Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AnimusLover
    180 posts

@asgardian02 Yep, very obvious that most of the critic reviews are from people who never actually completed the game.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@alphagoose46219

yeah same for me.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@animuslover

you cant judge anything when you havent completed the entire game.

When i 1st started Doom Eternal i wasnt having a lot of fun. Gradually though i came to understood the combat loop (took roughly 100 hours) and that made it all the more fun.
    Mastering the game will take many more hours but its such a great game, that if you were to judge it too early you'd miss out a lot.

During lvling up there were parts that i liked valhalla, but over time i came to realize that everything is copy pasted and nothing has been finished with any eye for detail or finesse.
    Hence my bad review.

• Max18400
    410 posts

Going to have to agree to disagree with the original poster. You are entitled to your opinion of course, and yeah of course be aware of the covid pandemic, yet the game is one of the most disappointing assassin's creed games I've ever played. They don't take the period they're covering seriously, the gameplay is still bugged for many platforms, there is 0 replayablity at all. Even after river raids as what is the point in returning once you've done everything. It is at it's heart a good game, but so many factors let it down. So I am a huge history nerd, and the viking age particularly is my area of knowledge (2 degrees on the subject) and whilst I don't mind having some creative liberty with the period, they've just disregarded any sense of the having anything historically accurite. For example, they for what her reason swapped having historically accurite one handed swords in the game, for over sized greatswords which didn't exist for at least 350 years after the 9th century.
    And as many people on here have pointed out, you need to finish the game before you judge it as it does get stale and its flaws become increasingly obvious as you go through. I am more than happy to discuss this difference of opinion however.

• Netspook
    307 posts
    Yup this entire game was framed around the helix store, like I said before, it's all about money with Ubisoft

@DuskDragon56496
    Of course it is all about the money, what did you expect? It's a company, not a charity.

But I do agree it's framed around the store, the amount of armor sets here compared to ingame - that alone proves it. As do other stuff you can buy there. Not to mention, I don't think there are any very good-looking armor sets in the game, but several in the store. For obvious reasons.

Stuff like this just adds to my reasons why calling this game GOTY is one of the silliest things I've read in a long time. If any Ubi title is going to get that title, my vote goes to Immortals Fenyx Rising, it's a far superior game, and I haven't encountered a single bug yet.

• BruceHillRacing
    41 posts

@ubi-woofer

Suprprise surprise, they respond to this....
    Forum is full of disappointment and complaints yet the staff will find that 1 needle in a haystack from some [removed] that thinks this game is good.

Ubi-Woofer Edit: Please refrain from making generalised insults or discriminatory remarks. You may have a differing opinion, but please treat your fellow players with respect! Thank you!

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@brucehillracing

yeah they really do cherry picking.

would have been much better for our trust if they would actually adress the other stuff in a civil manner and show that they care and are willing to improve stuff.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1267 posts

@BruceHillRacing - I replied to this thread as several posts had been reported to us for their content. I found after reviewing these reports that this thread is more suited to being handled by our community representatives, so I moved it here to the General Discussion section from the Player Support section, which is where myself and my fellow support agents are handling support-based queries. The community team handle contacts in this one. I hope this clarifies things for you!

@Asgardian02 - We answer as many people as possible in our respective sections as quickly as possible; please rest assured that your query will be seen, and even if not responded to immediately, taken into account. Thank you.

Official Response
  • Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@ubi-woofer

and yet you never responded to any of the threats suggestions or otherwise that i have opened over the course of the past 2 months.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1267 posts

@asgardian02 - Having looked through your created threads via your profile, I don't see any created within the Player Support section, which is the section I work on - if you have created a thread that you believe needs attention from a support agent such as myself, you're welcome to send me a link. 🙂 I've definitely seen your name in a few threads I've replied to before however, so I do think we've bumped into one another in the threads created by others.

Official Response
  • Max18400
    410 posts

@ubi-woofer can you please provide an update on one handed swords please?

• BruceHillRacing
    41 posts

@ubi-woofer

Sorry for the insulting remarks.
    I hope it highlights the shear frustration many of us have, we paid a great deal of money for a game and season pass that is frankly still full of bugs, as many get added as removed with every update. River Raids was released 3 days ago and literally everyone has completed it with 6-8 hours of play. No 1 handed swords, No repeatable content, sluggish gameplay. What gives, what's the plan...
    Why do we get no feedback or responses to any questions.?
    Why is this game so much worse at its core than Odyssey ?
    Why is the Helix Store being prioritised over gameplay, this a season pass game, not an MMO, why is there even a store?
    Is the store used to generate more money, if so why is that not going into development ?

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@ubi-woofer

yes, i never posted anything within the support section.

Initiated feedback in the general section a lot though, yet no one from ubisoft ever responds or show they care and feel to enlighten us that they work on stuff.

All in i am pretty dissapointed by this product, especially with how much fun i had in Odyssey. The last RR updates was the last straw really and ruined all faith/trust i have in Ubisoft.
    Its just a real shame tbh

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@yazx_ You won't get any bashing from me, the last 2 AC games Ubi put out, Odyssey and Valhalla, are the best I've played, sinking over 600 total hours into them. I played on Xbox One X, and except for the occassional graphic/audio glitch, I had no issues. I feel bad for those that did, but I'm also glad I'm not one of them, which I typically am.

I played CP2077 at launch, a really hot mess, as most of you are aware. But once CDPR updated with patch 1.11 it played almost perfectly and turned out to be a fine game.

I can't wait for the Valhalla DLC's and the next AC game to come out. The lesson learned from the recent AAA game launches should be to NEVER EVER buy a pre-order. Why can't we all wait to actually see how games are played on YT/Twitch, etc., and incentivize companies to launch too early. I wish there was some kind of official legislation to outlaw video game pre-orders, loot boxes, and simulated gambling. Just my opinion, but the ESRB and the other countries variants, are a joke.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@forcefrank

watching youtube and twich is risky as well, cos many of those guys are just shill and refuse to say anything bad about games..

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@netspook I finished Valhalla and I'm probably 8-10 hours into Fenyx Rising. I loved Valhalla and am also loving Fenyx Rising, but these types of games are what I really enjoy. I tried RR and got through maybe a total of an hour and just couldn't do anymore. It's really pointless. I got my $60 worth out of the campaign. I'm wracking my brain to figure out what people want from an AC game. I mean if they're experiencing game breaking bugs/glitches, etc., I can understand. My playthrough was clean, and like I mentioned in another comment, I'm glad for that as it's usually not the case.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@asgardian02 True, but my point was to actually "watch" the gameplay, not focus on the content creator. It's probably how I end up deciding whether to buy most of the games I get. You are correct about some of them being paid by the game dev's but the gameplay doesn't lie.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@forcefrank

i made that mistake with Wolcen, various YT played wolcen and praised the game. I then bought it cos it looked fun, however it was a total fiasco and still is one year later 😞
    They guys got a sample from Wolcen that as it turned out later was an improved version of the actual game.

so yeah you cant trust those guys.

your better off waiting a few months and read comments and stuff from ppl on forums and other outlets.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@brucehillracing What system are you playing on @BruceHillRacing? Besides no 1 handed swords or repeatable content, and sluggish gameplay, what else is an issue with you with Valhalla? Didn't Ubi say no 1 handed swords were part of the original release? Did you complete the main campaign, and if so, were you happy with that content? I'd be interested in knowing the type of bugs you've experienced as well. The only ones I've noticed are graphic/audio related and only a few of those through my 300 plus hours.

I have noticed my game crashes to the dashboard ever since I loaded the RR update and I'll report that in the technical section.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@asgardian02 Agree, I guess we can combine all those media and then decide on our own before rewarding game companies before they release their product. I think we've all seen how most of the last year's AAA titles have launched and it leaves a lot to be desired. It needs to stop.

Suggested Topics