Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@ziggurcat

on pc you can press Q to trigger left hand, but all that does is parry, so yeah even though they promoted dual wielding its not really in the game, unlike in Odyssey.
    Swapping weapons is another useless skill

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@asgardian02 you hold that button down to trigger an attack.

• Asgardian02

@ziggurcat

well it doesnt work lik ethat on pc.

in fact the entire game seems to be design for consoles not for pc.
    It shows in so many ways, and its rather annoying.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@asgardian02 Whichever is the equivalent to the left hand "special attack" or something along those lines, then. If you can do it on console, then you most certainly can do it on PC.

• Asgardian02

@ziggurcat

well as i said when i press left hand attack it becomes a parry.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@asgardian02 maybe it's just a different key on PC? I dunno. Check the controls section/tutorials.

• Asgardian02

@ziggurcat

this is a needless discussion, the dual wielding system just isnt supoer great, why should i even bother pressing the left hand when everyuthing diues in no time anyway

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@asgardian02 it all depends on which weapon you have equipped - the hammer I had equipped does an over head smash, which stuns shielded enemies, and has the ability to knock them to the ground setting up the stomp maneuver. It's certainly not the same as, say, a Souls game, but it's still kind of there.

• Asgardian02

@ziggurcat

thats sound cool, however i gave up on that.
    If i pres q to active the left hand i always dodge back for a parry, even though i didnt mean to parry.

At least when dual wielding spears he automatically attacks with the left hand as well.

• BIG_BOSS_S.
    10 posts

LOL dual daggers are the best. period. especially if you have crit speed crit damage and the perks of kopi and satturgnr or whatever its called give you life back as well, pretty much godlike. the speed with the crits with heal just destroys anyone and anything.
    even dualing mjolnir, gungnir or excalibur is garbage compared to dual daggers.

• Asgardian02

@big_boss_s

still spears are pretty amazing too and the reach is a lot better.

• Asgardian02

@big_boss_s

I am not so sure i am starting to like spears more and more.
    especially since spears have so much more range and they have a massive aoe sweep that can kill multiple enemies at once.

Also i have been trying different setups and have found that using 3x speed runes is in fact better then for example 3x light damage. After the more often you hit the more damage output you have.
    Igniting enemies of fire with chc is also effective, as i can leave them when close to death to avoid those stupid finisher moves that take up so much time. Rest of weapon runes i used for chd as in general there is not much of that.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

@Asgardian02 I fought those two miserable cats on drengr and used two spears, they were more than 40 levels above me and using the firestrike defeated them both in 1 min 32 sec.spears are clearly far more devastating than any other weapon,Not only can you make them superfast but the criit damage is crazy.I tried going back to daggers for a bit but theres just no contest.Daggers are fast but spears are fast and deal a ridiculous amount of damage!

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

i use the mentor set with fyrd spear and cadfyrch spear and the viper bow.

You cant use to many of the same runes though, in gerenal when you use more then 3 of the same you get diminishing returns, so keep that in mind.
    I finally got the rune of swiftness, which increase attack speed with every hit up to 10 times.

so i will have to tinker around and see if i can my 1,7attack speed runes and slot in something else.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

@Asgardian02 I'M using the same spears a 1.7 on each, the same speed rune you mentioned, speed when dodge, a couple of criticals and as Tim Taylor would say oh ohh ohhh,
    using the spears so far is like playing on easy

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

still havent found the diamond rune that increase chd upon hit up to 10times.

generally you want to have more chd then chc, however it doesnt seem to be possible to obtain that in this game.
    If in D3 i had 80chc i would have around 480 chd.

Honestly with the swiftness rune you dont need the great runes with increased speed, i feel its better to add 3x light damage instead.
    I have 3x 8 chd slotted, if you add a 4th chd you get only 2extra chd instead of 8 so thats useless

• BJgobbleDix
    51 posts

So kinda jumping in on this post late but I'm actually VERY surprised no one has caught on to the reason dual Spears and dual daggers outperform so heavily compared to all other weapons that get dual wield to their same types.

When you dual wield two weapons of the same type (flail and flail for example), they typically swing both at the same time in the combo of attacks. But you will notice the DPS output is not doubled. Your damage is actually cut in half even though you're using 2 weapons. Its just the attack speed thats ramped up. The easiest way to see this in action is dual wielding flails. Yes, you gain double the attack speed but your damage is straight cut in half compared to a single flail (and part of me thinks crit chance may also be but it's hard to tell since I land so few even at power level 240). My single flail damage maybe something like 40 to 60 damage. But dual wielding drops to 20ish and sometimes in the high teens. The burst of damage is WAY different. I've actually prefer using a single flail and just having a weapon of a different type in my offhand for the perk benefits. I found landing higher burst damage is better than higher attack speed against bosses when using these weapons. The same works with Dane Axes and Great Swords. With Dane Axes, you will have maybe half of your combo swing both axes. But your damage is equivalent to a single strike. Though it does seem to count the hit for both weapons to benefit your perk, you end up only seeing a single damage number that ends up equally to the equivalent of 1 weapon hitting vs 2. The same is said with Heavy strikes.

Now, on to Spears and Daggers. Both weapons actually have a super simple combo animation where its just a left right stab over and over when dual wielding (Spears of course follow up with a wide swing). When you use a single version of the weapon (or a non spear in the offhand), its actually the same animation but only applies the damage from the single spear or dagger obviously. But here's the catch, where other weapons have their damage pretty much cut in half when dual wielding the same type and just increase attacks per second, Spears and Daggers do not.....at least for the most part. With Spears, maybe 1 in 6 hits every now and then seem to deal a lot less damage. But after tons of testing, my damage per hit from my dual Spears were the same to as if I used a single spear. My single spear was hitting for like 35 damage. With dual spear, no changes. Thus, with Spears and Daggers, you LITERALLY doubled your DPS. On he other hand, Flails for example, have no change to their DPS but instead utilize a different build style that focuses "on-hit" vs high burst. So in the end, yes, it makes perfect sense of WHY dual Spears and dual daggers heavily outperform other weapon types across the board.

This method of cutting damage when dual wielding is actually something I've seen in multiple games as a form of balance. Pretty much, increase attack speed in exchange for less damage. Makes it so dps stays balanced and diversifies builds between shields, single handed weapons, and two handed weapons. Part of me believes this to be an oversight or bug in the game, whether it be that damage was meant to be cut in half or doubled dps. But I do notice with dual Spears that heavy strikes are not doubled like their Light strike variations even though both Spears strike at the same time. So part of this tells me something is off with the Light strike variation.

• Asgardian02

@bjgobbledix

well the faster you are the more attack you get in, so if you combo that with the diamond rune that increases attack per hit and you place 3x +4 attack runes in your weapons its pretty crazy.
    recently i swapped out the attack diamond rune for CHD on hit and i do even more damage now. In the end chc and chd due work just best in almost every game.

This game is just way to easy and having only sets in the game really limits players to even build builds. Take also into consideration that the entire skill tree is pointless since you can fill everything.
    Normally you wouldnt be able to fill everything and you would have to make deliberate choices. But yeah this is an ac games so everything is super simplified and easy 😞

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics