Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• antondan_1
    Original poster 2 posts

Does anyone else feels like it has been cheated in buying this game? I do feel so.
    Coming from AC Odiseey, which was a beautiful game, in which I enjoyed every hour spent, every dialogue and Kassandra was a sensible an enjoyable character, among others in the game, this Valhalla seems more like a bad joke and a severe downgrade. All the reviews where overwhelmingly positive, but I just don't understand why and how.

First, the animations are like Playstation 1 quality, lips sync non existent, physics of the characters are utterly eye scratching, clunky and totally unrealistic. Voice acting is bad most of the time, the characters just feel like wooden dolls with no humanity into them and you can't ever relate or like any of them. And the sound, if you stay to listen to each of the sound Ubisoft has recorded for this game, is just unbelievable bad, scratching your ears, repetitive and unrealistic. Not to mention the complete lack of sound positioning, in which you have no idea where each of this sound is coming from. I fail to understand how the same reviewers that played and reviewed AC Odiseey, can give Valhalla such a high rating as they had.
    All these elements are making the whole universe of this game so uninteresting to explore, feels artificial, completely unrealistic and plain bad. There is absolutely 0 immersion. It doesn't matter how great the gameplay is, how good the fighting system is implemented, how good the main and side quests are, as long as the entire universe in which they are set is so badly constructed.
    For me is just hard to comprehend how Ubisoft raised the bar so high with Odiseey, but now went back so hard with Valhalla. I will never ever buy any other game from you Ubisoft. I'm so disappointed that I wasn't able to recover my money, for this joke of a game.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

I enjoyed the game a lot (230 hrs into it and 1000G), excluding the bugs and glitches.

So, to each their own.

Have a nice day.

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@antondan_1

there are part that are fun, for one i am a sucker for melee combat games off which tere arent many.

for the rest i agree its a downgrade from odyssey, i just commented to another post already

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@antondan_1 I'm not sure what system you're playing the game on or what kind of home theatre you have, but on PS5 with my Sony X900E/Marantz SR6014/KEF Q750/Q650c/Q150/HSU ULS-15 MK2 Home Theatre it's been some of the best lighting/environments/sound I've ever experienced in any AC game. Can you be more specific as to which sounds are "unbelievable bad, scratching your ears, repetitive and unrealistic"?

• Onebadlt1z
    11 posts

What system are you playing the game on? Playing it on a ps5 is great! I'm enjoying this game very much. Much more than I did with red dead 2 and fallout 4. This is the first assasins creed game I've played and I'm having a blast. Years ago I did play a couple minutes worth of the first assasins creed at a buddy's house and really didn't get into it. Something about being a viking in a huge open world got my attention. Probably because it's something new and different.

I have looked up assasins creed odyssey videos and it just doesn't look like something I would be very interested in, maybe that's not fair of me to say without playing it first, but I'd be willing to bet I wouldn't like it as much as I do Valhalla.

• antondan_1
    Original poster 2 posts

@ziggurcat I'm playing on a LG CX55, on PC with RTX 2080 S among other components and I'm using Logitech G433 headset.

HDR on PC is also broken, since it's just fake, with elevated brightness to match the peak brightness of the TV and that's about it. But that doesn't bother me, HDR is a general problem for games on PC and I didn't expect it to be fixed in this one and overall the environments look ok, nothing mind blowing, just ok.

Listen to the sounds that your steps are making on each surface, or listen to your horse when your ride along with other NPCs, it's just some recorded "pops" that sound tiny and plain bad. It just seems that those who recorded the sounds didn't spent too much time making them feel as it should. Or listen to the sound that your boat is making on the water, same short flashing sound repeating at an annoying rate that makes me turn it off. Also, all the voices feel like they are further away, aside from Eivor voice which is way overblown at volume, covering everything, there is no dynamic range whatsoever. In combat it's the same, all the weapons colliding are at the same volume and sound just flat and it's like only one sample sound used for them all. It's hard to explain something like the sound in a game, but believe me, this is one of the worst I have ever experienced, miles away from Odiseey.

• usafirefly7
    47 posts

Don't agree with you. This is a very good game. I just played Cyberpunk 2077 and this game is SIGNIFICANTLY better in every way over that game.

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@usafirefly7

both are totally different games and genres though, its like comparing apples and oranges.
    Not sure why u would do that but yeah...

Suggested Topics