstone for ages but that just became to expensive and just to greedy, where as in gwent you can easily play without spending.
    In valhalla i only use the bow from horseback to hunt animals down, the ones you can get in 1shot. Boars, wolfs and the big ones i kill melee instead.

The biggest nuissance in valhalla right now are the crazy slow finisher moves that really slow down combat and if you kill a lot they are the same over and over and the ai is just so dumb, the other enemies just stand still.
    So now i use a rune: ignite your weapon with fire on chc, since fire kills enemies fast, and i stop hitting them when they are close to death just to avoid those finisher moves.

• Acid_Villain
    Original poster 40 posts

@asgardian02 ahhh that explains a lot about what you a differ in terms of preference. I'm strictly a console player. I understand now why detailed technical stuff is more fun for you. 100% with you r.e the Valhalla finishers and a.i.. they could at least change the camera angles or something.. my biggest issue is the lack of places to attack with big groups of enemies. I found the battles in odyssey became repetitive and nonsensical after a while so I was hoping it would be the new type of contact which I prefer overall to odyssey in terms of cinematography and the extra gore but was hoping I could do it with 20+ enemies attacking me at the same time instead of these stupid raids where entire forts are protected in groups of 3/4 soldiers at a time.. plus the imbalance of resources when you are post story and fully leveled up is so stupid.. you have a pointlessly high amount of iron and leather but never enough titanium to max out all the outfits you unlock throughout the game.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@acid_villain

Well it weird that you get supplies by the abundance, but just enough raw materials to get your sttlement to lvl6. Iron is a problem, i really am farming for that.
    Silver drops to slow as well, but then you have glitches to duplicated runes and earn money.

I am with you on the low amount of enemies all around. Given that its a combat game i really wished at least on hardest that much more enemies would attack you.
    Now you you really have to make an effort to find a few. It was a problem in Odyssey too, and i just wished that would have improved upon those things that were lacking in odyssey to make valhalla truly great.

To me it seems all these different studios dont communicate with each other and if they do they are just to arrogant to even listen to each other.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics