Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/8 Replies/180 Views
    Xervix123
    Original poster 5 posts

UPS is holding my Eivor statue hostage unless i pay £55, i ordered from Ubisoft UK, with my UK credit card, ad shipped to UK address why do I pay brexit customs charges of £55? I raised 6 tickets with ubisoft and not one answer, ubisfoft has no phon number and NO the chat is taken away so no way to resolve this situation. I paid £127 to sit in a shop and argue with shop owner to release my UPS, then 2 hours on phone with UPS to be told it came from Germany and I owe £55 cutoms duties due to brexit NEVER WILL I BUY FROM UBISOFT AGAIN

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DreadGrrl
    165 posts

@xervix123 I can certainly understand your frustration. I suspect there are going to be many, many, unfortunate surprises for people in the UK moving forward.

You can probably just refuse the package and have it sent back. I'd try to confirm with Ubi whether or not you'll get a refund without a return authorization, however.

• Xervix123
    Original poster 5 posts

@dreadgrrl thank you i agree, and i am reasonable and i voted remain but no where on ubissoft store do they say you will have to pay brexit customs charges of £55 thank yu for your response very kind!

• Xervix123
    Original poster 5 posts

@xervix123 as its a uk store and they dont say their distrobution centre is in germany, its ubisoft fault not mine - 1. uk credit card 2. uk address 3 uk website 4 UK ubisoft store - i think i can sell my story to the UK newspapers easily

• Xervix123
    Original poster 5 posts

@xervix123 i called my uk bank and they say since ubisoft did not put the fact that goods were coming from outisde the UK and that the buyer (me) I am in the uk thinking I am buying from the UK then its possible fraud

• DreadGrrl
    165 posts

@xervix123 It may be worthwhile attempting to draw greater attention to the issue, as this is something that could potentially effect many people: especially with the COVID lockdowns and more people shopping online. Most of my older family members in Scotland haven't left their homes in months. They're relying on Internet shopping and local delivery services to survive.

Depending on when you ordered (before or after Brexit) it may or may not be Ubisoft's fault.

We've been in Canada for almost 45 years now, and I often order from foreign countries. Notes about additional duties, taxes, and delivery charges are usually in small print on the checkout page of the website. If you ordered before Brexit was finalized (but your order was shipped after Brexit was finalized), Ubisoft may not have had any additional notes on the website.

People do need to be aware of now being faced with import duties. Reaching out to the paper may be worthwhile.

• longjohn119
    784 posts

@xervix123
    That's not Ubisoft's fault, that is the fault of the idiot politicians that run your government ..... Ubisoft doesn't charge a custom fee, the British government does

• A Former User
    0 posts

@xervix123 it's the [censored] UK governments fault England has these stupid charges and even us irish have them aswell.. [censored] hell why did we (Ireland) even join the EU why did UK even join it..

Suggested Topics