Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Riki_Martini
    9 posts

Oh weird. He was never my primary but I could add him to my generic viking list.

• ChillCuz
    1 posts

I’m having the same issue. I can recruit other people’s jomsvikings but not bjorn

• harty_1
    2 posts

@malleableriver0 same here, and its specifically with Bjorn, cause all the other characters saved just fine. just another drop in the bug bucket i guess

• Ebonzone
    26 posts

Same, I got to re-add Bjorn every time.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

@Ebonzone @harty_1 @MalleableRiver0 Thank you for reporting this to us.

Just to confirm, it resets before you even summon the boat, so he can never be on the boat or it will reset between sessions/when using the Horn to call the Ship?

Official Response
  • RustyMelvin
    33 posts

Unlocked Bjorn as a raider from The Vengance of the Berserker quest, but every time I restart the game or after a certain amount of time in-game, he's been unassigned from my crew and I have to go back to the barracks to reassign him. Not game breaking obviously but is getting quite irritating.

• chaosandcoffee
    94 posts

just a quick update to this, the icon that was above my Jomsviking was because he had a bow that had the effect "increase attack when full health" or something similar, and because he was full health whenever idle the icon would always be there.

i think there's little reason to show us if they have effects at all, but if that's wanted then it should at least have a actual distance and not show through walls so we don't see it halfway across the country. i've just removed the bow to fix it for myself right now but if there's a piece of gear in future that i actually want to equip that does the same thing it'll be annoying.

• RustyMelvin
    33 posts

@jackd200592 you've tried assigned him by speaking to the quartermaster standing outside the barracks right?

• camaradon
    5 posts

@ubi-baron For me it's in between sessions

• chaosandcoffee
    94 posts

yep, happening to me too, but it seems to kick him almost every time i teleport or do anything. also this might be intended but i really dislike how after you recruit him his armour changes and weapons change.. no longer looks like an actual berserker. that axe and shield is way too small for him lol

also occasionally after it kicks him it will give me the option to "recruit" him as if he was another player's Jomsviking - but the actual button to pay/recruit is greyed out so i can't try it.

undefined

• Ebonzone
    26 posts

@ubi-baron yes after every raid it seems, also I don't know if it's related but when hovering over Bjorn at the crew selection window he appears as a different randomly generated giant npc.

undefined

undefined

• Darren_Evans
    15 posts

I was just going to post about this problem too. Really annoying.

Even the white ship's cat I just found and is now always on the boat is angry about this 🙂

• RustyMelvin
    33 posts

@chaosandcoffee I agree his gear changing makes no sense ahaha. Also bugs me that the unique raiders you find just carry plain yellow shields rather than the ones you've equipped from the boat builder. These cosmetic oversights are so weird from what is otherwise a pretty enjoyable and consistent game.

• RustyMelvin
    33 posts

@darren_evans quite a few people are bringing it up so hopefully will get sorted after the more game breaking bugs are fixed

• chaosandcoffee
    94 posts

@stage5_cancer yeah i was just thinking about that earlier.. looks so weird when all the shields are the same and then there's just a couple basic ones

• MalleableRiver0
    5 posts

@ubi-baron yes he starts in the boat but when the raid is completed and you return to the boat he’s gone I’ve tried several times same thing every time plus at the settlement when you see Bjorn near the barracks there’s a recruit option but it doesn’t work plus he was officially recruited after completing his personal mission so that could be part of the problem

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

Thank you for the added details!

I've passed this on to the team to be looked into.

@MalleableRiver0 Would you be able to provide a screenshot of Bjorn standing there?

Official Response
  • jackd200592
    6 posts

@stage5_cancer I can assign him. But I can’t recruit him so he stays on the ship permanently. I have to keep going back to assign him to the ship after every quest and when start the game. When I speak to him to recruit him the recruiting option is greyed out. It won’t let me press x to complete the recruitment.

• RustyMelvin
    33 posts

@jackd200592 oh interesting I hadn't even tried that. I'm getting the same problem with him being unassigned. Just gonna leave him till they patch it

• Jon-Umber
    3 posts

Exact same bug here. Love his character and really annoyed at this bug.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics