ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1938 posts

In low lvl areas you get 2-3silver from chest, but this amount doesnt change once you lvl up or get into higher areas.
    Its such a pain to accumulate a little bit of silver and from completing quests you dont get much either.

In Odyssey at least you got more and more the higher thje areas you were in.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Janer64
    19 posts

@asgardian02
    Odyssey was way to easy, this game at least you have to think and work harder, plenty of silver to be had.

• Quor321
    232 posts

Ya I have brought this up a few times in various threads. It is sad when these monestaries with such riches only drop 1 silver in a chest. Then right next to it you can break a crate or open a bread basket and get 7 silver. It's so stupid.

In low level zones chests should drop a few hundred silver. In high level zones thousands.

The settlement should be more then a cosmetic hub, it should give passive income from trade, taxes and so on.

Pick pocket the rich should be a thing that is repeatable.

• Asgardian02

@janer64

no offence, but valhalla is easier in almost every other regard. Playing on Drengr and could already beat lvl190 enemies when i was lvl100.
    Also whats the fun in abusing glithes just to get ahead silver wise? Feeding beggars silver to get runes and such.

Its just not on right that you get the same amount no matter what.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@asgardian02 I never ran out of silver, and I didn't take any time to grind, I just explored the world, and opened all of the chests. So I think the rate is just fine.

• DuskDragon56496
    399 posts

@ziggurcat So what would be the harm in increasing it ?

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@duskdragon56496 No harm at all, but there's a difference between need and want. They simply don't need to raise the amount. Sell off all of your trinkets, sell off all of the materials you get from hunting animals (they're useless once you turn in everything to the Hunter), sell off any unnecessary fish you have in your inventory, sell off any runes you know you'll never use. You'll get plenty of silver that way.

Frankly I could buy out all of the remaining cosmetics in the merchant's shop, and still have several thousand silver left over with nothing to spend it on except titanium or tungsten, and even then I have upgraded all of he armour I plan on ever wearing.

• Asgardian02

@ziggurcat

i havent been able to get any of the rewards in the shop due to the fact that its just to expensive.

why even make these rewards when you cant buy it.

You need silver to stock up leather, you need it to buy diamond runes and greater runes, as they hardly drop in the world and many that drop are useless anyway.

The proportion in which youi get silver is totally off, it should slightly increase while you lvl up and get to more difficult areas, instead though the amount stays the same.
    Thats just not okay.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@asgardian02

"i havent been able to get any of the rewards in the shop due to the fact that its just to expensive."

That's simply not true. I had no trouble affording any of that stuff. You're just not being diligent enough with looting houses/bodies/camps/etc...

"You need silver to stock up leather..."

If you open all of the chests, you get way more leather than you'll ever need. Not once did I spend silver on leather. Same with iron ore. My current stock of leather and iron ore is: 19862 leather / 11983 iron ore and none of it was purchased from the merchant, and none of it was the result of farming. It was all from opening the chests that don't count towards the Wealth in an area, and the occasional hunting for the materials to turn in to the Hunter in Ravensthorpe.

"... you need it to buy diamond runes and greater runes..."

Those drop like candy from higher level enemies.

"The proportion in which youi get silver is totally off..."

It's not, though. In my 200 hours, never did I have to stop to search for silver.

"... it should slightly increase while you lvl up and get to more difficult areas..."

Maybe, but if you spend the time to explore the world, you'll acquire more than enough silver.

• Asgardian02

@ziggurcat

i am sorry dude, but you make a ton of assupmtions right there.

Maybe you'r satisfied with just getting two weapons to mythical and a 1gear set.

I on the other hand have all sets on mythical and full upgraded and now working on getting all weapons upgraded.
    That takes a lot of rescources. I loot everything and open every chest. My priority has been on upping gear not getting fancy stuff from the shops.

however the silver droprate is too low. My best way of getting silver is by giving silver to beggars and thgen selling the runes. Its a very boring m ethod though, one i find it hard to believe it was inted even or about which the devs though: now thats a fun way to play and get silver.

also its not like the world is filled with enemies to slay, i mean its to sad that in drengr there arent more enemies, but a camp holds max 5-6 soldiers and only elites sometimes drops a rune.
    Yesterday i been farming tungston and killed dozens of elites and after 3 hours, they dropped like2 runes.

• DuskDragon56496
    399 posts

@ziggurcat Dude I don't know what game your playing but it sure doesn't seem like Valhalla, I'm almost finished the game and the only thing I've bought from the store are titanite rocks and I have exactly 15.424 silver, that's pretty pathetic,so whether it's want or need or because I just love that little glow when u pick them up, it definitely should be increased!

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

u have 15k silver?? i am happy when i am even at 1k 🐷
    😞

• DuskDragon56496
    399 posts

I haven't bought anything but titanite and Im almost finished the game

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

i use it for runes, i keep refresing the store that a good diamond rune shows up and buy that same as with greater runes.
    I also buy ores, leather and titatium whenever possible.

• DuskDragon56496
    399 posts

try to break as many vases as you can see,surprisingly sometimes you'll find up to 67 silver in them!

• DuskDragon56496
    399 posts

how do you refresh the store,I'm stuck for hours at a time sometimes with no change whatsoever

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

i loot everything and break everything.

Just go to a shop, quick save game, open store and check the runes, if there is nothing u like, load your quick game and check again, just keep that going as long till you see diamond rune you like buy it and then go back to the shop next day after 14.00 o clock when its refresehed and repeat.

I finally got the rune that increases chc when hitting weak points.
    havent seen diamond runes yet that give life or chc etc but they are in the game

• DuskDragon56496
    399 posts

I'm going to tell you a secret they don't tell you in the game, one time I switched outfits about two thirds into the game,I didn't realize it until about 25 hours later but I had forgotten to add runes. whatever runes you add to the armor,don't matter much,try it for a few minutes without any runes,see if it makes much of a difference,oh and my armor wasn't beefed up at all! try not to buy leather and metal unless you absolutely need it because that's the one thing there's more than enough of.in Valhalla.
    Yhanks! great idea!!!

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

stopped buying leather but ores is never enough. if you maxed every single item out in your inventorry u ran out fast.
    Some weapons or armor that might be useless now could actually become in the future depending and what new stuff will be added, so i just like to max everything out, but that requires some serious mats 😛

• DuskDragon56496
    399 posts

That's very true.I've found titanite to be the hardest thing to accrue, upgrade one outfit, your down 300 titanite

Suggested Topics