Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Acid_Villain
    Original poster 40 posts

Ubisoft should give massive *Atlantis sized* future Valhalla dlc add on for free as compensation at this stage..

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@acid_villain i doubt they would do that, but i wouldnt mind if they add one handed sword as compensation

• Acid_Villain
    Original poster 40 posts

@karloz1995 yeah of course they wont, but the fact that there are bugs preventing people from finishing main story missions aside from the countless other issues and the conplete lack of customer support made me want to put that out there as a statement. Cyberpunk customers who pre ordered got refunds and I hate that company way more than ubisoft.. I know the valhalla is way better and way less flawed than 2077, there should definitely be some free post game arcs at least.. theres F**k all to do when you finish the game in the open world as it is.. and nowhere near enough raids and battle situations in the game to give it longevity post story. It's a better game in almost every way than odyssey but at least in odyssey you could still go taking out forts full of enemies and causing conquest battles to yer hearts content. Even though it makes no sense lol.. I still felt like I could keep playing odyssey for months after finishing cos I enjoyed free roam and never ending combat after the story.. with valhalla being literally nothing left to do now.. I want an atlantis sized free dlc add on soon, where they expand norway or something and you get to take over it.. even if it makes no historical sense.. who cares.. Ubisoft owes us,
    Ps why does your profile say banned? Wanna make sure I dont do whatever you did lol. I'm new to game forums tbh

• Netspook
    261 posts

I already have the ultimate edition, and will get all the announced DLCs. But to me it doesn't matter if I only got those or 1000 more "Atlantis sized" DLCs, since I won't be able to play them. Gamebreaking bugs are preventing me from getting anywhere in the main game.

First it was the horrible save bug, which erased all my saves. Started a new game after wasting 37 hours on first round, then after ONLY 1 HOUR the progress halted AGAIN, this time because I can't talk with main quest NPCs in Norway.

I do hope they fix the game, but the patch mid-December didn't do much at all, and there is complete silence from Ubi about potential future fixes, therefore I'd prefer a refund instead.

Btw, getting banned is for breaking forum rules, and are usually short bans. He'll be back, unless it was some extreme reason, or the last of multiple bans. Stick to the rules and you'll be fine.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@acid_villain

i am sorry but CD project red is a better company in everyway even though they messed up with cyberpunk, for one their games arent filled with MTX's
    Wicther3 evn though 6 yeals old is still better then valhalla ever will be

• Acid_Villain
    Original poster 40 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Acid_Villain
    Original poster 40 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Acid_Villain
    Original poster 40 posts

@asgardian02 Admittedly my opinion of the Witcher 3 is bias as I'm not into full on RBGs like skyrim or the witcher. Too much time consuming, uninteresting inventory and imo terrible combat mechanics compared to action RPGs like red dead 2 which I think is the perfect balance for my taste.
    I didnt mean to imply ubisoft was a better company either. I think they are both a joke at this point in relation to how they treat their customers. Also anyone with a basic knowledge of budgets r.e game development should have seen 2077 being a complete disaster. Rather than spending money on making a functional game, the amount of money being spent on advertising, sponsoring the UFC, whatever NEO Reeves got paid etc etc should have been massive red flags for everyone and especially blows my mind how investors didnt see this coming. In fairness how often to you hear of mass refunds for such a hyped game, and CDPR's response and literal lies has put their reputation in the dog house forever now. Just my opinion, you def know more about RPGs than me but when it comes to gaming generally I'm more interested in feeling immersed and the gameplay mechanics & graphics.. the conpletely unrealistic combat and overbearing inventory related/character & gear ugrading aspects in a lot of the full RPGs immediately makes me feel like the game is a chore and I cant feel immersed in the way I like to enjoy games. To put it in perspective my favourite games of all time are read dead 2 and ocarina of time on n64. So to say the witcher is better than another is fair in one sense but also not because the enjoyment of a game is different depending on the person unless it's just a proper terrible game. I know 90% of people will agree the witcher 3 is better.. I also know 90% of people who listen to music in general think radio pop music is better than jazz music so it's really just about what your personal taste is on this one.

• Acid_Villain
    Original poster 40 posts

@asgardian02 also.. news just out that the polish government is considering legal action against CDPR relating to consumer rights and further negative developments with the CDPR stock.. this is unprecedented r.e a major game production company screwing up so bad.. I dont see them recovering from this is you have governments of foreign countries resorting to consumer rights legal action against them.. nevermind a super patch. They might not ever have the funds to even make a credible game to redeem themselves after this. It's much bigger then just the problems with the game. It's about how they misled and lied tocomsumers and investors. They're done.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@acid_villain

havent bought cyberpunk myself. Plan on doing so in a later state, a si never buy games anymore upon release.

I do play gwent though, its free to play and yes you can spend real money too.
    However the mechanics are very generous. I havent spend a dime yet and through playing the game i have already collected 900 cards, been able to reach pro rank within 6weeks of playing.

comparing that to hearhstone where they release 6 new expansions each year.. :9 stopped playing that garbage though, blizzard has become to greedy. Might play d4 at some point but will have to wait and see.

back to the topic on hand though, i think its kinda unfair that playstation removed cyberpunk yet let valhalla stay which is full of bugs

• Acid_Villain
    Original poster 40 posts

@asgardian02 I see where you're coming from completely, but the bugs in Valhalla as bad as they are/were, pale in comparison to the problems with Cyberpunk. There are unfixable problems with Cyberpunk that are beyond patches.. Like elements of gameplay and driving mechanics are insanely terrible and even some of the writing is terrible which is surprising considering the trailer which seemed like it was gonna be an epic storyline .
    You should check out the video on youtube where a guy shows a side by side of a car falling into water in a ps3 version of one of the GTA games and compares it to driving into water in ps4 Cyberpunk.. its staggering how bad it is.. they would need to rebuild the entire game imo not even mods can save it. Also there has been very little mainstream backlash from Valhalla fans and it reached xmas no1 with 1% the advertising as Cyberpunk and ubisoft not getting sued by polish goverment so to be fair.. I dont see why ps4 would pull Valhalla.
    I loved it and still playing it. Story and characters were way way better than previous A/C games albeit not as long as it could have been. But DLC hopefully will be good and they have announced another patch coming soon which will fix almost all issues some ppl are having plus most of the bugs early got fixed pretty quickly and I got through it with almost no bugs luckily I just like to poke fun at ubisoft. 99% of what I say on this is tongue in cheek.

On a separate matter I'd actually like some advice on the witcher 3 r.e the best way to approach it, I think I mentioned I'm really not into Full On RBGs cos they always feel clunky and gameplay feels really lacking in smoothness in most but obviously it won game of the year for a reason I'm not seeing.. I have it sitting there and only played a few hours and found it so dull and since I'm not a true RPG player.. as soon as I opened the inventory and realised how much alchemy and all that was involved + with the confusing layout I just felt turned off straight away feeling like it would take 200 hours just to get to grips with how to make it fun. Again that's my own issue with RBGs generally but i desperately want to enjoy given the reviews across the board. Is it just that I'm not meant for that type of rpg or is it a game that really develops and becomes easy to get to grips with. I'm a noob r.e full RPGs like elder scrolls/skyrim etc. So any advice r.e the witcher is greatly appreciated.

• Netspook
    261 posts
    @asgardian02 I see where you're coming from completely, but the bugs in Valhalla as bad as they are/were, pale in comparison to the problems with Cyberpunk.

Sorry, but I think that's complete rubbish. Because the problems you list for CP2077 are not gamebreaking, while Valhalla has plenty.

• Acid_Villain
    Original poster 40 posts

@netspook
    Respectfully, let me teach you a little lesson. I think you got stuck with a lot of the bugs that were extreme ones that i encountered none of in my 250+ hours Valhalla gameplay. I never had a save issue or anything near the level of issues you described. Just the common ones reported like the odd random mystery glitching which all got fixed and two particular fish they forgot to add haha.. I've finished the entire game, all arcs so I never encountered a game breaking bug. I'm aware there are some ppl who have but they are not the common complaints since patches have fixed a lot issues and ubisoft did announce the other day that another patch is coming and they addressed every issue still being complained about.
    On the other hand.. 2077 is not just full of game breaking bugs and general awful mechanics which aren't even bugs, just bad game production.
    I'm clearly not talking "rubbish" if the Polish Government are taking CDPR to court on consumer rights issues.. 2077 is not just full of game breaking bugs.. it's a broken game that is flawed beyond fixing. As you previously stated, you put valhalla aside after the issue where you lost 34 hours, which obviously would really annoy anyone.. so perhaps your opinion is slightly bias due to your current frustration with valhalla. Which I would understand. But please dont tell me I'm talking rubbish, especially when I'm simply stating facts. Google the latest issues for CDPR & 2077. As I said.. the Polish Government is talking legal action(unprecedented in gaming history) and they are having huge issues with investors. They have finally admitted many of the issues can't be patched and will need mods to have a chance of fixing, while simultaneously saying a massive patch is coming in "a few months".(more lies from CDPR).
    I havent seen a game cause so much controversy for its failings in history and maybe I need to say it a 3rd time for it sink in.. The Goverment of an entire European Country is talking legal action r.e consumer rights. Do you realistically think CDPR can bounce back from this and gain trust of investors for future big games, nevermind consumer trust. I'm not going to say you are talking rubbish, as that is not a discussion, it's petty, anonymity based, keyboard warrior, agro disrespect that I can guarantee you wouldn't speak to be IRL. You Sir, are entitled to your opinion 100%, and I am all for "discussions and debate". So of you want to speak or debate respectfully the way you would if we were *face to face* I'm happy to debate and potentially learn something from you. But when you come out the gate saying I'm talking rubbish, you are probably subconsciously trying to start some youtube comment section nonsense or just have some stress in your own life you need to sort out. I'm too old for that. I am not a child. I like discussions and interesting debates. But... if that's how you conduct yourself IRL, your attempt at discussion would result in a face breaking glitch where I come from. So with that all said. Please refrain from commenting on anything I post. 🤫😉

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@acid_villain

every game has a learning game.

Sure you can play w3 on easy but that leaves most of the cool stuff out then, as you dont need alchemy on easy.
    If you play on hardest setting however you really nee dto read everything on monsters, prepare for fights and so on.

every game has a build up, i mean you start with almost no abilities and you slowly progress and get stronger.
    When i 1st gopt doom eternal it was too much for me, when i picked it up 6months later i pushed myself through the 1st 10hours and became to love it.
    Its easy to learn but difficult to master, there are so many layers in that game and its awesome to see how u get better and better.

I mean you hand and eye coordination needs time to adjust to a new game as well. Get the feel for the layout and so and so forth.

• Acid_Villain
    Original poster 40 posts

@acid_villain wow, what a coincidence. The head of the board of CDPR has been first to put out a 5 min video taking accountability for rushing the game and taking responsibility of failure away from the developers.. which is a first in gaming history and in the first minute it sounded nice, the following 4 mins are a complete contradiction of the first min. Multiple high profile game review youtubers have broken down the video that the head of CDPR was basically forced to put out.. they all articulate how much this video exposes just how much they continue to lie about the reasons and when you see the roadmap and realise the level they are behind. People playing on console will now have to wait for the end of 2021 for a major patch that even still wont guarantee a fix for most of the issues. This just get worse and worse for the company and any faith people will have for them in the future. CD-Project Dead*

• Acid_Villain
    Original poster 40 posts

@asgardian02 appreciate that feedback big time. That's how I approach all games I think I'm just not into that level of RPG stuff if that makes sense. But from what you described specifically r.e the witcher has won me over to push through the learning period as from what you've described it's worth me getting past my distaste for games that go too far into stuff like alchemy and having to research monsters, even though I fully respect how cool that his for full on RPGs rather than action RPGs like red dead and the most recent god of war which are more my cup of tea in terms of what I enjoy in terms of general gaming experience. But thanks again for that reply cos you perfectly addressed my main issue which was wondering if the learning curve was worth the pay off, which you've convinced me it is. Much appreciated 👌👊

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@acid_villain

I never played red dead nor will i try it. I really just dig fighting in melee combat style, i know its harder vs ranged in most games, but i like the challenge and the feel of it.
    My wife is always mad at me for playing g ames, but i see it as playing the lead role in a book but actually being part of the world and making decisions.

Also choices you make in conversation in w3 have actual impact on the world and on alliances unlike ac games, which is really cool and add a better replay ability.
    Playing on hardest setting might be scary at 1st, but it really forces you way better to thinbk about the possibilities and how to approach certain situations. Where as when u play on easy u can just button smash through the game and you will miss out on a lot.
    So i can totally recommend that. As far as armor you can make the sets work, but as in most games just go for chc and chd that works best.

• gentester
    64 posts

@acid_villain

Regarding Witcher 3. I'm a witcher fan and played all three games just to let you know :). However I have many friends who came into the franchise at Witcher 3 and were not familiar. They all had the same issues you are describing. From things I was saying and others they took the plunge and pushed through the learning curve and now without exception they all love the game. Once it clicks with you its a joy to play. PS I seldom bother too much about the alchemy, you can make a handful of potions and bombs which deal with almost every basic situation and not get too swamped with choices and once that clicks with you the rest of it just comes naturally as the game progresses. Same with the monsters, they don't throw them all at you all at once , you find new ones by progressing so the research on them is spread out and seems natural
    Cyberpunk 2077 still has thousands playing it, still one of the highest figures and CDPR and their investors might not have made oodles of dosh off of it but they aren't hurting either. I think it was a question of too much hype. They have already pushed out a lot of fixes and from previous experience with their other games they will continue to do so. From what I understand from people who have played it it doesn't have game breaking bugs, you don't get stopped in your tracks. Just niggles and gremlins which they will doubtless iron out and its missing some features which again they will probably add it as and when they can get them working. I have friends on 3rd playthroughs of it so it can't be that bad 🙂

Regarding UBI and AC. Well I played a few of the early games and came back to the series properly with Origins and Odyssey. Valhalla was a bit of a disappointment to me really, I'm one of those who was lucky enough to push through the main game without hitting a bug which stopped me in my tracks due to a long habit of making multiple hard saves and therefore usually being able to go back and try again but some things were ridiculously frustrating when you did exactly the same and took three + goes at it before it would actually complete a quest etc I don't think there were many quests I managed to get through first time without doing at least one save and reload due to its bad habit of not completing a quest which worked perfectly up till that point. Quest required NPC's being killable is ridiculous for example. But I managed - still can't complete the entire game due to some daft thing with a talking pig that doesn't but that's a world event not the main game so its liveable with if annoying.
    But it seems to me that Valhalla is missing the level of polish that Odyssey had and even Origins felt more 'finished' overall. I feel many games companies were hard hit by covid lock downs etc but still for some reason felt they had to rush out unpolished games, no idea why, it wasn't as if their audience could go anywhere.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@gentester

biggest problem with valhalla that they didnt take all the great things that mady odyssey a succes and improve on that further.
    Instead of that they just left many great stuff just out.

Like the transmog system, the improved bird visioen, smooth and fast combat. (watching the same finishers over and over in slomo is really tiresome in valhalla.
    there si more stuff but i already mentioned that in other posts.

As for the Witcher 3, when you play on easy you dont need to botther with many of alchemy and such, but if you play Hardest setting you really need all the stuff and that really makes the game itself more fun.
    Afcourse at a certain point ur unstoppable but that takes some time and practice.

• gentester
    64 posts

@asgardian02

Reading back on your previous . I'm with you on Red Dead. I tried it , gave it a good shot and was ridiculously bored by feeling railroaded into playing things the way the developers wanted instead of doing what i wanted to do. As one example - I'm not daft, I could see an ambush coming but the game wouldn't let me avoid it and that sort of thing infuriates me. So I just stopped playing. I guess it was too linear for my taste, a failing AC has as well but its much less obvious.
    And yeah I play Witcher 3 on the hardest difficulty but my point was that most of the necessary research progresses as the game progresses, you aren't forced into doing a ton of research straight out the starting gates and can manage with quite low levels of research initially, it's a natural progression that doesn't make itself into a chore unless that's what you want to do. I play mainly swords and signs though and alchemy even at the highest ;levels of difficulty isn't as important as it probably should be lol As an example - I still forget to put the relevant oils on my sword sometimes but then to compensate I carry an extra sword of each type as fully levelled as my main one, so it doesn't matter, I just switch out swords 🙂
    And I want the bird back from Odyssey or even Origins. raven is pointless.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics