ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1938 posts

I am not to keen on daggers as i feel it doesnt fit a viking, but i tried it out in order to kill a lvl400 elite bear.
    My other weapons werent working too even though i am lvl440.

When i tried daggers though, he went down in no time.
    btw i play on drengr.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ThoughtTwenty
    70 posts

@asgardian02 Yeah, dual daggers are pretty lethal due to the speed and max upgrades really ups the slicing power. The disadvantage is that you have to get in close to your opponents.

I've been using double daggers for a long time now and they make short work of boss battles.

• Asgardian02

@thoughttwenty

well you gain adreline super fast and it heals u really well.

i always play close combat anyway so no problem.

• DuskDragon56496
    442 posts

@Asgardian02 I love the daggers, critical damage build reduces them to death pretty quick. lately I have been using spears,nothing in the game stands a chance and I also play on Drengr/ You're absolutely correct it's not very viking like but the same can be said for the entire game so might as well enjoy the carnage ! The biggest difference I've found between the daggers and spears is with daggers you're carving air as often as the enemy...lol ;and spears are slower but with various speed runes super fast ,not quite as fast as daggers .but the damage is amazing!

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

yeah i bet, the speed on daggers is just crazy ands makes enemies stagger while you stab away.
    CHC and CHD is always the way to go in every single game, thats just a no brainer.
    fire dame upon crit is also prettty nice.

my spear arent fully maxed out yet, so working on that.

Axes are also fast, but tried that but couldnt quite got that to work.

Once you get a flail going enemies stay in stagger stance as well.

• DuskDragon56496
    442 posts

The first game I played I used the sepulcher and the bone biter. but the movement is so slow you get hit ten times before you get a hit in. the second game I used the daggers which were incredibly fast to say the least, but the spears, I rarely take a hit,when I do it usually has to be something pretty high ranking,and you hardly miss.the hammers are ok but there lies the same problem of missing half the time,flails were just too clunky, axes aren't much to brag about, and the swords are pretty slow too even with upgrades.Yeah spears and daggers are definitely the best weapons!

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

used blacksmith hammer most of the time and that worked great.
    The dual wielding systemin this game is pretty clunky honestly.

dont see thet point in swapping weapons eather.
    pressing Q just result in me standing the parry stance, it never activates me hitting stuff with my left hand weapon.

• DuskDragon56496
    442 posts

Yeah that dual swap is completely useless nonsense, what exactly is the point of it? wow....having a hell of a wind storm here,

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

i dont like that skill points are different from mastery points.

There are so many nodes within the skill tree that i never used, that i could otherwise dump into mastery.

I dont fight with a bow never, so all those nodes are a total waste. I never use traps either and so on

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

problem with spears is that though fast after a few stabs the spears makes a big aoe move that kicks enemies back and gives them time to recover from stagger.
    This is not the case with daggers or axes. So i might switch back to those.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@asgardian02 I played the whole game using the axe/hammer dual wield. Once I was done the game, I bought and upgraded a few daggers to try out dual wielding those, and holy crap they rip through enemies in no time. I'm pretty sure my exact words were "why didn't I use these earlier?"

• Asgardian02

@ziggurcat

dual wielding isnot really a thing though is it.

i mean sure you have a weapon in each hand equipped, but you seem to only hit target with your right hand weapon.

Couldnt kill steinnborjn with daggers thouigh, but with double spears he was super easy.

Got only 2 leather after killing a lvl400 bear 😞

• DuskDragon56496
    442 posts

@Asgardian02 I noticed that with a lot of dual weapons that the left weapon only connects on the last hit, so far the only ones that I've seen connect with equal hits are the spears, if you tilt the game up to get a view of them you can see very clear the spears are alternating hits to a final double blow. it's probably why they kill so fast.

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

double should be super fast too, especially if you use varins axe and housecarls axe.
    as one axe increase attack speed after each hit up to 10 times.

• DuskDragon56496
    442 posts

I have that perk....excuse me, had that perk on one of the spears, that was of course until I lost the entire game again to data corrupt

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

well diamond runes dont seem to drop from enemies and this morning i spend over an hour reloading till i got a good one atthe shop, didnt happen.

Looking fro chained perfection rune or chained swiftness rune.

• DuskDragon56496
    442 posts

The way I understood it, the diamond runes mostly come from the order members, that's why I kill as few as possible until I'm over 200 when the runes usually kick in

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

killed them all, but that didnt give me all the diamond ones by a long shot.
    Elite big guys only drop greater runes but havent seen diamond ones drop after i finished the order menu.

this hasnt been fixed as far as i know by the patch that dropped to day

shop reset is every day, so from then on out you can reload as long as you see something you want buy that stuff and next day go again.

• DuskDragon56496
    442 posts

what is reward for Death Stranding homage which part is that?

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@asgardian02

"dual wielding isnot really a thing though is it.

i mean sure you have a weapon in each hand equipped, but you seem to only hit target with your right hand weapon."

On console, you press the right bumper for your main hand attack, the left bumper for the weapon that's in your other hand.

Suggested Topics